AlfaOBD need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Hey guys sorry, new guy here,

If someone could maybe help me,

I’m trying to program a new fob to my 2016 Ram got the key off amazon part number matched,

But when I try to program it I keep getting a error; (failed conditions not correct or request sequence error)

I have the PIN number and drive the 0000 but can’t seem to make it work?

Anyone else have this issue?

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is the ignition completely off? Cannot be in run or accessory to do this

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

Aarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Yes I have the truck turned off, followed the thread on here the “how to” and no luck

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Which type of fob is it? The push to start one or the one that needs to be inserted into the ignition?

Do you have a link to the one you bought on Amazon?

yomanne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is long after the fact, but I also have run into the exact same problem trying to program a new fob. Was there ever any resolution?

yomanne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I now have the answer to my question. Turns out you have to choose "Program Ignition FOBIKs Baseline System" instead of "Program Ignition FOBIKs". Then, it's just a matter of inserting the new key fob in the ignition, leaving it in the OFF position. Although I don't know if it's absolutely necessary someone said to turn on the emergency flashers, so I did. Then, after entering the four digit PIN and pressing START, it immediately programs the new fob.