Alarm upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darynm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am having the hardest time trying to find someone at Ram that will help lead me to upgrading the security system with a True alarm with shock and level sensors. Twice now I have had someone that tried to steal the Rim and Tires on my 2019 Limited truck. I have wheel locks and managed to get those off. Must be copies out there sadly. The dealer warns me that if I go outside the dealer my warranty will be voided. Including the extended warranty. However, the dealer has no option for me to get their alarm which would probably be no different than and aftermarket one. Does anyone have some knowledge on how to get to the right alarm for my truck?? So aggravating...

Joseph J OByrne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Present this to the dealer . It is illegal for them to void a warranty unless they can prove that some aftermarket part caused a particular failure.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson–Moss_Warranty_Act

That being said I put in a Compustar Alarm with a with a Drone and a Digital Tilt Sensor and Glass Sensor in my truck.

Bluesurf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I am having the hardest time trying to find someone at Ram that will help lead me to upgrading the security system with a True alarm with shock and level sensors. Twice now I have had someone that tried to steal the Rim and Tires on my 2019 Limited truck. I have wheel locks and managed to get those off. Must be copies out there sadly. The dealer warns me that if I go outside the dealer my warranty will be voided. Including the extended warranty. However, the dealer has no option for me to get their alarm which would probably be no different than and aftermarket one. Does anyone have some knowledge on how to get to the right alarm for my truck?? So aggravating...
Go over to your Best Buy Store. The Geek Squad Guys are highly trained on Compustar and Viper systems. Excellent alarms, keep it simple on an alarm less is more. They will make you happy.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

you can put a shock sensor/glass break unit in the truck>you wire the pos input to one of the door switches so when it goes off from a shock it will trigger the factory alarm system on the truck its like someone opening the door when the alarm is set >>open door alarm goes off so with this sensor its taken the sound or shock wave into the unit and outputting a pos signal wired to door switch and alarm will sound
good spot is on the steering column

Bluesurf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
You can upgrade it I bought the kit and will do it next week.
https://**************/community/th...e-factory-intrusion-alarm-system.13485/page-2

walter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Is this what you are looking for:

Cool thanks
I just ordered the stuff off amazon couldn't find a link to the videos site but was able to see what was needed. 1 relay 1 shock sensor 1 add a circuit fuse tap and a few feet of wire.

Bluesurf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Cool thanks
I just ordered the stuff off amazon couldn't find a link to the videos site but was able to see what was needed. 1 relay 1 shock sensor 1 add a circuit fuse tap and a few feet of wire.
Good luck on your installation.