Alfaobd help aux switches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recently installed an aux panel onto my ram 13' 1500 but now my traction control and tow haul do not work and I'm looking on what features do I enable to turn on the aux switches and fix my traction control and tow haul, I looked for aux switches in car configuration and didn't find anything

joelmic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab 3.6L 4x4 20x9 Wheels
Engine
I recently installed an aux panel onto my ram 13' 1500 but now my traction control and tow haul do not work and I'm looking on what features do I enable to turn on the aux switches and fix my traction control and tow haul, I looked for aux switches in car configuration and didn't find anything
Where did you buy it from?

OP
OP
Harleymotorcycle
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

DodgeV10

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500 4X4
Engine
5.7 V8
Close to the same thing happened to me. I didn't have the aux switches in my truck when I first got it. I got a panel with the same controls only with the aux switches added. Put in the aux wiring. Did the AlfaOBD. Got the commercial controls in the instrument cluster. The problem I started having was the aux 3, 4, and 5 buttons wouldn't work. 1 and 2 just fine. Checked everything. I was told when you do a switch, make sure you unplug the battery and wait about 10 mins before replacing any electronics.
Got another switch control with the aux off of eBay. Did the battery unplug. Put in the new switches. And that fixed everything.
I was also told that these switches are a hit and miss. Some may work fine. Some my half work. and some my not work at all.
My suggesting to you is put in the old switches and see if they work again. If they do, find and buy another switch control panel.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
^ What DodgeV10 said, most likely a bad switch. Throw the old one in and see if it works

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963