Airlift Bags

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dragonsteel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The Airlift bags I installed in my RCSB 2/4 dropped truck are making some very annoying squeaking sounds. Any thoughts on how to eliminate the noises?

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The Airlift bags I installed in my RCSB 2/4 dropped truck are making some very annoying squeaking sounds. Any thoughts on how to eliminate the noises?
Is the squeaking noise coming from the brackets or from the actual air bag when they are being loaded and unloaded?

What air pressure are you running in the bags?

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After I went 2/4 my truck squeaked like hell. It was the springs loading and unloading...speed bumps, shifting into drive or reverse from park, etc.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

Easy enough to isolate the noise,dig out a spray bomb of silicone lube and spray each bag individually with it.It could also be your locating arm bushings instead of the bags if you didn't slack the arms off and re-torque them after lowering,ran into that on a buddies truck a few years back

OP
OP
Dragonsteel

Dragonsteel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is the squeaking noise coming from the brackets or from the actual air bag when they are being loaded and unloaded?

What air pressure are you running in the bags?
Air is low enough that it can't be read on a tire gauge, maybe I need different air gauge for low pressure applications. Noise seems to be in the spring/airbag area.

OP
OP
Dragonsteel

Dragonsteel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Easy enough to isolate the noise,dig out a spray bomb of silicone lube and spray each bag individually with it.It could also be your locating arm bushings instead of the bags if you didn't slack the arms off and re-torque them after lowering,ran into that on a buddies truck a few years back
Only the front end of the four links were left untouched, the rears reinstalled in a Inez no-cut relocation brackets, but were tightened with a floor jack under the diff.
Maybe the lower end of the rear springs could use a rubber isolator too.

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What did you do to resolve it?
Turned the stereo up a couple clicks, lol. I didn’t do anything, eventually the springs settled and it doesn’t squeak anymore. Have everything ready for 4/6 drop currently so it’ll probably squeak again.

OP
OP
Dragonsteel

Dragonsteel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ordered some Energy Suspension coil spring isolators Part# 3.6110R. They are for a GM vehicle but the size looks like it will work.
Haven't installed them yet, but I dug my stock rear coil springs out and discovered that the upper coils have some rubber wraps on them.
So I pulled them off and will be transferring them to the lowered springs as I am still not sure that it's the lower contact point or the upper coils causing the
squeaking.

OP
OP
Dragonsteel

Dragonsteel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update: I pulled the rear coil springs out and slipped on the coil spring rubber sleeves and put the Energy suspension coil spring isolators on the bottom of the coil springs. Result is no more squeaking!! Not sure which one did the trick, maybe it was combo of both. I'm happy with the results and can enjoy the truck again.

rtorres51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you for the part number, I have noise also from rear springs. Hopefully it helps.

OP
OP
Dragonsteel

Dragonsteel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you for the part number, I have noise also from rear springs. Hopefully it helps.
Might be the upper coil springs more than the bottom of the spring. If you still have your stock springs, check and see if they have the rubber coil sleeves on them.
You might be able to install the sleeves by jacking the rear up and let the suspension hang unloaded. I would try that first as I am considering pulling the lower rubber isolators out as my truck seems to be bouncing more than it did without them.