AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I installed the ITBC in my 2018 Laramie, after turning on the 4 settings suggested, and verifying the trailer tow and lights were “set” I can see in the trailer brake settings in the evic as well as control the gain, but the setting for trailer do not show in the radio. Any help would be appreciated.
Pull the inline fuse for the radio near the brake booster to force a radio reset. The 2018 radios will take a while to read it the BCM changes ... Sometimes up to 24-48hrs.

M² Mods.

crzyamerican

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Pull the inline fuse for the radio near the brake booster to force a radio reset. The 2018 radios will take a while to read it the BCM changes ... Sometimes up to 24-48hrs.

M² Mods.
Thanks. I’ll give that a try.

Edit: looks like I just needed patience. When I went out this morning, the trailer settings were there. Thanks again.

Last edited:

cwendel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Anybody know exactly what the Fuel System test is that gets run under the engine ecm for the 2013 Cummins. Tried running it in hopes of finding a bad injector but all the truck did was seam to set the engine brake, run rougher and run Dyno runs to 2700 rpm.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

Troy w Amason

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OK new to the forum and not really a forum guy. I am sure this is answered somewhere on here but I cant find it. I have a 2018 1500 Rebel. I bought the bypass from the guy on this forum. alfaOBD hooks up fine but when you go to the command module drop down it only goes up to 2017. No my2018. Is this normal or is there a problem with my bypass? I would choose the 2017 but I dont want it to rewrite my truck to a 2017. Can anyone help?

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OK new to the forum and not really a forum guy. I am sure this is answered somewhere on here but I cant find it. I have a 2018 1500 Rebel. I bought the bypass from the guy on this forum. alfaOBD hooks up fine but when you go to the command module drop down it only goes up to 2017. No my2018. Is this normal or is there a problem with my bypass? I would choose the 2017 but I dont want it to rewrite my truck to a 2017. Can anyone help?

Choose the my13-17. That’s what I do on my 18 and it works perfectly fine.

I also see you’re in Fort Worth. So am I. We have a lot of people here from Texas. Welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Troy w Amason

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Choose the my13-17. That’s what I do on my 18 and it works perfectly fine.

I also see you’re in Fort Worth. So am I. We have a lot of people here from Texas. Welcome

Thanks a ton! This is exactly what I needed. I am actually in Euless right by DFW. If you are ever killing time give me a shout and we will do lunch or something.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks a ton! This is exactly what I needed. I am actually in Euless right by DFW. If you are ever killing time give me a shout and we will do lunch or something.

Yeah. I was kinda iffy on using that but that was the only option and I have done DRL. Programmed new Key Tip fobs. Enabled ATC and a lot more. I’m at 30 and east chase/Randol Mill just south. Of you.

Troy w Amason

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah. I was kinda iffy on using that but that was the only option and I have done DRL. Programmed new Key Tip fobs. Enabled ATC and a lot more. I’m at 30 and east chase/Randol Mill just south. Of you.

Yes we for sure need to do lunch some time as I need to hear/see what all you have done.

Scotty1987

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I got Diode dynamics SL1 for my 17 ram with reflectors i changed the setting on alfa to LED they work fine i didnt install resistors on anti flicker everything is fine except my rear turn signals not working the reverse work fine they light up normal when lights are on just no turn on both checked the setting all the same any info on this ?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I got Diode dynamics SL1 for my 17 ram with reflectors i changed the setting on alfa to LED they work fine i didnt install resistors on anti flicker everything is fine except my rear turn signals not working the reverse work fine they light up normal when lights are on just no turn on both checked the setting all the same any info on this ?

Did you get a copy of your stock settings before making changes? If so compare to your most recent log and see if you accidentally changed something. There is no reason why changing your low beams to led would stop your turns in your tails from working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

northvibe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Quick question.

I haven’t updated Alfa yet but I have a 19’ classic 1500 and last I checked the classic wasn’t in the body selection, should I just use 18’?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Quick question.

I haven’t updated Alfa yet but I have a 19’ classic 1500 and last I checked the classic wasn’t in the body selection, should I just use 18’?

Most recent update hasn't included 18's yet. But I want to say that someone confirmed that with the 2018 2500 security bypass and using the 13-18 body Control that they were able to make changes to the 19 classic

Scotty1987

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Did you get a copy of your stock settings before making changes? If so compare to your most recent log and see if you accidentally changed something. There is no reason why changing your low beams to led would stop your turns in your tails from working.

I have but there is nothing ive changed on the tail lights

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I have but there is nothing ive changed on the tail lights

I don't remember if the rear turns are on a separate fuse but I'd check any fuses. Then disconnect the battery for about 15 minutes. See if that changes anything. Then I'd reset the headlights back and wait a few minutes to see if that changes anything.

You may not have to change the lows to led. I ran headlight revolution supernova v3's with the adapters then installed modifystreet headlights and Hikari led's in the lows on my 18 and didn't switch the settings in alphaobd and haven't had a issue. You may not have to change the settings for your lows

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Under CBC features, check and make sure combined rear lighting is still set.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Most recent update hasn't included 18's yet. But I want to say that someone confirmed that with the 2018 2500 security bypass and using the 13-18 body Control that they were able to make changes to the 19 classic

I am going to be trying to make changes on a 19 Classic today. I will post my results. I have been hesitant to do it because it's my buddy's brand new truck but we are going to try adding an auto dim passenger side mirror and auto high beam interior mirror today as long as he still wants to give it a shot.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I am going to be trying to make changes on a 19 Classic today. I will post my results. I have been hesitant to do it because it's my buddy's brand new truck but we are going to try adding an auto dim passenger side mirror and auto high beam interior mirror today as long as he still wants to give it a shot.

I want to say that maybe cincycuda had tried activating drl's or something simple on a 19 already

Scotty1987

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

Ok its fixed after messing with it for couple of hours and comparing other shared BCMs it was the combined rear lighting that was not set after changing it to set it got fixed yayyy

northvibe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did run the Alfa demo to test my OBDLink mx and I didn’t get an error...I have just been waiting for some decent weather to stay outside and get it done. I can’t believe it’s snowing today....

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok I was able to connect to the 2019 Bighorn Classic with the tool. I added the global down and it worked. From there I installed an auto dim passenger side mirror and auto high beam rear view mirror and added all the codes. So far the auto high beam hasn't shown up so it could be a while with the UAS radio. Going to do a battery disconnect to help it along.