AlfaOBD alternatives?

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
App-car is really the only other alternative ... https://appcar-diagfca.com/en/

With that said Alfa is the way to go. It has more features and better support from everything I have seen.

Appcar looks pretty legit, and they have a pretty long list of stuff they say they can do on a 4th gen. They also say they support the cheap ELM327's, over the expensive OBDMX+. But they don't seem to have any sort of "try before you buy" option (I haven't looked to see if anyone has uploaded the executable *free*.)

Would like to confirm it works before I drop $ on it. Then again, still need the damn "security bypass" for my '18 first...

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Appcar looks pretty legit, and they have a pretty long list of stuff they say they can do on a 4th gen. They also say they support the cheap ELM327's, over the expensive OBDMX+. But they don't seem to have any sort of "try before you buy" option (I haven't looked to see if anyone has uploaded the executable *free*.)

Would like to confirm it works before I drop $ on it. Then again, still need the damn "security bypass" for my '18 first...

You are not going to find a hacked version, just buy it and try it. It's only $49, heck that's cheaper then going out to applebee's for dinner.