AlfaOBD or AEV ProCal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moonshinexxx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Hey Guys,

I've got a set of Falken Wildpeak 37's ready to install on my 2016 MC 6.4, just milking a couple thousand more miles out of the stock tires. In the interim I want to get everything I'll need to adjust the TPMS threshold (new tires are 65psi vs. 80psi) and tire size. At the moment that's all I think I'll need to adjust, so should I go with the AlfaOBD or the AEV ProCal?

Thanks in advance for the input!

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From the AEV website

Please note: A visit to your local Ram Dealership and use of the WiTech diagnostic tool is required to complete this procedure. Although your TPMS screen will show the new values, it will not “take” and stop blinking until your dealership completes the process.

OP
OP
moonshinexxx

moonshinexxx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
From the AEV website

Please note: A visit to your local Ram Dealership and use of the WiTech diagnostic tool is required to complete this procedure. Although your TPMS screen will show the new values, it will not “take” and stop blinking until your dealership completes the process.

I forgot about this step... My question has been answered! AlfaOBD and scan tool are getting ordered ASAP!

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You’ll like it the more you use it. Another good thing is that it’s not “married” to any one vehicle, you can use it on your truck, then a buddies Jeep and your wife’s challenger. I used mine last night to look/clear a check engine light on my wife’s 2014 charger, she was like dang that’s pretty cool.

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
I followed the steps of AlfaOPB 100 times and it still hasn't removed my TPMS.

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
5.9L Magnum and 5.7L hemi
ya the AEV is a one vehicle use, wish I would have known that before I bought it

allenmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I am also looking at the alphaobd
Would i have to have the pin from the dealer to make any changes?
If so is this pin# easy to get?
How did y'all that have it get it
Thanks

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I am also looking at the alphaobd
Would i have to have the pin from the dealer to make any changes?
If so is this pin# easy to get?
How did y'all that have it get it
Thanks

You only need the pin if you have to reset the rf hub or adding a key. Some dealers will put up a fight or charge you for it. If they want more than $15 then walk away. There is a app called Chrysler pin puller that can get you your pin for $15. Many have used this to get it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

allenmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
You only need the pin if you have to reset the rf hub or adding a key. Some dealers will put up a fight or charge you for it. If they want more than $15 then walk away. There is a app called Chrysler pin puller that can get you your pin for $15. Many have used this to get it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Awesome i think I'll be ordering the alphaobd soon
So i don't need the pin to make my mirror turn signals or puddle lamps work
Thanks again

allenmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I just got my stuff and reset the tpms with the alphaobd and it worked flawlessly on a 2017 2500 tradesman

allenmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Excellent, theres several other things you can do with it, great tool

I agree it was flawless
I am looking forward to using it to make several changes
It is awesome not to have to look aft that darn tire light though and with 35" tires the max is 65#
So the tool pretty much paid for itself with one upgrade lol

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Its kinda cool being able to take control of your trucks programming and do things the dealer says cannot be done. Its even a great tool for just reading/clearing fault codes too if you ever get any. My wife got a check engine light on her 2014 Charger couple weeks ago, I grabbed my tablet, plugged in the obdmx and connected, wrote down the code and cleared it. My wife said hey that’s cool, I told her hell yes....see the things I buy aren’t a waste of money lol

Last edited:

adboyd06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 6.7
Go the parts department at your local dealer (not sales, not service), politely ask for your four digit pin and hand the adviser your drivers license and registration. Their only requirement is you must show proof of ownership. They will look it up and print it out for you on a piece of paper. Three minute, zero dollar transaction.

Reactions: JB1

allenmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I got the pin free from my dealer
So far i have lowered my tpms threshold
Activated my mirror turn signals and puddle lights. My truck came with sport mirrors i added tow mirror but never paid to have the turn signal and puddle light activated
And still checking ot other stuff i might upgrade in the future
The app and obd port work flawless
No codes and every change i have made has been done in just a few minutes and works great
Already paid for itself

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio