Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AlfaOBD

Discussion in '4th Gen DIY' started by Ghost_RAM, Jul 30, 2018.

1. crash68

crash68 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    3.0 EcoDiesel
    Read through this post, it will walk you through what to look for and what you'll need: https://www.ramforum.com/threads/what-kind-of-headlights-do-i-have.170404/

2. Stelios

Stelios Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi
    Anyone know if you can use Alfaobd to make the gauges do the flick on start up? Idk exactly what its called but Challengers, Chargers, and Grand Cherokee's gauge needles swing all the way over and back on start up and it looks pretty modern imo

3. 1500ram12

1500ram12 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.4L Hemi
    So I just looked them up and there is definitely no external drl wire. It appears from the pictures that it has a little extension on the high/low connector. If yours came with on I'd use that to make a dedicated drl harness out of. I'd definitely recommend using diodes on the parking light feed to prevent back feed. Here's a layout. (Not location specific for park lights)

[​IMG]

2018 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman
    1990 5.9L 12v Cummins W250

4. GWR Ram

GWR Ram Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.7 Diesel
    did you splice into the cargo cam wires on the back plug of the 8.4 uconnect? I installed in 21 and 22 and they did not work even after I activated front camera in alphaobd. I put the front camera wires in 31 and 32 and front camera started to work. So I put rev cam back in 31 and 32 and now it doesn't work and have a blue screen saying Camera System Unavailable.

Any ideas?

I have a 2018 Ram 3500 Mega Cab 6.7 diesel

5. SBelt

SBelt Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.7L Diesel
    I'm looking at getting alfaOBD and MX+. However, before I do I'd like to understand what this can do in a little more detail. Is there a link that someone can post to a list of all the configuration changes that AlfaOBD can do? I'm sure it's somewhere in the 1292 pages in this thread, but that's a lot of reading...

Thanks in advance.

6. Jbyron

Jbyron Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    This list? https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cOPRgM7z957XJTg16NSjozfXNbrHdjkRQzCs2t0HYRc/mobilebasic

likes2build likes this.
  7. likes2build

likes2build Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2018 Express RCSB
    Engine:
    3.6 Pentastar
    Yes, post #1 of this thread for a s starter. Yes all of this is a lot of reading that's why its best to use the search function for this thread if you can't put in the time to read , its a really excellent tool. Pretty much there are only a few things you can't do with AlfaOBD but the possibilities of what you can do are almost endless and honestly more than the dealer can do. Think of anything you want to do and use the search function. Read that post number one like a half a dozen times and follow the #1 rule, backup your BCM before you do anything and only make one change at a time. Many people have asked if you can use an OBD adapter other than the OBD MX and while some people will say yes most found out in the end that the answer is no. The developer recommends that adapter and it works the best.

8. T_Unit114

T_Unit114 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    *Insert crazy conspiracy theories here*

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

9. WVRam68

WVRam68 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Well its operating system is apple.

That work as a theory?

2015 Ram 2500 Tradesman 4x4
    Extang Full tilt tonneau
    Nitro Ridge Grappler LT295/70R18 on Mayhem rims.
    Added aux switches
    KC LED SPOTS and FLOODS
    MORIMOTO LED head and tail lites

10. No Tyme

No Tyme Senior Member Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi
    We have Victory... I now have running lights and turn signals on my Boost power folding tow mirrors. It took some doing but I cannot say enough about Jimmy at Dude's Diesel. Jimmy and I communicated here on messenger late in the evenings & weekends; even on Sunday. We had some phone communications and sent text messages back and fourth and he would just not give up.
    My first try did not work out and he sent me a replacement harness. I must say that I am older than most of you on this board and in the middle of looking for our retirement home and prepping our current home for sale. Jimmy knew we were traveling soon to Florida to look for a place to escape the 6 months of winter that I feel we get here in Michigan. It hurts to see my Harley sit with a battery tender in the shop and collect dust.
    My first attempt I was following the directions in the PDF file but the second try I was in a rush and had too many things on my mind and believe I was using the wrong set of wires which was keeping me from success. I was reminded this by the wife telling me about the new curse words I was spouting, LOL.
    But today I was able to complete this mod and owe Jimmy a huge THANK YOU. I haven't seen customer service like this in a very long time and want to go on record saying that I 110% endorse the wiring harness from Dude's Diesel.
    The commitment to customer satisfaction is tremendous.