Air suspension or bags?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ProjectR3NTAL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wanna lower my truck but then don't want to lose that height for when on the road. What is the best recommendation? Also what's everyone's opinion on bags?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
was hoping to see some answers on this

Do a search on here,i forget who,but somebody had a decent write up on an airbag install.It'll be a year or 2 back if I remember right.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
If you want it low sometimes and higher for the road then you want air suspension. Throwing in helper bags to raise it up for road use will give you a rough ride.

DwnDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How low are you looking at going exactly?
That'd be a good place to start with when asking the question.

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Tradesman Regular Cab
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I am installing air ride with a 6 inch drop in the rear of my Ram soon. Will do a wright up once I am finished.

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got an air ride installed in the rear by timber grove enterprises. They take place of the springs. I've had them on for about 4 Months. Ride quality is good adjustability is awesome. I've been working with Steve to tweak this setup. If anyone is going with this setup I highly recommend installing the compressor with the self leveling kit. Makes it so much easier and worry free.

I didn't take any install pics but I can take some pics of it already installed.

https://timbergroveenterprises.com/shop/gi2g4uofzn95s1t88q82zec9aatni5

6+Low+1+2019.jpg

Last edited:

Ramcharger60

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 crew cab sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I also have the Inez 4/6 kit with Timber Grove bags, auto level compressor kit and Viking double adjustable shocks in the rear. The only time I bottom out is from the craters in the construction area on I-4 in Orlando. Otherwise it rides great. I pull a 9k lb. Rv and the auto level is working great. The total cost of everything is pricey at about $3,500 but to me was well worth it.. you will have to put shorter tires on the 20" rims for the 4/6 drop. If you go with 2/3 or 2/4 you will be fine with the stock size.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Tradesman Regular Cab
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I also have the Inez 4/6 kit with Timber Grove bags, auto level compressor kit and Viking double adjustable shocks in the rear. The only time I bottom out is from the craters in the construction area on I-4 in Orlando. Otherwise it rides great. I pull a 9k lb. Rv and the auto level is working great. The total cost of everything is pricey at about $3,500 but to me was well worth it.. you will have to put shorter tires on the 20" rims for the 4/6 drop. If you go with 2/3 or 2/4 you will be fine with the stock size.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

What are the best 20" size to go with for the 4/6 drop?