Air Suspension with ORP operates same as Rebel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DanBen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Air Suspension with the Off Road package operates the same as the Rebel in the owner manual. I have the Limited with the ORP. It rides a little harder than the trucks without the ORP.

Without ORP there is a Normal, OR1 +1", OR2 +1", Aero -1/2", & Entry -2". = 5 different heights for a total of 4"

With the ORP the truck is raised 1" already and Normal is 1" higher than normal without ORP, OR +1", Aero -1/2", & Entry -3". = 4 different heights for a total of 4"

I was surprised I did not have the 5 different settings on mine with the ORP.

The Aero mode only lowers the truck 1/2" and since with the ORP the normal height is already 1" higher than standard, with the Aero mode setting the truck with ORP is still 1/2" higher than standard normal - I would think that Aero would lower 1 1/2" down to the standard truck Aero height for best fuel economy.

With the ORP the difference from Normal mode down to Entry mode is 3" which brings it down to the same Entry height as a standard truck.

I would like the Aero mode to be lower on my ORP truck (down 1 1/2" to equal the standard truck Aero mode) for better fuel economy and possibly a softer ride.

Does anyone know if the Aero mode height can be changed by Ram service technician?

I also noticed that if I start out in Entry mode the height automatically changes to Aero mode at slow speed and doesn't automatically change to Normal mode after slowing down. If I start out in Entry mode and manually change to Normal mode it will stay in Normal until high speed and automatically change to Aero and then back to Normal when I slow down (like it is supposed to).

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
My Laramie with ORP has 5 different levels. normal, OR 1 and OR 2, aeromode and entry. I would not want mine to go any lower in entry mode because the power boards are almost on the ground.

SteezC

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My Limited only allows for 4 ride heights as well, the highest being OR? Reading what @DanBen had to say made sense when I was trying to figure out why my Limited wouldn't go to OR 2 today. Maybe it's a Limited thing?

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I was.going off memory but when I checked mine it operates as the limited does.

Yachtsman1304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The Big Horn North Edition operates the same as the ORP, even though it does not "really" have the ORP. I only have 4 settings as well.

IAMRAP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My Limited only allows for 4 ride heights as well, the highest being OR? Reading what @DanBen had to say made sense when I was trying to figure out why my Limited wouldn't go to OR 2 today. Maybe it's a Limited thing?

I have a new 2019 Limited and have 5 ride heights (entry, aero, normal, OR1, OR2). All operate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk