AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is correct for 2018 models the bed light switch runs back to the bcm. I doubt previous year models bcms would respond to that circuit, but who knows until someone tries it.
7febf4a395764c3b6f80f63acc0b9769.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. I only have access to my year (17) diagrams so this is helpful.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

nick00less

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 6.7
Anyone successfully program their truck to allow Exhaust Brake on at every startup without having to select it?

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Infotainment gets the grid lines somehow, he mentions something about white wires in this video

I'm not promoting this just saying if they can do it surely we can do it somehow, although looking at the lines on this video I'm not sure why you want them looking in the bed

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
Infotainment gets the grid lines somehow, he mentions something about white wires in this video

I'm not promoting this just saying if they can do it surely we can do it somehow, although looking at the lines on this video I'm not sure why you want them looking in the bed

Go to 12:31 in the video and you can see the gridlines on the screen. He says if you want to DISABLE the gridlines for the cargo camera to tie the 2 white wires together.

scott116

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7

I do believe that is their aftermarket camera option not the OEM one.

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

I really wish it could be done.

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
I do believe that is their aftermarket camera option not the OEM one.

Scott...it maybe the aftermarket camera they are showing, but how is a camera by itself have the ability to show gridlines? They are just installing a cheap aftermarket camera into a stock brake light, then turning on the camera feed in the BCM with their Genie. And their Genie does not do programming, it does the same thing we do with the Alfa tool. In other words , where is the "brains" located that is putting up the gridlines? Inside the aftermarket camera?

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Scott...it maybe the aftermarket camera they are showing, but how is a camera by itself have the ability to show gridlines? They are just installing a cheap aftermarket camera into a stock brake light, then turning on the camera feed in the BCM with their Genie. And their Genie does not do programming, it does the same thing we do with the Alfa tool. In other words , where is the "brains" located that is putting up the gridlines? Inside the aftermarket camera?

Gridlines are in the camera. Probably just like this one.. https://pdf.crutchfieldonline.com/ImageBank/v20180503110100/Manuals/249/249CUB15.PDF

Sweetolbryan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have LED low beam headlights with resistors in my 2018 Laramie projectors
I have been thinking of putting in some high beams. Also would like to do my wife’s 2016 Laramie projectors.
If I change the headlight setting I do NOT need resistors, correct?
Just want to make sure before I order
Thanks

Redheadhunter21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Anyone successfully program their truck to allow Exhaust Brake on at every startup without having to select it?

Not that I have seen as of yet, only way to do that so far is a sim plug in the trailer connector

09hemicrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7

It’s in the PCM calibration so I don’t think Alfa will be able to do it.

scott116

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
The lines are built into the camera, that’s why they say to cut the wire on the harness to disable them. I had a cheap backup camera I added to my old truck and it was the same way and it had zero communication with the truck.

Zee ahmed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Hi I I finally got around to turning on my DRL's on my 2016 ram that has the switch back installed from Jeremy at the retro shop but the weird thing is they are amber when drl is active. When I turn on the headlights they go back to white, if I turn on just my park lights they are amber, If I turn off DRLs, everything works like it should.
I turned on the drls myself using OBDLINK MX and alphaobd I set the drls to optional drls, I set the drl location to turn signals, I set drl drop out to yes. The couple things I didn't turn on was dedicated drls which I think is if you have lights just for drl, and i didn't set the voltage to the drls so right now it sends 6.2volts or whatever it is the circuit provides.
Do you guys have any idea on how to fix this or maybe you have some insight on how the switch backs actually work and where the signal for white and amber comes from, I might be able to change the settings around.
Thanks!

Hookie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Well maybe this is't for me. I've been looking for a couple days and still can't find out how to do this

Fog lamps with high beams:

Fog lamp dropout enable

Select "No"

rackemron4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I will give an update tomorrow on the remote start. [ATTACH=full said:

Well Good Morning. I got a code from the dealer on Monday and tried to program the FOBs with the code and would not take. Then I put 0000 and it says Secret not located transfer the secret code. At this point I call a friend of a friend and ask him to come and program my FOBs and remote start. He is a Mopar tech. So hopefully after today my truck will have the remote start operational and the remote start will be flash onto my BCM and be part of my vin as being there. I will get up an update hopefully tomorrow thanks Ron

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi I I finally got around to turning on my DRL's on my 2016 ram that has the switch back installed from Jeremy at the retro shop but the weird thing is they are amber when drl is active. When I turn on the headlights they go back to white, if I turn on just my park lights they are amber, If I turn off DRLs, everything works like it should.
I turned on the drls myself using OBDLINK MX and alphaobd I set the drls to optional drls, I set the drl location to turn signals, I set drl drop out to yes. The couple things I didn't turn on was dedicated drls which I think is if you have lights just for drl, and i didn't set the voltage to the drls so right now it sends 6.2volts or whatever it is the circuit provides.
Do you guys have any idea on how to fix this or maybe you have some insight on how the switch backs actually work and where the signal for white and amber comes from, I might be able to change the settings around.
Thanks!
I would contact Jeremy with Retroshop. When I talked with him a while back, I remember him saying they had to be wired a certain way I think.

Well maybe this is't for me. I've been looking for a couple days and still can't find out how to do this

Fog lamps with high beams:

Fog lamp dropout enable

Select "No"
Don't lose hope. Did you look at the first post and read through some of the how tos? Make sure you are connected and in the BCM. I highlighted the dropout feature below. Take your time scrolling through the list it is easy to pass.

CBC Features Configuration: (they're broke up into categories)
Tip Start Enabled: Set
Dual Start Relay System Present: Not set
Wiper Service Position Enabled: Not set
AUX High Beam Present: Not set
Trailer Tow Present: Set
Quad Headlamps Enable: Set
Horn Chirp Allowed: Set
Bi Xenon Headlamps Enable: Not set
Hazard Lamp Configuration: Latching Switch
Park Lamp Loadshed Enable: Set
Front Fog Lamp Dropout Enable: Set

If you haven't already, create a Google Drive account and upload your current config to your drive. Take notes of everything you change.

oldjoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I just downloaded ALFAOBD and when I select my truck 2018 2500 and go function body computer and then control unit theres no 2018,,,,, just got it and waiting on bypass cable
Folks are selecting 2017 for their 2018's

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A request - anyone with a 44-45 transfer case (i.e. NOT the 4-Auto case), can you dump your data to the shared Google folder?

Curious as to what setting(s) might be needed to change a truck with the 44-44 (4-Auto) xfer case over to a 44-45 ("manual" xfer case)

I think the best way is to use the Get System ID dump since that seems to dump all contents and not just what Alfa has listed in its app.

Thanks in advance.

-Chris

4eyedconekiller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
So, finally getting around to trying to connect with AlphaOBD, and I'm having some issues. I had an older computer that didnt have BT capability, so I bought the OBDLink SX cable and blue adapter that Alexey (SP) recommended. I went back to the first couple posts and tried to search out the issue, but I'm still having troubles.

This is on my 2014 Big Horn CC 4x4 EcoD.

Set for the COM port that I saw in Device manager:

Device Manager.jpg
Interface message C.jpg

When it attempts to connect, my stereo shuts off, and my fan starts blowing on high, and the AC and recirc buttons start to flash, and I get the above errors. Any suggestions?