ALFAOBD DISABLE GLOBAL DOWN ON 2011 RAM 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJGOBLUE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.1
I've been looking for the sequence in alfa to turn global down off on my 2011. Any help would be great.

Matt Franklin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been looking for the sequence in alfa to turn global down off on my 2011. Any help would be great.
Not sure if you found your answer or not, but if you check out the video below, you can set all the settings the opposite, and it should turn off. I'm curious, why do you want to disable this option? I'm the opposite, I enabled it, but it doesn't seem to work reliably. It often takes 3 or 4 tries to get the windows down.

Big Daddy's House global Windows Down

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
I believe GLOBAL DOWN and or GLOBAL UP are CANBUS functions that are programmed into the systems as defaults in the case of an electrical fail safe you are not trapped in your vehicle

Daimlers have this function I have seen happen after a vehicle was flooded by the owner opening their car door in a flooded parking lot not knowing the water level was above their doors threshold.

This event triggered global down.

It wasn’t until the water was drained and upon restoring battery voltage and engaging the positive terminal clamp that global up was immediately triggered.

I imagine using a key fob controller can test the code and that by not working, consistent priorities are not being met for it’s activation.
IE countdown timer or system battery voltage.

The function was in all probability not intended for daily use because of unintentional safety issues.

Matt Franklin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I believe GLOBAL DOWN and or GLOBAL UP are CANBUS functions that are programmed into the systems as defaults in the case of an electrical fail safe you are not trapped in your vehicle

Daimlers have this function I have seen happen after a vehicle was flooded by the owner opening their car door in a flooded parking lot not knowing the water level was above their doors threshold.

This event triggered global down.

It wasn’t until the water was drained and upon restoring battery voltage and engaging the positive terminal clamp that global up was immediately triggered.

I imagine using a key fob controller can test the code and that by not working, consistent priorities are not being met for it’s activation.
IE countdown timer or system battery voltage.

The function was in all probability not intended for daily use because of unintentional safety issues.
Interesting. I really like being able to roll the windows down and let the hot air out while I make my way don form my office to the parking lot. I could remote start it and let the A/C do its thing, but that burns gas. This is free.