Alfaobd mileage setting, now problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wildfire1206

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I've been trying to program the odometer and hours into a 2017 longhorn evic on my 2018 2500 tradesman. I have the kaodtech bypass and obdlink mx+.

After many failed attempts, I'm now having problems with the truck in the run position and it won't even start. Radio will come on in the acc position but when it hits Run, it turns off and the interior lights go off. Try to start the truck and it clicks. Turn the key to off and the radio and lights come on for the last 30 seconds.

Tried unhooking the batteries for a while, and it does the same afterwards when they're hooked back up.

What should I look for now?

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Dead battery (or batteries). And charging may not fix them. Take them out and get them load tested

OP
OP
W

Wildfire1206

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I'll give them a charge and see if anything changes, thanks

Edit: A charge did the trick.

Last edited:

aimvee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been trying to program the odometer and hours into a 2017 longhorn evic on my 2018 2500 tradesman. I have the kaodtech bypass and obdlink mx+.

After many failed attempts, I'm now having problems with the truck in the run position and it won't even start. Radio will come on in the acc position but when it hits Run, it turns off and the interior lights go off. Try to start the truck and it clicks. Turn the key to off and the radio and lights come on for the last 30 seconds.

Tried unhooking the batteries for a while, and it does the same afterwards when they're hooked back up.

You need to be doing this change with a laptop.
I'm not sure how to tell you to fix it. Sorry

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Kroni

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I've got a 2018, OBDLINK MX+, security link, license, PC. I can't get it to connect. PC pairs with OBDLink and bluetooth turned of on IPhone. Just keep getting the failed to connect message. How did you get past this? Thanks