AlfaOBD Support For 06~12 Rams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

icemanch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I recently replaced the OEM dual halogen headlights in my 2011 SLT with OEM quads. I had previously purchased AlfaOBD and was using an ELM327 compatible VEEPEAK BT module for for troubleshooting and diagnosis that I use on my BMW but I was getting a write error when attempting to code the BCM for the quads. Turns out the VEEPEAK has a communication issue and will only read data and is not able to write to the BCM. After buying the OBDLink MX+ is was able to get the quads coded to the truck. Still cheaper than a drive (and the hassle) of taking it to the dealer.
Lesson learned, follow the advice and lessons from others here on the forum. Don't cheap out! Thanks to everyone here for all their knowledge and experience!
Maybe it'***** or miss. My veepeak works great to write data.

JeffK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi Everyone, just got done reading all 49 pages of this thread with some really helpful info. I plan on getting the sofware and module to make some light changes. One thing I don't see mentioned is anything with the check engine light. Is any changes with this possible? I have a custom tune with a texas speed cam with cam phaser lockout and mds delete. I've been getting a CEL and code was for cam phaser error or something along those lines. Anyway to tell it to ignore things like that? I didn't tune the truck so maybe a tuner could turn that off as well? Thanks!!

icemanch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Nope can't be done with Alfa. You can basically only do things a dealer could do.

I would think you'd have better luck with the HP Tuner as I think it can change the limits of when certain codes are triggered. I don't have one but, I've been reading on them and how they are used.

calidavidg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have a 2011 ram 1500, I did a steering wheel swap and now none of the buttons work or the horn.. I hear alfaobd could help with this so I bought Alfaobd but not sure what the procedure is..has anyone been able to figure this out?

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have a 2011 ram 1500, I did a steering wheel swap and now none of the buttons work or the horn.. I hear alfaobd could help with this so I bought Alfaobd but not sure what the procedure is..has anyone been able to figure this out?
Likely damaged the internal wiring harness or it came damaged. It is a VERY fragile harness. It can be purchased but I don't recall the part number. It comes in with or without rear audio controls.

calidavidg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I double and triple checked the wiring harness and everything looks fine..but thx for the input. I also heard it could be the clock spring so I'm looking into that

carlos1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I asked this question on hte original forum before I found out about this forum. I have a 2008 Charger and Alfaobd connect fine and I have been able to change a few things but I get a message saying failed invalid security key when I try to change the radio boot screen.

I originally had a RER mygig but upgraded it to a RHR Mygig, but it came from a Chrysler. The boot screen is stuck on Chrysler.
I connect to the Radio module and with in is an option called navigation settings within that is an other srop down that has the option boot screen setting, change it to dodge , hit start and automatically get failed. invalid security key.

carlos1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Enable Performance pages and premium TPM on 2008 Dodge Charger with EVIC but should work on other veichles with an EVIC.
Select Body computer - car configuration - Vehicle config 1: special marketing package, here you will find 4 options, SP1, SP2, Sp3 and none. Mine was set to none, I changed it to SP3 and now when I hit the pages button on my steering wheel a few times I get a performance features.

The TPM premium feature lets you see the individual tire pressure for each tire, this feature can be found when you hit the pages button until you see the System OK, then use your up down to get to the screen that shows the car with four numbers around it.

Inorder to enable, under car configuration look for TPM Premium and then choose SET. For me I got an error something about changes could not be made under current session but I just closed Alfaobd and rebooted it and the it let me make the change.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a custom tune with a texas speed cam with cam phaser lockout and mds delete.

You need HP tuners for that. But that would just mask the underlaying issue.

What did your tuner say after you sent him your start-up tune log file ?

Greygg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello All,

I have a 2011 1500

I just got an OBDLink MX+ and bought the AlfaOBD app

I believe I was able to download the required back up files

There is a TIPM_CGW_Info.log in my google Drive

2 questions

1) Is this the correct file? Most of the info says it should be called BODY_CHRYSTLER_Info.log

2) If something happened and I needed to use this back up how exactly would I do that?