Airlift 5000 part number, compressors, and Hellwig Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GadgetWiz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I need air springs on my 2018 Power Wagon. My 7000 lbs boat causes a lot more sag than I was expecting. I found a lot of references to "Air Lift's Airlifter 5000 Ultimate" with Daystar cradles, but nobody actually mentions the part number. When I search for the AirLifter kits, I find tons of part numbers. I'm so confused.

Then the compressor. Will all of these compressors work?

I assume this is the correct Air Bag Cradle

Finally, I saw several references to the Hellwig Suspension kit. It seems much easier to install because I don't need to worry about the cradle, but the conversations were quite heated. Any thought whether this is a legit solution?

Sorry if this is covered somewhere else. I honest to God spent the last two hours using Google to figure out which springs were the correct springs.

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Ram 2500 CC SB Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Have you looked at the Airlift Website for your truck. The Daystar cradles are correct.

OP
OP
GadgetWiz

GadgetWiz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Have you looked at the Airlift Website for your truck. The Daystar cradles are correct.
Yes. My concern was that it might require something different for a Power Wagon vs a regular 2500. I ended up ordering these items:

- Air Lift 88289 'LoadLifter 5000' Air Spring Kit
- Daystar, Air Bag Cradle designed for full suspension travel, Fits All 6" diameter convoluted Air Bags, fits any full size of half ton truck, 2/4WD, KU09140BK, Made in America
- AIR LIFT 72000 Wireless Air Leveling Compressor

I've read that I don't need a spacer, or any other special components. If somebody knows something else I might need, I would appreciate a heads up. Don't want to Uber to the parts store.

Thanks for your help.

Joel

OP
OP
GadgetWiz

GadgetWiz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Also, for future people.

The 89289 and the 57289 would work too.

The 89289 has stainless line, but I prefer nylon. I think it's easier to connection Nylon lines.

The 57289 is missing the jounce bumper. I think it's worth the extra few bucks to not worry about running with zero air.

Udy2554

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the 5000 Ultimate Plus, with Daystar cradles! Wireless remote too!

I’ll look up the numbers when I get home from work!

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
I’m intrigued. Please share your experience on installation and how it pulled your 7000 lbs better (or worse) plus if/when you go off-roading, how it effected capabilities. Thanks in advance.

michael harpe

U.S. Army 2001-2014
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 hemi
This is the email back from hellwig tech support. Keep in mind this is for a stock power wagon without a lift. Hence why they told me I need different spacers.

3646e8242edfccd9b600faedd242a620.jpg

Sent from an undisclosed location in Iraq

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is the email back from hellwig tech support. Keep in mind this is for a stock power wagon without a lift. Hence why they told me I need different spacers.

3646e8242edfccd9b600faedd242a620.jpg

Hmm, I’m not sure what they are talking about. :hmm:

michael harpe

U.S. Army 2001-2014
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 hemi
Those are the hellwig part numbers for their airbag and rear sway bar.

OP
OP
GadgetWiz

GadgetWiz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I wanted to post a little update. I installed the air springs, cradles, and wireless compressor gadget. The only real surprise was that I had to tap 5/16” holes for the cradles.

The improvement while towing my boat is night and day. The handling, acceleration, and breaking were drastically improved. Before the installation, the ball mount would drop 3 1/2 inches when I hooked up my boat. I was running a four inch drop hitch and the sag between the truck and the boat was noticeable. Now I’m shopping around for a 5 or 6 inch drop ball mount because just a few pounds of pressure raises the tongue too high if I try pump the truck back to its stock height.

I went on a six hour excursion to a lake last weekend and it felt almost like I had my old 2500hd. Obviously i could feel the difference between the diesel and the Hemi, but it did well particularly after installing a Pedal Commander (great investment by the way).

Next I need to decide if I want to add the stabilizer bar.

Thanks for the help everyone.