AlfaOBD

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
The CAN bus is reset for the pedal and ABS.. you do not want to activate this feature while air is in the system.

You will understand once you attempt to re-gain original pedal feel after performing a brake service.
Why would you actuate the system with air in it? It gets actuated AFTER conventional bleeding is performed.

Mister Luck

cassis tvtissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
Why would you actuate the system with air in it? It gets actuated AFTER conventional bleeding is performed.
C6ECBCB8-902C-40B9-B960-A1FD6A1E120D.jpeg

I’m going to add a (how) also.

How could be that you’d think the actuation of the program bleeds the brakes automatically.

Why could be because you don’t know how the program works possible because lack of education about the software’s execution.

For some education is a result of trial and error.

I’m not sure there is a warning that accompanies Alfa OBD software before any buttons are clicked or pushed.

Last edited:

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
View attachment 498584

I’m going to add a (how) also.

How could be that you’d think the actuation of the program bleeds the brakes automatically.

Why could be because you don’t know how the program works possible because lack of education about the software’s execution.

For some education is a result of trial and error.

I’m not sure there is a warning that accompanies Alfa OBD software before any buttons are clicked or pushed.

Are you asking a question? I didn't say it bleeds the system automatically. That's not what it's for. If you have a system full of air it gets bleed conventionally. The actuation using Alpha is done last and then one last conventional bleeding again to ensure there is no trapped air stuck in the system anywhere.

Mister Luck

cassis tvtissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
Are you asking a question? I didn't say it bleeds the system automatically. That's not what it's for. If you have a system full of air it gets bleed conventionally. The actuation using Alpha is done last and then one last conventional bleeding again to ensure there is no trapped air stuck in the system anywhere.
My other guess was that you were making an arbitrary statement.
I understand and apologize because you thought I was questioning your statement by quoting you and not answering BigFrog

Last edited:

ahole4sure

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Sorry if this is a re-post ... I replaced the HCU today for my 2018 Ram 2500 (with the antilock service error).
I used AlfaOBD to do the Brake Bleed procedure. I thought it was odd that it only had me bleed the Right Front then the Right Rear! No mention in the procedure of bleeding the Left .... ???? Has anyone else seen this or might I be doing something wrong? The brakes feel pretty good but would love to get the most out of my AlfaOBD system