Air Suspension: Remove or change the speed limits in Aero and Offroad modes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wes8398

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any Alphaobd users out there that are aware of a way to allow the truck to drive (above the limited speeds) in Entry/Exit and/or Offroad height settings? I'm using aftermarket adjustable height sensor links to tinker with my ride heights, and would like to have the E/E *mode* (not at OEM height settings) fully driveable without raising at the 15 or whatever MPH current limit.
Anyone got any ideas?

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Any Alphaobd users out there that are aware of a way to allow the truck to drive (above the limited speeds) in Entry/Exit and/or Offroad height settings? I'm using aftermarket adjustable height sensor links to tinker with my ride heights, and would like to have the E/E *mode* (not at OEM height settings) fully driveable without raising at the 15 or whatever MPH current limit.
Anyone got any ideas?
Never seen an option to change it.
I didn't really look all that hard either.

Have never used the entry/exit.
The off-road lowering is very annoying, but I've gotten use to it. As soon as it starts to lower, I push it back up, or play with speed.
Places I go, usually no need for speed, and often too many atv's around. they often cry when fast big truck is coming towards them :)

OP
OP
wes8398

wes8398

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Never seen an option to change it.
I didn't really look all that hard either.

Have never used the entry/exit.
The off-road lowering is very annoying, but I've gotten use to it. As soon as it starts to lower, I push it back up, or play with speed.
Places I go, usually no need for speed, and often too many atv's around. they often cry when fast big truck is coming towards them :)
To clarify - you've not seen any CUG l such settings, but you also haven't really looked for them, right?

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
To clarify - you've not seen any CUG l such settings, but you also haven't really looked for them, right?
Correct. played with many settings. while I didn't actually look for that specially, I didn't see it either.
Should be able to change it, might not be mapped though.

OP
OP
wes8398

wes8398

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Correct. played with many settings. while I didn't actually look for that specially, I didn't see it either.
Should be able to change it, might not be mapped though.
10-4! Thanks for the reply! Now I'm curious... What DID you find, and what were the most useful to play with?

zrock

Reaction score
one issue you will have leaving it at entry exit mode is at speed yo will have o suspension travel left you will be at the lower limit of the suspension and almost on the bumpstops

OP
OP
wes8398

wes8398

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
one issue you will have leaving it at entry exit mode is at speed yo will have o suspension travel left you will be at the lower limit of the suspension and almost on the bumpstops
Thanks for the input. I'm aware. I've already trimmed the rear bump stops to allow for a bit of travel. I'm not actually looking to drive around in E/E all the time. I just want to, well, when I want to. LoL

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thanks for the input. I'm aware. I've already trimmed the rear bump stops to allow for a bit of travel. I'm not actually looking to drive around in E/E all the time. I just want to, well, when I want to. LoL
That would be like poor man truck lowering? :)

I change the rims from 18 to 20 and also bit bigger tire.

Also played around with some the 'safety' features. So of them, when change them in Alphaobd, they stay, don't let you change them back via the screen.
Did it a year ago, so don't recall of the things I changed. Have to be careful though, can mess up your truck if your not careful.

OP
OP
wes8398

wes8398

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That would be like poor man truck lowering? :)

I change the rims from 18 to 20 and also bit bigger tire.

Also played around with some the 'safety' features. So of them, when change them in Alphaobd, they stay, don't let you change them back via the screen.
Did it a year ago, so don't recall of the things I changed. Have to be careful though, can mess up your truck if your not careful.
Poor man truck lowering would be something like cutting coils from OEM springs, or installing lowering springs without swapping dampers to match.... Or in our specific case, not addressing the rear axle misalignment that happens when you lower the rear end. Manipulating an OEM air suspension to do something is designed to do (see: be adjustable) doesn't quite fit that bill in by books. But whatever makes ya feel better, man Thanks for your input.