Air Suspension owners get in here...

My air suspension has been...

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cwirth7

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Rebel 5.7
I know I shouldn't be doing this.....

2016 Rebel. 25K miles. No issues at all. No lean or anything. It's been as cold as 5F here and no quirks at all. This weekend we're expecting 8-12" of snow and temps at around -15F with the wind chill. I guess we'll really see if I have an issue then.

ram-ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI V8 eTorque
I am a first time truck owner. Have 2019 Limited with air suspension. I like the ride v. much. Can even lower the truck when I am doubtful about hangings in a commercial garage. Have had 1500 miles on it. No problems for me.

Enjoying the truck experience. :) 2019 RAM is awesome... inside and out.

KSH

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 1500
Engine
EcoDiesel
That's what i use the antenna for, checking for low ceilings.

HitchHiker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You're welcome
Good luck with your truck and yes by all means point them to my experience. I'm hoping my post will help many others that have a similar issue with air suspension.

Thanks, I ended up canceling my service appt as I didn’t want to be without my truck over Christmas break and there was no guarantee of a loaner vehicle at the time. I ended up replacing the primary 40 amp fuse for the air suspension and I’ve only had one issue with the air suspension EVIC alert since and it hasn’t dropped to the bump stops since either. That said I’m sure it’s just a matter of time until it occurs again and it still hangs lower on the front left driver side after sitting overnight. I will set up a follow up appt later in January when it’s typically a lot colder overnight on a regular basis in hopes that the issue can more easily be reproduced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KSH

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 1500
Engine
EcoDiesel
Thanks, I ended up canceling my service appt as I didn’t want to be without my truck over Christmas break and there was no guarantee of a loaner vehicle at the time. I ended up replacing the primary 40 amp fuse for the air suspension and I’ve only had one issue with the air suspension EVIC alert since and it hasn’t dropped to the bump stops since either. That said I’m sure it’s just a matter of time until it occurs again and it still hangs lower on the front left driver side after sitting overnight. I will set up a follow up appt later in January when it’s typically a lot colder overnight on a regular basis in hopes that the issue can more easily be reproduced.

That's the problem i had. Driver's side front would drop down overnight. Dealer had it 5 months. Never got it fixed.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Mine lasted 1.5 weeks after I thought it was fixed and it started again. The 2017 is traded and I'm driving a 2019 Longhorn without air suspension and e-torque. So far I love it. I loved my 2017 but at this stage in life I didn't want to be plagued every second week with air suspension issues. I hope everything works out for you with that truck.

Rhutch85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bought my 2017 Ram Limited brand new and never had a problem until this winter. I left my truck in off road 1 level 3 over night. In the morning my front end was slammed and my rear end was stuck in level 3. Did some research and decided to check the fuse Boom it was blown. So I replaced it truck raised and seemed fine. The next morning I started it up and had a very bad vibration coming from the rear end. Got out and found it was my compressor. Not only a bad vibration but it was very loud. I was fed up called my dealer and drove the truck straight there. I only have 15000km on it with 100000km warrenty. Turns out the fuse blew again and the compressor was faulty. Truck should be done today. Don’t think I’ll get the 4 corner air suspension in my next truck.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not trying to sway anyone’s dislike from the air suspension that have had issues with it but it seems to me it’s the earlier model years is what’s primarily affected. Hopefully they got a lot more issues ironed out in the ‘18 trucks. Supposedly the poor lube that was used on the valve blocks in the compressor was causing them to stick, blueing fuses and venting the nitrogen to the atmosphere causing the system to bring in outside air that lead to freezing because of the moisture. Supposedly they’ve updated the lube that prevents the sticking in cold weather. But I don’t expect any of y’all previous air suspension truck owners to trust that, I don’t think I would either. How’s the saying go- the first impression is always a lasting impression.

So far mines been good for winter last year and so far this year. It ain’t seen super-cold temps here yet but Monday morning when I left the house, it was a humid 25° and no problems. I don’t hardly use any of the other ride height modes and even turned off the aero mode so maybe that’s why, maybe it isn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hotrod45

Military
Reaction score
I raised mine to OR2, then 4lock, and I drove out of 10" of snow where the truck had been parked. No problem.:)

HitchHiker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine lasted 1.5 weeks after I thought it was fixed and it started again. The 2017 is traded and I'm driving a 2019 Longhorn without air suspension and e-torque. So far I love it. I loved my 2017 but at this stage in life I didn't want to be plagued every second week with air suspension issues. I hope everything works out for you with that truck.

