Alfaobd Oops. No more Sirius xm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SlimChance

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I made a dumb mistake while playing with Alfa. I was in the radio setting, messed with some chit an lost my XM radio icon an also truck no longer picks up AM/FM stations. They did not instantly disappear, service was sketchy yesterday after my monkeying an bluetooth was acting up but this morning XM gone no AM/FM reception. Is there a way to fix this? 2016 Outdoorsman

tall70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Same here, i've read someone has same model year and transmission as me showing current gear number, but my year does not show the feature in alfaobd, i used newer year where it is included made the change it did NOT work and i started having same glitch, XM gone AM FM is there but not having any numbers and top presets changed from 6 to 4 in row, but that could be caused by icon missing so it re arranged button sizing maybe... need to note everything else is working normally except missing XM and not working AM FM which shows

So factory reset in engineering menu did got the FM and AM working again, but still no XM and later after truck restart it reverted back to broken state with no AM FM again

I did everything else i've heard of including things i did not hear about... I cleared Uconnect personal data, did the factory reset as stated above, unplugged battery and also you can reinstall Uconnect firmware even if it's the same version

Nothing except factory reset gets at least AM FM back, but it reverts back to broken later

My plan now is reflash BCM in dealership because it seems it reads some glitch from it after i screw with it with not recommended way, i never had single glitch until i used 16-17 settings on 2013 of course i did turn off that setting

If you have any update please let me know and i will post later my updates

tall70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Solved it ... my country of destination got kicked to Afghanistan setting (maybe because it was 1st on top not sure), so changing it back to US brought all back as it was before, AM FM XM ... Now there are 2 settings where country can be set, but the relevant was the one which i believe had the destination in name, or just set both to US

CamiKenRedRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Personally, I'd think losing Sirius would be a GOOD thing. Paying for radio?! It didn't make sense at the end of the 20th Century and still makes no sense.

zrock

Reaction score
Personally, I'd think losing Sirius would be a GOOD thing. Paying for radio?! It didn't make sense at the end of the 20th Century and still makes no sense.
Personally i don't think streaming music services are their just yet.. I have tried every one and have went back to sirius after 8 years of loosing it.. Found the streaming services could not base good recommendation based on my current playlists, could not really DL streaming radio for offline listening, And found the sound quality/level was greatly reduced over Bluetooth. Only thing i hate about having sat in the ram is you cannot rewind a hour for when you enter dead zones. Ever since they switched satellites 10 plus year ago the service in my area sucks.. Only reason i have it is im only paying $5 per month other wise i would still be suffering with streaming

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
about 2 or 3 years ago, Sirius started cutting out when in the vicinity of a T Mobile Cell Tower, there are several in my valley town.

Now that 3G has been dropped & 5G has a very short range, it takes twice as many cell towers as it did before

So my Sirius cuts out on many more streets than before in my valley.

I dropped Sirius last January
They finally sent me a letter, saying that i could get two years for $5 a month & that i can cancel at any time.

At this time, my longest drive, is my trip from my apartment to the hospital, a distance of maybe 5 miles, that is how long it takes to listen to 3 songs per trip. So i won't get Sirius yet

Luniac21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Solved it ... my country of destination got kicked to Afghanistan setting (maybe because it was 1st on top not sure), so changing it back to US brought all back as it was before, AM FM XM ... Now there are 2 settings where country can be set, but the relevant was the one which i believe had the destination in name, or just set both to US
Can you tell me how you changed the country settings? TIA