AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok quick update now the global down is not working correctly. When you push the unlock button twice the windows start to roll down but then stop. Not a big deal. The fact they try shows the code is set. It's most likely a door module issue.c

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

14EcoRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Ok quick update now the global down is not working correctly. When you push the unlock button twice the windows start to roll down but then stop. Not a big deal. The fact they try shows the code is set. It's most likely a door module issue.c

You have to continue to hold the unlock button down.

diboblo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

When I added Global Down to my 15 Hellcat Charger, I had the same issue. I watched a couple of YouTube videos on Mercedes with this feature and found that I have to press unlock once, then press and hold unlock, for the windows to completely roll down.

They will continue to roll down, as long as I hold the button... so I can crack the windows, halfway,, all the way, or anywhere in between.

Maybe try this?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I added Global Down to my 15 Hellcat Charger, I had the same issue. I watched a couple of YouTube videos on Mercedes with this feature and found that I have to press unlock once, then press and hold unlock, for the windows to completely roll down.

They will continue to roll down, as long as I hold the button... so I can crack the windows, halfway,, all the way, or anywhere in between.

Maybe try this?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
No they don't work. I have enabled this feature on several trucks and I know they will only roll down as long as you hold the button. They start for a split second and then stop. Not a big deal he will never use it anyway. I mostly did it because it's an easy code and I was feeling out the truck. On a positive note the auto high beams seem to be activated. 034d400dc589c71d4bf9a72479c5cab5.jpg

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I want to say that maybe cincycuda had tried activating drl's or something simple on a 19 already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yes, I turned off drl and turned them back on. I also connected to BCM and turned lights on and off etc. just to see if it would work. That was not a 2019 classic but a 5th gen. The 5th gen requires the 2500 bypass harness from @Mpgrimm2 to work.
Use it cautiously on the 5th gen as very little has been tested, use at your own risk.

I’m going to try tire size change on that 5th gen soon, I’ll post results here.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, I turned off drl and turned them back on. I also connected to BCM and turned lights on and off etc. just to see if it would work. That was not a 2019 classic but a 5th gen. The 5th gen requires the 2500 bypass harness from @Mpgrimm2 to work.
Use it cautiously on the 5th gen as very little has been tested, use at your own risk.

I’m going to try tire size change on that 5th gen soon, I’ll post results here.
I know the 5th gen has alot of features the 4th gen doesn't. I am sure those will most likely not show up with the alpha tool. That being said it would be great if he would expand to tool to include full support for the 5th gen trucks.

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know the 5th gen has alot of features the 4th gen doesn't. I am sure those will most likely not show up with the alpha tool. That being said it would be great if he would expand to tool to include full support for the 5th gen trucks.

Or at least add MY2018 lol

Sean B

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Last edited:

Patrity

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I have a 2016 longhorn so pretty much all features unlocked already but can I use this to unlock anything else useful? Cargo Cam?

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2016 longhorn so pretty much all features unlocked already but can I use this to unlock anything else useful? Cargo Cam?

Yes it can do the cargo cam and radio soft keys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sean B

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Working on getting options categorized, with descriptions, then I will work on enabling options with dependencies.

I drive a charger, not a ram. They have the same bcm. So any help filling in the spread sheet on the truck options would be greatly appreciated.

This is the most informative thread going on the internet, great job peeps.
I have also let the developer know that the spread sheet is in process.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What is the “radio soft keys”?

The buttons to engage the actual camera whenever needed it will show up on your controls screen with heated ventilated seats mirror dim. Rear view cam

TonyMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 CC 6"4 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The buttons to engage the actual camera whenever needed it will show up on your controls screen with heated ventilated seats mirror dim. Rear view cam

Do you mean the bottom row of the radio display where you can “drag” the different buttons like reverse cam, navigation etc...?

Sean B

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Soft keys are buttons on touchscreen. Might be a dedicated button in on the apps screen, could be inside the controls app, or could be in the settings menu.

Different options display in different places.

TonyMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 CC 6"4 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Soft keys are buttons on touchscreen. Might be a dedicated button in on the apps screen, could be inside the controls app, or could be in the settings menu.

Different options display in different places.

Where in AlfaOBD can you find the settings?

HvyDuty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L

My 2017 and 2018 do the same thing. Work but only momentary. Hold down does nothing.