Thanks man. Fortunately for me my 2018 is a 39 month lease so if the air suspension continues to present problems during my ownership period I will simply hand the truck back in when the lease is up and then probably end up making the same choice you did - find a current model year or CPO 5th gen without the air suspension option.

HitchHiker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bought my 2017 Ram Limited brand new and never had a problem until this winter. I left my truck in off road 1 level 3 over night. In the morning my front end was slammed and my rear end was stuck in level 3. Did some research and decided to check the fuse Boom it was blown. So I replaced it truck raised and seemed fine. The next morning I started it up and had a very bad vibration coming from the rear end. Got out and found it was my compressor. Not only a bad vibration but it was very loud. I was fed up called my dealer and drove the truck straight there. I only have 15000km on it with 100000km warrenty. Turns out the fuse blew again and the compressor was faulty. Truck should be done today. Don’t think I’ll get the 4 corner air suspension in my next truck.

I feel the same bad vibration when I lose pressure in the front. Clearly it’s the compressor. Weird thing is if I let the truck warm up and then recycle the engine the suspension usually levels out without any issue. I suspect they will replace the compressor on mine as well but with my front left hanging lower I’m fairly certain that’s not going to resolve the problem in entirety.

Rhutch85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I feel the same bad vibration when I lose pressure in the front. Clearly it’s the compressor. Weird thing is if I let the truck warm up and then recycle the engine the suspension usually levels out without any issue. I suspect they will replace the compressor on mine as well but with my front left hanging lower I’m fairly certain that’s not going to resolve the problem in entirety.

To be honest I think mine did hang lower on my driver side as well. Going to check that out when I get it back. I know one thing is air suspension doesn’t like cold weather.

8732cuts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I traded mine the air suspension would not work when I was driving down the freeway it would go to entry height I took it to the dealer they kept it for 3 or 4 days they couldn't fix it they call Chrysler get the engineers involved they checked every single wire going to the main computer then they needed a special tool to open up something in the rear of the truck I guess some type of brain for the air suspension I never could find out what it was so I traded it for a 2018 took it to a lift shop for the 6-inch lift on my brand new truck

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Rhutch85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Got my truck back. Took 3 days. They replaced the compressor and re filled my reservoir with nitrogen. So far so good. We’ll see over the weekend as were getting some cold weather.

DanBen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I see lots of different comments about past generation air suspension but are there still problems with the new 2019 air suspension.

After reading about all the previous generation problems it makes people think the air suspension system is plagued with problems.

Mine is working great even when it is below zero degrees F out there. I haven't had my new truck for long yet. I am optimistic that I won't have any problems and just enjoy it.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I see lots of different comments about past generation air suspension but are there still problems with the new 2019 air suspension.

After reading about all the previous generation problems it makes people think the air suspension system is plagued with problems.

Mine is working great even when it is below zero degrees F out there. I haven't had my new truck for long yet. I am optimistic that I won't have any problems and just enjoy it.

Good luck bud, I hope nobody has to go through the issues I had with air suspension. I ended up traded my 2017 for a new 2019 because of the problems. I ordered without e-torque and air suspension

HitchHiker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To be honest I think mine did hang lower on my driver side as well. Going to check that out when I get it back. I know one thing is air suspension doesn’t like cold weather.

Just came back from a week of vacation in Florida. Truck was parked at the BWI airport for seven days during which we had a major cold snap. Came back late last night to 25 degree temps in the airport parking lot. The 40 amp fuse was blown again. Had to have occurred while we were gone as it worked fine on the way to the airport. Either that or the fuse blew upon start, hard to say really. Had to drive home two hours with the front nearly on the bump stops.

Replaced the fuse this morning and the front air suspension came right up again. Going to make an appt with the dealer tomorrow for inspection as this is now a repeating pattern on my 2018 truck.

OP
OP
Nystagmus

Nystagmus

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Longhorn CC
Engine
I really want a Limited with air...but I be damned if I ever buy one after reading all these posts !!!

chopperguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I really want a Limited with air...but I be damned if I ever buy one after reading all these posts !!!

Remember this is the internet, of course you’ll hear about the problems. Everyone wants to vent when things go bad. Remember how many of these trucks have air-ride and are out there problem free!
I for one love it! My next will be ordered with it again!