AlfaOBD

ScrappyDogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you set your LEDs in alphaobd, will it hurt to leave resistors on too? I've done both and still got parking brake out error..

Bigdaddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 3500
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
I have 33 us gal. mine shows 125.0000 liters

You do need bypass. I'm using Zautomotive SGB module
https://www.zautomotive.com/product/z_sgw/

They also sell cable, but it's pain to install it, for few dollars cheaper.

You also need something like OBDLink. I'm using OBDLinkMX+
Okay, where did you get your OBDLinkMX+ from, Amazon also do it matter if I have a 2018 3500 is it one size fit all?

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Okay, where did you get your OBDLinkMX+ from, Amazon also do it matter if I have a 2018 3500 is it one size fit all?

I purchased it directly from them, from their web site. It was $10 cheaper than Amazon, But took longer.

There many different 'Brands' but from search forums here and other site. obdlink seemed to most reliable.

OBD-II port is standard, so it will work with any vehicle with OBD-II, Old ones used OBD-I

ScrappyDogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've got 2014 ram. I've got 1 resistor on each tailight. I have also set my setting in alphaobd and I am still getting parking light out error. Do I need more resistors or should I just take the 2 off since I updated to led in alphaobd? I didn't think it would matter but I can't get rid of this error code..

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I've got 2014 ram. I've got 1 resistor on each tailight. I have also set my setting in alphaobd and I am still getting parking light out error. Do I need more resistors or should I just take the 2 off since I updated to led in alphaobd? I didn't think it would matter but I can't get rid of this error code..

No clue. But I did see video of someone saying they took out the resistors afterwards.
Can't make it worse if you are getting error code.

Higgy187

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
that’s not entirely true we have successively changed it with Alpha mini times there is a serious issue though if you only have one chance to change it and then it stays permanently after that
I just need to know how to change it back on a stock 5th gen that alfaobd was used to change to a value not knowing that the value was metric not imperial. Truck only does 65mph now.

tnctx02

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM SLT
Engine
3.6L Pentastar V6
I own a 2013 tradesman and am looking for a way to activate the keyless entry for it. Has anyone does this yet with AlfaOBD? Dealer says it is just a sales code they could add to activate it, so I decided to ask here first. Thanks in advance for any help

G-Ride990

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
TOTM Staff
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Remove the tail light resistors if you set your lights to LED in alfa. This same issue drove me insane for months until I did this. Everytime I hit the brakes I got a taillight out error until I removed the resistors.