Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
New video up! I am sorry that this wasn't the very first one I did.... Cuz it should have been.
Don't hit the thanks button hit the Forgiveness button!
Another outstanding video but at about the 4:35 minute mark you mention that the MX+ only works with Apple (iOS), that's not entirely true. MX+ works with both iOS and Android. The benefits of going with the MX+ aside from working with iOS is it's supposed to be slightly faster than the MX version and it comes with advanced diagnostic. There is no advantage of using the MX+ with AlfaOBD.

OP
OP
big daddys house

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Another outstanding video but at about the 4:35 minute mark you mention that the MX+ only works with Apple (iOS), that's not entirely true. MX+ works with both iOS and Android. The benefits of going with the MX+ aside from working with iOS is it's supposed to be slightly faster than the MX version and it comes with advanced diagnostic. There is no advantage of using the MX+ with AlfaOBD.
That is what I was trying to get across. Did it not sound that way? Damn. I felt like I was clear..... Did it not make sense?

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
That is what I was trying to get across. Did it not sound that way? Damn. I felt like I was clear..... Did it not make sense?
I watched it again, you state that "the MX+ only works with Apple"
You should have said something along the lines that the MX+ will work with Apple products but AlfaOBD is not available for Apple.

OP
OP
big daddys house

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I added your comment from here to my comments section on YouTube.
Thanks for catching that.

tnctx02

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM SLT
Engine
3.6L Pentastar V6
Thanks so much for these. I am another visual learner! Just installed AlphOBD on my phone.
Had already ordered the MX+ for use with my other software so that is what I will be using.

OP
OP
big daddys house

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks so much for these. I am another visual learner! Just installed AlphOBD on my phone.
Had already ordered the MX+ for use with my other software so that is what I will be using.
Awesome!!!
Once you dig deep in that AlfaOBD thread, you will be astounded on what this thing can do.
Happy Modding!

tnctx02

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM SLT
Engine
3.6L Pentastar V6
Pluugged in the MX+ and used AlphaOBD last night to correct the mileage and engine hours.
Then just to try it I set the global windows down. Everything worked perfectly.
Your videos make it so easy to use. Thanks so much for them!

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
@big daddys house -- well done! I enjoyed watching the first video -- you really are entertaining. Good stuff. Disclaimer, I am a Taser user, but I was still interested in what you started -- er improved -- here.

Good stuff!!

OP
OP
big daddys house

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@big daddys house -- well done! I enjoyed watching the first video -- you really are entertaining. Good stuff. Disclaimer, I am a Taser user, but I was still interested in what you started -- er improved -- here.

Good stuff!!
Taser huh.... I've heard a few good things about that. You got a link of where you gather your information on that unit?
thanks for the compliment.

tnctx02

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM SLT
Engine
3.6L Pentastar V6
Do you guys prefer AlphaOBD on laptop, tablet or phone? I just purchased a 2019 classic and am leaning toward the laptop.

I love it on my Moto Z4 Android phone. Real easy to use after watch the Big Daddy's House videos.

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you guys prefer AlphaOBD on laptop, tablet or phone? I just purchased a 2019 classic and am leaning toward the laptop.

Neither at moment because it doesn't work. Just crashes my truck. Prefer my hypertech speed tool which actually works

Last edited:

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for vids. Your log upload video actually worked. The original instructions linked on other link didn't work as I didn't see it tell you to go to body computer first before. So I kept getting blank logs

OP
OP
big daddys house

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for vids. Your log upload video actually worked. The original instructions linked on other link didn't work as I didn't see it tell you to go to body computer first before. So I kept getting blank logs
Glad I could help you get t it to work.
Alfaobd is an awesome tool but can be frustrating at times.....

Kalill Nieto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Help please. I just install my premium speedmeter and I try everything to get the Parking Light Out message. I dont find any Parking Led with obd. I just find tail lights. What I am missing? Thanks673dad059e4a08e1db1d6d4e4a18ceb4.jpg

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Help please. I just install my premium speedmeter and I try everything to get the Parking Light Out message. I dont find any Parking Led with obd. I just find tail lights. What I am missing? Thanks673dad059e4a08e1db1d6d4e4a18ceb4.jpg
Yes, the premium cluster is more sensitive to light out messages due to LEDs than the basic cluster. I’ll PM you to see what you got going on, so not to clutter the video thread.

OP
OP
big daddys house

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, the premium cluster is more sensitive to light out messages due to LEDs than the basic cluster. I’ll PM you to see what you got going on, so not to clutter the video thread.
Thanks Jimmy07.

OP
OP
big daddys house

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sooooooo, Happy Thanksgiving to those of us in America and Happy Thursday to everyone else! Lol
This last month I've be building a website on my off time and want to get your opinion on it thus far. It's only about 25% complete but I would like feedback. Brutal honesty is encouraged. [emoji6]
http://bigdaddyshouse.epizy.com/