Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rdsutton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Bid Daddy will Alfa OBD allow audio, radio control adjustment, speaker fade?
Looks like the option is there on the dealer side?

REAR SPEAKER ENABLE AM, FM, MP3 Radio - RH3
ProMaster vans equipped with the RH3 radio are shipped from the factory with the fader control set to full front as the vehicle does not come equipped with rear speakers. If the fade is set to the rear with no rear speakers connected, little to no sound would be heard. If rear speakers are added, simply shift the fade setting more towards the rear until the desired front/rear bias is achieved.
AM, FM, CD, UConnect, Blue Tooth Radio - RA2
ProMaster vans equipped with the RA2 radio are shipped from the factory with the rear speakers turned off as the vehicle does not come equipped with rear speakers. If the speakers were turned on with no speakers connected, diagnostic routines in the radio would set rear speaker faults. If rear speakers are added, the speakers must be turned on by the dealer. This is done by adding ACTIVATE REAR SPEAKERS sales code (5SW) to the VIN as a dealer installed option and then reconfiguring the vehicle. Sales code 5SW is not available from the factory. This is a dealer installed option only.
NOTE: To eliminate the setting of fault codes, rear speakers should only be enabled AFTER the rear speakers have been installed and electrically connected to the radio.
NOTE: Thisservicecallwillnotbecoveredunderwarranty.Dealerchargesmayapply.
After the speakers are installed, the dealer will add sales code 5SW to the vehicle using the VEHICLE OPTION UPDATES page in DEALERCONNECT. A link to the page can be found in the WARRANTY ADMINISTRATION pane under the SERVICE tab.
Once the sales code has been added, the vehicle must be reconfigured. The next two steps must be completed in order.

First reconfigure the BCM by using the RESTORE BCM PROXI CONFIGURATION routine in WiTech. This routine can be found under the VEHICLE PREPERATIONS tab in the VEHICLE VIEW.
Second, update radio configurations from the BCM. Do this by using the PROXI ALIGNMENT PROCEDURE routine in WiTech. This routine can also be found under the VEHICLE PREPERATIONS tab in the VEHICLE VIEW.

After the vehicle has been reconfigured, a hard reset of the BCM should be performed and all fault codes that may have been set during the process should be cleared.
The speaker fade control will now be visible in the audio control menu of the radio and the rear speakers will now function.
Speaker Installation
For speaker installation and specifications, see the See “UPFITTERS RADIO CONNECTOR” document under the “ELECTRICAL/WIRING INFORMATION” heading in the Body Builder’s Guide.

Thanks Dave

OP
OP
big daddys house

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP
OP
big daddys house

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bid Daddy will Alfa OBD allow audio, radio control adjustment, speaker fade?
Looks like the option is there on the dealer side?

REAR SPEAKER ENABLE AM, FM, MP3 Radio - RH3
ProMaster vans equipped with the RH3 radio are shipped from the factory with the fader control set to full front as the vehicle does not come equipped with rear speakers. If the fade is set to the rear with no rear speakers connected, little to no sound would be heard. If rear speakers are added, simply shift the fade setting more towards the rear until the desired front/rear bias is achieved.
AM, FM, CD, UConnect, Blue Tooth Radio - RA2
ProMaster vans equipped with the RA2 radio are shipped from the factory with the rear speakers turned off as the vehicle does not come equipped with rear speakers. If the speakers were turned on with no speakers connected, diagnostic routines in the radio would set rear speaker faults. If rear speakers are added, the speakers must be turned on by the dealer. This is done by adding ACTIVATE REAR SPEAKERS sales code (5SW) to the VIN as a dealer installed option and then reconfiguring the vehicle. Sales code 5SW is not available from the factory. This is a dealer installed option only.
NOTE: To eliminate the setting of fault codes, rear speakers should only be enabled AFTER the rear speakers have been installed and electrically connected to the radio.
NOTE: Thisservicecallwillnotbecoveredunderwarranty.Dealerchargesmayapply.
After the speakers are installed, the dealer will add sales code 5SW to the vehicle using the VEHICLE OPTION UPDATES page in DEALERCONNECT. A link to the page can be found in the WARRANTY ADMINISTRATION pane under the SERVICE tab.
Once the sales code has been added, the vehicle must be reconfigured. The next two steps must be completed in order.

First reconfigure the BCM by using the RESTORE BCM PROXI CONFIGURATION routine in WiTech. This routine can be found under the VEHICLE PREPERATIONS tab in the VEHICLE VIEW.
Second, update radio configurations from the BCM. Do this by using the PROXI ALIGNMENT PROCEDURE routine in WiTech. This routine can also be found under the VEHICLE PREPERATIONS tab in the VEHICLE VIEW.

After the vehicle has been reconfigured, a hard reset of the BCM should be performed and all fault codes that may have been set during the process should be cleared.
The speaker fade control will now be visible in the audio control menu of the radio and the rear speakers will now function.
Speaker Installation
For speaker installation and specifications, see the See “UPFITTERS RADIO CONNECTOR” document under the “ELECTRICAL/WIRING INFORMATION” heading in the Body Builder’s Guide.

Thanks Dave
I've never mess with any Uconnect radio functions because I replaced my stereo with the Tesla style radio 30 days after I bought my truck. but I will reach out to some highly intelligent individuals and see if we can help you solve your problem brother.
@Mpgrimm2 @Ricks Ram @Jimmy07 @1500ram12 @crash68 @SitKneelBend
And that was in no particular order gentleman lol....

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Anonymous007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, I started making these step by step videos for us visual learners, like myself. I never intended to make my own thread on it.....However, @Lawsuit11 and a few others thought it would be a good idea to have all my tutorials in one spot, for ease of access for newbies.

I have a few stipulations that I would like all who visit this thread to adhere to.....Why? Because @Ghost_RAM has taken the time and energy to keep the real AlfaOBD thread up to date. NONE of what you are about to see would even be possible without him and the extremely knowledgeable people in that thread.
https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd.123982/
This is designed to be an extension of the original thread linked above for newbies.

With that being said, stipulations are:
No help questions should be asked in this thread. Please refer to the link above with your question.
If any help questions are asked, the question should be answered by another member, by placing the link above. (EVERY TIME)

OK, OK, OK Adam, we get it. We won't disrespect the original thread by asking our questions here.

But can we quote a post or comment? YES of course. Chat away. That is what this Forum is all about. Just ask any AlfaOBD related questions by using the link above.
FYI, all my videos are made 100% by me, from start to finish. I hope that they are helpful and fun to watch.

My videos will be linked below and I will update this thread as I create new ones. (With moderator permission)
Thank you for tolerating my long winded speech.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdCjicTh12KSFdkr5IITlDbiHvFWAogXP

Thanks for the videos, very entertaining. Watching a bunch of them now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
big daddys house

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the videos, very entertaining. Watching a bunch of them now

Thanks for your support brother.
if you have any questions ask them on the channel. that way I know what video you're talking about. [emoji106]

Anonymous007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for your support brother.
if you have any questions ask them on the channel. that way I know what video you're talking about. [emoji106]

Sounds good. I actually just left you a comment asking a question on the plastidip video [emoji16]

OP
OP
big daddys house

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So with huge thanks to CUnit1981@YouTube or @Hemi395 in this forum, I had 100% success turning off MDS with a Diablo T1000 tuner. Here's a short video of how this was accomplished. Thank you for your help sir!
AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!

Last edited:

RodeoRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you, Big Daddy. I watched your setting mileage/hours video last night while programming my new-to-me 7" EVIC. Lots of hitting pause on my phone while making the Alfa changes on my tablet. Worked great!

OP
OP
big daddys house

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you, Big Daddy. I watched your setting mileage/hours video last night while programming my new-to-me 7" EVIC. Lots of hitting pause on my phone while making the Alfa changes on my tablet. Worked great!
You're welcome sir.
I Love it when a plan comes together!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
0ab6f2be48d32ac4c2df437b8d5451ad.jpg

OP
OP
big daddys house

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is a special video for me, father son bonding over the best American pastime. American muscle at his best.....

OP
OP
big daddys house

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
on alfaobd what does mean dedicated in location lamp?
I drive 18 3500 laramie
Sorry Stefan, I was on vacation.
I see @Jimmy07 already answered this for you in the alfaOBD thread.
https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd.123982/page-1181#post-2328544
which is where I would have sent you anyways because that's the main threat for questions.
I never wanted to impede or take away from that thread because so much work was put into it. this was really a spot for newbies to view my step by step videos if they haven't seen them.
Glad it got all worked out though brother!

Jaerow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve watched your video on how to change the odometer and engine hours, but my evic hasn’t made the changes for the engine hours. I follow the instructions but get stuck on
“Started please wait.” I’ve given the truck some time in betweeen trying but I’m currently sitting on it for the past 15 mins and still haven’t got a error message.

OP
OP
big daddys house

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve watched your video on how to change the odometer and engine hours, but my evic hasn’t made the changes for the engine hours. I follow the instructions but get stuck on
“Started please wait.” I’ve given the truck some time in betweeen trying but I’m currently sitting on it for the past 15 mins and still haven’t got a error message.
Jaerow, sorry for the way late reply!
Did you ever get it?
it's kind of a known issue that some Android devices are just not fast enough to make the change.
Did you try asking this question in the alfaobd form?
https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd.123982/page-1181#post-2328544

rixter99

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 SRW
Engine
Cummins i6.7
Thank you for making these videos...I'm new to 'RAM World' w/a 2014 3500HD 4X4 SLT LB SRW Ranch Hand Front/Rear bumpers...I have made the following changes - Alarm Enabled; Global Windows Down; Fogs as DRL; Fogs on w/Hi beams; programmed 2 Fobiks...Waiting on some LED Bulbs to replace exterior/interior bulbs...Keep those videos coming...