AIR SUSPENSION PROBLEM on 2018 REBEL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IRISHREBEL2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I recently purchased a 2018 Rebel with Air suspension. The truck has 28000 miles. I live in Pennsylvania, where the temperature is currently about 80 degrees. I noticed the other day that the front was sitting on the bumper blocks, and the rear was in off road mode. While doing a little trouble shooting, I noticed the 40A fuse was blown. I replaced the fuse and the air compressor fired right up and elevated the truck. 2 days later, ( without driving) same fuse was popped again. I again replaced the fuse, waited for the truck to elevate, and removed the fuse. I have let the truck sit for a week now, and the truck remains at the same height ( I dont think it is a leak issue). I was curious if anyone Is having similar problems ? I am not getting any codes or service AIR SUSPENSION messages. I have scheduled an appointment at the dodge dealer.

Last edited:

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
Sounds like maybe your compressor is starting to draw too much power. Could be a connection or the compressor may need to be replaced. Should be under warranty if it only has 28,000 miles.
Have your dealer check it out.

Polarisrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Larimie Sport
Engine
I recently purchased a 2018 Rebel with Air suspension. The truck has 28000 miles. I live in Pennsylvania, where the temperature is currently about 80 degrees. I noticed the other day that the front was sitting on the bumper blocks, and the rear was in off road mode. While doing a little trouble shooting, I noticed the 40A fuse was blown. I replaced the fuse and the air compressor fired right up and elevated the truck. 2 days later, ( without driving) same fuse was popped again. I again replaced the fuse, waited for the truck to elevate, and removed the fuse. I have let the truck sit for a week now, and the truck remains at the same height ( I dont think it is a leak issue). I was curious if anyone Is having similar problems ? I am not getting any codes or service AIR SUSPENSION messages. I have scheduled an appointment at the dodge dealer.

Polarisrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Larimie Sport
Engine
I had the same problem on my 2014. The dealer said they sometimes see moisture in the air system. they evacuated the system and recharged it with nitrogen and haven't had a problem since. that was at 75,000 miles