Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AlfaOBD

Discussion in '4th Gen DIY' started by Ghost_RAM, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Caterpillar

Caterpillar Member

Ram Year:
    Rebel 2016
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Bonjour à tous, l'outil alfa est très bon, je l'ai depuis quelques temps et j'ai programmé:

Phares antibrouillard avec feux de route
    Tpms
    DRL dans les clignotants
    VTA
    Réglez la suspension pneumatique un peu plus haut (3/4 cm)

Très bien travaillé

La seule a choisi que je n'ai pas réussi est de faire les clés fob: l'application s'exécute sans s'arrêter pendant très longtemps, au bout d'un moment c'est moi qui l'arrête. J'ai une photo de la clé

[url = https: //servimg.com/view/16606222/408] https://i78.servimg.com/u/f78/16/60/62/22/20210410.jpg [/ img] [ / url]

Merci pour ce que vous avez travaillé sur ce post

2. SitKneelBend

SitKneelBend Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    3.6 Pentastar

Translated using https://translate.yandex.com/

"Hello everyone, the alfa tool is very good, I have it for some time and have programmed:

Fog lamps with high beam
    Tpms
    DRL in turn signals
    VTA
    Adjust the air suspension a little higher (3/4 cm)

Very well worked

The only one chose that I did not succeed is to make the keys fob: the application runs without stopping for a very long time, after a while it is me who stops it. I have a picture of the key"

likes2build likes this.
  3. FWB-Gator

FWB-Gator Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    My son has a 2016 Ram 1500 Tradesman. He doesn't have a Fob, just a regular metal key. Obviously, he doesn't have remote keyless entry either, which is what he'd like to add. This past Christmas, I went to the dealership to get the price for a Fob and the needed programming to get remote keyless for him as a gift. He does have power door locks by the way, so I didn't anticipate any problem (other than price). I was surprised when the dealership looked up his VIN and said it wasn't possible to add a fob to his truck. They said that option was "greyed out". I was disappointed but assumed they knew what they were talking about. But since reading through this thread, now I'm not so sure.

It appears (assuming there's not an issue I haven't uncovered yet), that I could buy a new fob, use Alfaobd to set BCM VehConfig 3 RKE system present to "yes", use the PIN to reset the RFH, and then use the pin to program the new fob.

Note: I already have Alfaobd and OBDLinkMx (for my 2016 Big Horn).

1) Is the process really as simple as what I just typed? Would that make the fob both work in the ignition and for remote keyless?
    2) Are there specific fobs you need to buy for this process to work? I couldn't tell if some can be programmed by Alfa and some required the dealership or a locksmith.
    3) Most important - is there a chance he doesn't have an RF Hub? Not sure any of these come without them, but wondered if maybe that's why the VIN indicated a fob wasn't possible? Is there a way to check this without removing the rear seat and digging my way back to where it would be? For example, is there a way to use Alfa to see what's actually there? I see on the configuration file for my Big Horn for example that RFH is set to "enabled". I'm not sure what his says yet, but wondered if "disabled" would mean he doesn't have one, or perhaps that's another setting that would need to be changed?

Appreciate any thoughts.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  4. Onefastduc

Onefastduc Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    Hey All,

I just wanted let everyone know that the wifi Veepeak VP01 works with AlfaOBD for PC. At the Start tab, you must click Advanced Mode and change the interface type to ELM327 WLAN before clicking the Connect button. It allowed me to enable my freshly installed Brake Controller. Thumbs up!!

Duc

SitKneelBend likes this.
  5. Cesar592

Cesar592 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    3.6 pentastar
    hey, how have I been, guys, I don't visit this place a lot but I have a problem, someone has had the problem of not being able to correct the mileage to a cluster of a classic ram 1500 because I have that problem and I could correct the engine and engine hours but in the miles just blinks and says completed and nothing changes

6. Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2 Senior Member Preferred Vendor Military

Ram Year:
    2019 Laramie QC (5th Gen)
    Engine:
    5.7L eTorque
    FWB-Gator likes this.
  7. Tom Ram 2020

Tom Ram 2020 Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7L
    I have a 1500 2020 Ram, Would I need the bypass harness?

8. crash68

crash68 ACME product engineer

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    3.0 EcoDiesel
    yes, 2018 and newer model year trucks need the security gateway bypass

Tom Ram 2020 likes this.
  9. Kenepo17ram

Kenepo17ram Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    I installed oem brake controller, i can press - or + and it will show on the cluster, i can pres manual breaking and you can see bar go to 100% but on the cluster as you can see still displaying trailer braker not connected[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

10. Shugarrckbx

Shugarrckbx Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    Do you have a trailer hooked up?