AirBag drivers side Recall replacement parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ben Wobig

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I have searched high and low and can't find an answer so I post the question here. On a 2005 1500 drivers recall for the airbag. Does the dealer replace the entire part including the vinyl and horn pad? Or do they disassemble the parts that the airbag is installed in and only replace the bag itself? I a having a horn pad issue and the dealer says that its got nothing to do with the recalled airbag replacement.

pajeepman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
I can't answer that but is this after the recall airbag replacement?
I need mine under recall and read about people having horns not working after the replacement . It was suggested to have an employee verify a working horn BEFORE work is done, when truck is dropped off. I would actual take a video of it working when dropping it off.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Ben Wobig

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I did not have issue for over a year after the recall. Its really hard to find answers. I wish i knew a dodge tech who could answer this simple question. Dealership wants 400 bucks to fix the horn pad.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I can't answer that but is this after the recall airbag replacement?
I need mine under recall and read about people having horns not working after the replacement . It was suggested to have an employee verify a working horn BEFORE work is done, when truck is dropped off. I would actual take a video of it working when dropping it off.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
I have searched high and low and can't find an answer so I post the question here. On a 2005 1500 drivers recall for the airbag. Does the dealer replace the entire part including the vinyl and horn pad? Or do they disassemble the parts that the airbag is installed in and only replace the bag itself? I a having a horn pad issue and the dealer says that its got nothing to do with the recalled airbag replacement.

Hey, Ben Wobig and pajeepman. Unfortunately, we cannot speculate as to the exact parts that are replaced during the recall repair. However, we would like to ensure that you both have your recalls taken care of in a timely manner and as soon as possible. Please send a private message so we can assist.

Kate
RamCares

Malodave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
My '08 went in for both the Drivers and Passenger Airbag recall. I believe they just replaced the
inflator module not the bag itself.

On my truck, I think the dealer just faked out the Computer so they would not go off in a crash. During
a winter storm I rear ended a truck with a 17K lb hitch. I did no damage to their truck, but my front
passenger Frame Horn started to crumple and the airbags DID NOT deploy.

Malodave