AlfaOBD

az chip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
20CC959F-0A45-4B6E-9D77-B50395B68257.jpeg21FE8D45-FDB2-43F4-93E0-24C77F3C5EB1.jpeg
Anyone used the Vgate icar pro? Does it talk to android? Thanks!

Deanopper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
I switched out my small Uconnect screen for an 8.4"
now the climate control sliders bounce back to 22 degrees no matter where you slide them to.
and the up/down red and blue climate control buttons do not display on the screen. They still change the air, it just doesn't show it happening.

I understand some people have fixed this with Alpha,

Please explain how to do it.
I have a 2018 Dodge Journey AWD SXT

Thank you

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Having some trouble getting my heated / vented seats working. Harness is all installed but when I update in Alpha it’s still not working. Lights come on for a few seconds then back off. I have changed the following with no luck:

Ecu3-vented seats
Ecu3-heated seats

Memory - front vented seats

Any ideas on what to do or tips to make it stick? I wait a couple minutes after each one. Key is on “on” position.
It did that to me initially. I had one of the pins on the wrong socket

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
By that logic, they should charge for looking up parts too. Because that is the same amount of effort, probably more effort looking up parts. They get paid to be there for parts orders regardless of how many they sell. I consider this a shady dealer.

Sent from my Z2_PRO using Tapatalk
I agree with you
Understand both your positions and by that logic, we should get if from RAM as they created and possess it. The dealer is the gateway to provide it so therefore they are providing the service to retrieve it.
Most, if not all nowadays, are commissioned staff, sell nothing, make nothing. Someone's time, effort and energy are worth something to most.
i disagree. By providing us with a simple service as looking something up on a pc will guarantee the business to be called upon when needed by forming a trust between customer and service provider

Highway

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is there a way to do the ABS bleed using Alfaobd ?

HDFLTRider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I have a new TIPM from TIPM Rebuilders and they have been of little help. They want to rent me a device that they will control remotely to clear a strange falut code. They want me to do a "Reset Vehicle Configuration" which is a term from WiTech. I bought AlfaOBD and have been using it on Android, and I have emailed Alfas support many times and have not gotten a response. The question is, is it possible to do a Reset Vehicle Configuration within AlfaOBD and if so, what is it called on their software? I simply can not find it anywhere using that terminology and I am wondering if Alfa calls the function something else.

Chetperk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
Hi guys, my tilt in reverse mirrors stopped working after I replaced the mirror caps on my 1500. I used Alfaobd and ran a test on the door modules and the passenger side keeps coming up with error code B1F06. I clear the code and it comes right back. How can I get rid of this code without coming back? I don’t know if this is what’s preventing the mirror from tilting or not. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Xman19DS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Greetings All,

First time poster long time lurker.

I am having a major issue with updating the mileage on my new to me gauge cluster.

I am a long time Ram owner. I recently bought a 2019 Ram 1500 Classic (DS). With 23,000 miles on her. Love the truck. It has/had the 3” gauge cluster. I did the premium cluster upgrade. I bought a cluster off eBay. The seller didn’t say what it came out of but gave a part # of P68402202AA and said it was for 17, 18 and 19 1500’s and has 30 miles on it.

I bought a $50 onn Walmart android tablet, AlfaOBD for android and OBDLink MX+. I was successful at changing the following with this setup… tire size for speedo correction, idle hours, drive hours, global windows down, VTA and fog light high beam dropout.

After doing a lot of forum searching and reading I contacted the developer and he replied that this setup might be to slow of a connection to get it to work. He told me to get the windows version and try that way. I got AlfaOBD for windows and used my windows 10 desktop computer connecting through Bluetooth and still no change after running and completing the setup.

I remember seeing another poster having this issue and he finally got it to change after using a faster laptop after trying with a phone first and then a tablet.

Thinking that it needs a faster connection I bought OBDLink EX with usb connection and set it up on my win10 computer making sure the com port was running at 115200.

Still no change after trying multiple times and making sure to sleep the truck for 5 minutes or more.

Does anybody have any other ideals or suggestions to get it to change.??

Thanks

Edit: I do have the by-pass cable from KAOdTECH installed.

Last edited:

Bradb76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok guys what am I doing wrong, I got a used ecm and wanted to update the vin but while trying to write to ecu it tells me failed function not available in active diagnostic session

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220702-102618_AlfaOBD.jpg
    Screenshot_20220702-102618_AlfaOBD.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 3

This ole Gator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8 MDS VVT
Thank you all for all the information! I just purchased a "new to Me" 2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn from CarMax. As it was a fleet vehicle, I only received one FOB. Not wanting to get stuck in BF Egypt running from a storm with a broken FOB, I got two more online. The dealers around here are good, but slooooooow, and guess what it's storm season again. I have the latest android AlphaOBD and the Blutooth OBDLink MX+ for my 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee. In thanking you all, I have a few observations to pass along with programing the vehicles. First and foremost, as an ex-computer technician I 1000% agree with the sticky. The First thing you do when connected to your Vehicle is BACK THAT THING UP!!!!!. Alpha is so powerful that it's dangerous and without a clear instruction manual on how and what to do, you can easily go places of no return! The second is something that I got from the Jeep Forum but often gets overlooked. When programing the body computer or really doing anything with Alpha, always have the vehicle battery hooked up to a power supply so as to maintain a steady voltage of at least 14 volts. Not just any old charger mind you, but one that has a dedicated monitored power supply function. I use a Solar Pro-Logix charger, just for this reason, it has a dedicated power supply function that is critical for programing the body computer and maintaining a steady state of power. The reason is that even minor voltage fluctuations from a discharging battery can act as code scramblers and fuddle fingers in the rewrite process. leaving the TIPM and Body computer half coded and locked up as confused. With what we are doing to the vehicles it's really a no-brainer to purchase one and use it. You will find that many of Alphs's hiccups go away. Lastly, as I was doing a simple FOB reprogram I used Alpha to get the security PIN for the Radio beforehand, 2017 so it popped right Up :cool:. Always have any necessary codes or steps down pat before actually attempting to make alterations. The shutdown and reboot cycle of the vehicles with the android version is something Alpha needs to look into as it's really poorly defined and simply waiting 5 minutes for a computer rewrite seems a bit iffy with some of the body programming.

Attachments

• PL2310_angle_1000x1000.jpg
    PL2310_angle_1000x1000.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 2
  • PL2310_back_1000x1000.jpg
    PL2310_back_1000x1000.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 2