Air suspension to lift kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bisdak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Im so tired of air suspension malfunctioning when temp goes really low. This time it didnt recover. Truck in the dealer so I dont how much damage it’d cost me. I have 35s on with leveler. Has anyone converted suspension from air to lift system? Id like to lift to 4 inches as well. Please do share if anyone has done. Thanks!

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im so tired of air suspension malfunctioning when temp goes really low. This time it didnt recover. Truck in the dealer so I dont how much damage it’d cost me. I have 35s on with leveler. Has anyone converted suspension from air to lift system? Id like to lift to 4 inches as well. Please do share if anyone has done. Thanks!

Well, you can lift your air suspension. Are you talking about converting to coil suspension?

Mr.AK902

Reaction score
Ram Year
17'
Engine
Many do the conversion. It is common here in Canada as the -40C temps are hard on the system. My truck is coil sprung, but from what I understand it is cheaper to either convert to a factory sprung system or an aftermarket lift if your air system has failed outside of warranty.

There are many dealers here that routinely stock the commonly sold lifts as a quick fix for failed factory air systems. I have seen rows in the dealer lots locally full of trucks all leaning or sitting on the bump stops as they await repair to the factory air system.

OP
OP
B

bisdak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
@olyelr, yes you are correct. I meant to convert from air to coil spring suspension.

My truck is not Rebel. It is 2014 1500 Sport with air suspension. I installed 35x12.5x22. Raised and leveled it using Revel adjustable leveling links. I just want to convert to regular coil suspension lift kit so I can lift it to 4 inches.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@olyelr, yes you are correct. I meant to convert from air to coil spring suspension.

My truck is not Rebel. It is 2014 1500 Sport with air suspension. I installed 35x12.5x22. Raised and leveled it using Revel adjustable leveling links. I just want to convert to regular coil suspension lift kit so I can lift it to 4 inches.

Well, you dont have to convert to spring suspension to get it lifted 4”. You may know that, but just throwing that out there.

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, you dont have to convert to spring suspension to get it lifted 4”. You may know that, but just throwing that out there.
Sounds more like there’s a hint of wanting to get rid of air suspension on top of wanting to lift it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963