ALFAobd Errors - Lost spedo, 4x4, park assist, etc.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crakerjac

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Following... Does AlfaOBD have a 'save' configuration option to back up the existing config before making changes?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Following... Does AlfaOBD have a 'save' configuration option to back up the existing config before making changes?

No. Only thing you can save is a itemized list of your bcm settings so if something like this happens as long as you save your initial bcm settings you can compare the original to current settings and see if you can find what if anything was changed. There might be ways to clear the errors (besides using the check engine clear faults) by doing some steps of other known working changes, like I had mentioned previously that connecting to the abs and using the ecu initialization and clearing rolls could clear up one or more of his codes.

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Compare your original bcm upload with your truck at factory to a new upload done right now.

Compare and you will see the differences. You must have changed something on accident. Change everything back to factory.

This right here is why you always have your factory BCM config. Along with RF hub etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alfa kinda sorta leaves a trail. Not saying any of the below were the culprit, but it does kinda give you a way to get back.

From the body computer file he posted on Google:

Car configuration change: Radio Apps Present: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: Blindspot Mirror Present: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: Front Fog Lamp Dropout Enable: ' YES ' -> '0 '
Car configuration change: Dedicated DRL Lamps Open Circuit DTC Enable: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: Remote Start Present: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: Right Dedicated DRL Lamp Output Present: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: Left Dedicated DRL Lamps Output Present: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: DRL Lamp Location: ' NONE ' -> '3 '
Car configuration change: Side Mirror Repeaters used as side markers: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: Blind spot alert CSM: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: Blind spot alert CSM: ' YES ' -> '0 '

Car configuration change: Remote Start Present: ' YES ' -> '0 '

Car configuration change: Right Dedicated DRL Lamp Output Present: ' YES ' -> '0 '
Car configuration change: DRL Configuration: ' OPTIONAL DRL ' -> '0 '
Car configuration change: DRL Lamp Location: ' TURN SIGNAL DRL ' -> '0 '
Car configuration change: DRL Dropout Enabled: ' YES ' -> '0 '
Car configuration change: VTA Hood Ajar Monitoring: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: Side Mirror Repeaters used as side markers: ' YES ' -> '0 '
Car configuration change: DRL customer setting enable/disable: ' YES ' -> '0 '
Car configuration change: Dedicated DRL Lamps Open Circuit DTC Enable: ' YES ' -> '0 '

Car configuration change: Hood Ajar Switch Input Present: ' YES ' -> '0 '

Car configuration change: VTA Warning LED Output Present: ' YES ' -> '0 '
Car configuration change: VTA Hood Ajar Monitoring: ' YES ' -> '0 '
Car configuration change: VTA Hood Ajar Monitoring: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: VTA Warning LED Output Present: ' NO ' -> '1 '

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
So is Yes = 1 and No = 0? When it shows a setting as ' NO ' -> '1 ', does that mean the setting was changed from 'NO' to 'YES' ?

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So is Yes = 1 and No = 0? When it shows a setting as ' NO ' -> '1 ', does that mean the setting was changed from 'NO' to 'YES' ?

That is my understanding. Like how he turned on blind spot mirrors, then on and the off the blind spot alert CSM.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
This is a shot in the dark but have you tried removing the OBD dongle? If not remove it. With all the weird errors it seems like something is not right with the vehicle bus. Disconnect the negative battery cables from both batteries and jump the negative cable on the main battery (drivers side) to to the positive. This will discharge any of the capacitors keeping things alive between starts. Then reconnect the both negative cable and see if this clears it.

OP
OP
J

jbaflyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Ok, first thank you all. Appreciate the input. I checked my batteries, 2.5 years old, tossed in some new ones since I disconnected. The truck sat for three hours. Reconnected batteries, also reconnected dongle. Went back and carefully checked everything and corrected the DRLs. Went through the codes and eliminated them, and everything works. =-D Learned my lesson the hard way. Thank you again all.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Ok, first thank you all. Appreciate the input. I checked my batteries, 2.5 years old, tossed in some new ones since I disconnected. The truck sat for three hours. Reconnected batteries, also reconnected dongle. Went back and carefully checked everything and corrected the DRLs. Went through the codes and eliminated them, and everything works. =-D Learned my lesson the hard way. Thank you again all.

Glad you got everything figured out

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Sometimes a good old complete reboot is what is needed. Changing the settings with these finicky electrical trucks anything can happen. Just remember. Draining all power in the truck is the best way cause it’s a computer. Make it reboot to all defaults.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Awesome! Glad to hear you are back up and running. Ramforum comes through again for a fellow RAM owner.