AlfaOBD - CLEAR FAULTS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SATX2020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I replaced the rear stop/tail/turn bulbs a few days ago, and I saw burn out bulb error messages. Those messages went away when I turned off auto lighting. I just replaced the fog lights with LED bulbs and getting messages about the turn signal bulbs being out again. All these bulbs are suppose to be canbus error free. Since the lights are actually working, can I clear these faults in AlfaOBD - will that take care of the annoying messages? I am just concerned that I may be opening a can of worms that will haunt me later down the road. Any inputs will be greatly appreciated...

joelmic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab 3.6L 4x4 20x9 Wheels
Engine
I just replaced the fog lights with LED bulbs

Yes you need to set those lights as LED in AlphaOBD, I had to do each set of lights separate as I replaced them with LED, whether canbus or not.

OP
OP
S

SATX2020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes you need to set those lights as LED in AlphaOBD, I had to do each set of lights separate as I replaced them with LED, whether canbus or not.
I should have mentioned that I have made those changes in AlphaOBD, but I still see those error message. So I was wondering if I clear faults would that make those error message go away. Again thank you for the response.