Airbag light & seatbelt lights stay illuminated on dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SLT1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Hey guys! So, I can't get the airbag light and the seatbelt light on the dashboard to turn off. Does anybody know what this means, or how to fix it? I'm hesitant to take my truck to the repair shop just to pay money to see what it "could" be.

Of course, I've buckled the seatbelts, but the light still stays on. I assume there must be something wrong with a fuse/electrical component. Any help/suggestions would be great! Thanks!

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Welcome bud, it could be the buckle is not completeing the cir. Did that and the airbag come on at the same time?

bigtigga84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Gonna sound weird but do you tilt the wheel before the gauges go through there check when you start the truck. my air bag light has been doing the salme thing but it seems to go off if i don't tilt the wheel till after itbdoes the check. Doesn't always work but does most of the time. my parents van was doing the same thing. they took it in and there was a loose wire in the column

OP
OP
S

SLT1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
I am actually not sure... I bought the truck from a private dealer. One thing I do know is that the last guy who owned it had put in an aftermarket CD player. I read somewhere, at some point, that this could potentially cause some wires to malfunction within the dashboard?

bigtigga84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Eh, dunno bout a radio causing the air bag and seat belt to come on. woulda had to have done some seriously special wiring for that. can you pull the radio and see if the wiring harness is in tact. if he used one i doubt any of the factory wiring would be compromised