Albertan - On order - 2022 RAM 2500 Big Horn Mega Cab Night Edition c/w Hemi 6.4. Need help/suggestions.

Big_Papa_R

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
This is just my opinion. Being in alberta as well strongly recommend staying away from air bags. They don't really hold up to our winters. Thuren and Carli are highly recommended... but you will lose cargo capacity. On my personal I went with bds 3 inch kit. Got it for about 2300 Canadian. Coils in the front spacer in the back. Nx2 shocks which was a drastic improvement for me over stock. Gets you a bit higher and saves some room for tires and a winch

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I agree about staying away from air suspension up here. No air works good at -40, though the Firestone Air Bags I had on a Chev many years ago stood up not bad for a couple of years but I did not run with much air in them in the winter. Long term however I doubt they would have and I know anyone that bought air on a Dodge pickup either got rid of the truck or swapped out the air suspension for conventional..

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
Being in alberta as well strongly recommend staying away from air bags.
I agree about staying away from air suspension up here.
I didn't say anything about air bags or air suspension. Just supplementing the rear coil spring with an air spring. I had the Timber Grove Air Spring Assist Mounts (ASAM) on my half-ton and they worked well in the winter time and it gets just as cold here...air them up as needed.

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
I am building my pw for the same thing I have taken my truck on a couple of trips it’s very comfortable while I don’t plan on beating my truck I don’t want to walk home lol because I live in Edmonton i find that some parts are very expensive what with exchange and shipping so I built my own stuff some things you just have to bite the bulllet

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I didn't say anything about air bags or air suspension. Just supplementing the rear coil spring with an air spring. I had the Timber Grove Air Spring Assist Mounts (ASAM) on my half-ton and they worked well in the winter time and it gets just as cold here...air them up as needed.
No, it really, really doesn't.

This is around noon after it warmed up quite a bit.

81Yxrnc.jpg

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
Ok.....