AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks like you’ll be fine. As Ricks_Ram mentioned previously, your white plug has more than the non-memory mirrors 4 wires. Here’s a shot of mine disconnect.
bda34925ec84cffd250db35fa4aa47ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
I think the wiring is different in the 2018 trucks .
I will try it next week and see what happens .

chamolie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 SLT
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Thanks for this. I did the same but was having problems with the passenger vented seat. Originally It worked when I selected to option for “vented seats present”. I guess I had since then changed the seat type to “perforated”. Everything still worked as should (heat/cool) except the passenger would cut off like you described except only on vented. Finally read this post and switched to “default”. Truck didn’t like this as the vented option still didn’t work and now the airbag system service light came on. Switched it back to “cloth” as this is what my truck came with originally and bingo, everything workin as it was the first time.

I was able to make the Limited Leather Heated/Cooled seats work with the seat material type set to "Perforated Leather" and the steering wheel material type set to "Leather/Wood" properly this last weekend.

I compared my settings from the System ID with AlfaOBD with the settings of the 2017 2500 6.7 in the shared folder and changed some settings.

I was not able to find the settings with AlfaOBD so I used the A E tool (with Giotto 16.2.3) to change the following:

Programmed ECUs: Cabin Network:

CSWM Comfort Seat Wheel Module: Set

MSM Memory Seat Module: Set

ICS Integrated Center Stack: Set

***The ICS Integrated Center Stack setting in AlfaOBD changes a different setting:

Programmed Network Configuration - Audio / Telematics Network:

ICS Integrated Center Stack: Not set

Then go through ALL settings in AlfaOBD for Heated/Cooled Seats and Heated Steering Wheel

And after setting Driver memory mirror and Passenger memory mirror to "Set" the memory seat positions 1 and 2 work as well as saving the satellite radio channel

Make a document of your "Current Settings" before you make the changes first...

Last edited:

PNUTLT1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I tried activating my inverter and to no luck.
Before I had the pin on the outlet connector (I believe pin 7) go straight to 12v and it would work like that.
Today I put it back to stock and I activated inverter present and dc to dc I verter and dc to dc inverter #2 and it’s not working.
Can anyone chime in?
Thanks

Chach

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
So I tried activating my inverter and to no luck.
Before I had the pin on the outlet connector (I believe pin 7) go straight to 12v and it would work like that.
Today I put it back to stock and I activated inverter present and dc to dc I verter and dc to dc inverter #2 and it’s not working.
Can anyone chime in?
Thanks

Try these settings:

Inverter Present: Yes
Power Inverter Type: Latching Switch
Inverter Status Input Present: Set
Inverter Enable Relay Output Present: Set

Also the DC to DC settings are 'not set' in my settings. I would change those back

Jkieffer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Try these settings:

Also the DC to DC settings are 'not set' in my settings. I would change those back

Thanks all I was going to ask the same question. Just waiting for my seat harness to arrive.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Can I get someone with their AlphaOBD and truck nearby to verify a possible bug for me? Preferably on a truck with factory LED tails. In the Body Control Module functions, can you try the Left Reverse Light and Right Reverse Light functions? Only the Right one is working for me. The left bulb itself works when the truck is put in reverse, it's not out. It's just the test function in the app that not working. I'm using the current full Android version and the recommended Bluetooth MX dongle.
-K

Quick update, I got an email from the author today confirming the bug report I sent in and stating that it is indeed a bug in the program and will be fixed in the next release.

-K

chamolie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 SLT
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Anyone know what the "Rear Fog Lamps" output to?
I see that the 2017 2500 Cummins settings in the shared folder has the following set:

ECU Qualification:

Control-Rear Fog Lamps: Yes

CBC Configurable Inputs and Outputs:

Rear Fog Lamp Output Present: Set

CBC Features Configuration:

LED Rear Fog Lamps Present: Not set

CBC I/O Usage Configuration:

Connector F Pin 5: Left Rear Fog Lamp/High Beam Shutter Usage: Left High Beam Shutter
Connector E Pin 39: Right Rear Fog Lamp/High Beam Shutter Usage: Right High Beam Shutter

2014 CBC I/O and Features Configuration:

Rear Fog Lamps Open Circuit DTC Enable: Not set

Last edited:

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Anyone know what the "Rear Fog Lamps" output to?

The BCMs are used in many FCA vehicles, not just our trucks. It appears to be an option for a different vehicle, possibly for one with a special service package (police/fire/military/etc).

-K

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I believe Rear Fogs (ie yellow lights) are offerred on European vehicles so the can be better seem from the back in certain conditions.

M² Mods.

chamolie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 SLT
Engine
Cummins 6.7
My kids have a Mini Copper with a rear fog lamp at the bottom center of the rear bumper (RED) which turns on with its own dedicated switch.
I was curious as to where it might be located on a Dodge Ram 2500 as I was unable to find any information even by searching...

Outbreak

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I just wanted to give everybody a heads up. I just got my Android device and for the life of me I was unable to purchase the app - none of the payments were going through no matter what I tried (paypal, debit card...). I just wanted to throw the thing against the wall!!! UNTIL...

I installed the Amazon App Store on the Android device. I was then able to purchase the AlphaOBD app using my desktop and send it to my Android. But the kicker is, that for some reason, I got $11 off the purchase, and it was only $38. I'm not sure why it happened, maybe it was because it was my first purchase.

SixFOURhemiHD

Ghost Rider
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L 392 Hemi
Can we turn out the bulb out messages with AlphaOBD? Changed my tails, reverse, plate, and high mount bulbs to LED and I have the errors.

g-ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Can we turn out the bulb out messages with AlphaOBD? Changed my tails, reverse, plate, and high mount bulbs to LED and I have the errors.

Look for license plate light and change it to led. That's what I did and I stop getting license plate bulb out

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

g-ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7

Sorry misread the post

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jkieffer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Try these settings:

Where is inverter present in Alfa software. I guess I am overlooking it?

Jkieffer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Ok I order the parts installed the inverter plug and turned on recommended settings checked fuse and still no power to the inverter. The harness under the seat was not there. I received one that has heated/ vented seat wiring. Would I need to activate those options even though I don’t have those seats. Any suggestions?