AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

joelmic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab 3.6L 4x4 20x9 Wheels
Engine
Bought it... THNX guys

luckydog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I recently bought the alphaobd software since I have several Dodges. I downloaded my bcm configuration from my Ram 2500 and saved it to Googledrive. I tried doing the same thing with my Dodge Magnum but the one from my Ram 2500 keeps coming up. How do I remove the Ram's configuration from alphaobd so I can download and save the one from my Magnum? I want to save both of them before I get into making changes. Thanks.

48PowerWagon

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I recently bought the alphaobd software since I have several Dodges. I downloaded my bcm configuration from my Ram 2500 and saved it to Googledrive. I tried doing the same thing with my Dodge Magnum but the one from my Ram 2500 keeps coming up. How do I remove the Ram's configuration from alphaobd so I can download and save the one from my Magnum? I want to save both of them before I get into making changes. Thanks.

2 Maggies (well 3 if you count the 78 T-Top B Block Unit) I think I can field this one - run the Diagnostics that should clear your current config and write a new BCM Pull

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins

2 Maggies (well 3 if you count the 78 T-Top B Block Unit) I think I can field this one - run the Diagnostics that should clear your current config and write a new BCM Pull

As @48PowerWagon stated, click the battery icon let it load then download to Google drive. You'll probably have to do this each time

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

macmov

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 4500
Engine
6.7 CTD
I have a 2019 4500. I want to turn on the idle timer but I cant figure it out with alfaobd, is it possible?

Also want to turn built in alarm on, same problem. No options for the 19s

Nycatt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is there a way to reset the Uconnect 8.4 system using AlfaOBD

rmoyer72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does it do the same thing that the other companies “premium” one does? I like how it stays on while it flashes for the turn signal....

2018 Ram 2500 Tradesman
6.7L, G56
Yes, it does.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Denver95327

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys/gals

I am new to the form and have some questions here, I have read many posts on here and this is the first time I have heard of the alfaOBD, I have a 2019 ram 1500 ecodiesel that I just picked up. Will the Alfa work on 2019(classic) trucks? The two features I am looking for are remote start and in bed lights( do these just turn on with the cargo lamp switch?) does anyone know if this will work? I don’t see a year over 2017 on the Demo app of Alfa that I just downloaded so I am very concerned about getting this. Also, if it does work for these items and on 2019..it appears like I’d need to buy an unlock cable??

anyways, like I said, this is all new to me so I am open to options or other products that would work if possible.
Thank you very much, sorry if this has been covered but I didn’t see it listed in the random pages I looked at.

Richmond2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys/gals

I am new to the form and have some questions here, I have read many posts on here and this is the first time I have heard of the alfaOBD, I have a 2019 ram 1500 ecodiesel that I just picked up. Will the Alfa work on 2019(classic) trucks? The two features I am looking for are remote start and in bed lights( do these just turn on with the cargo lamp switch?) does anyone know if this will work? I don’t see a year over 2017 on the Demo app of Alfa that I just downloaded so I am very concerned about getting this. Also, if it does work for these items and on 2019..it appears like I’d need to buy an unlock cable??

anyways, like I said, this is all new to me so I am open to options or other products that would work if possible.
Thank you very much, sorry if this has been covered but I didn’t see it listed in the random pages I looked at.

people have connected to 2019's using the 2017 BCM settings in OBD
and YES both of your "wants" are doable in Alpha
and yes you will need a unlock cable
the first post links to a sheet with the working mods

Denver95327

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
people have connected to 2019's using the 2017 BCM settings in OBD
and YES both of your "wants" are doable in Alpha
and yes you will need a unlock cable
the first post links to a sheet with the working mods

Thank you very much! So i read some posts on page 229ish and it said that I will be require you get a PIN number from the dealer. I hope they don’t play games with me, they told me 1000 bucks for the Remote start kit from them installed..

The dealer I bought the truck from said they can’t do it and they send truck to a 3rd party shop to do the work.. seems crazy to me.

so on the bright side, a buddy came over today and we activated the truck bed lights for when they show up and also made it so I can roll my windows down with the keyfob.. pretty cool feature, I wish I could get them to roll back up now! Lol We read somewhere it’s a safety issue and it wouldn’t work, so we didn’t bother trying it and I wouldn’t know what fob buttons to push anyways. These adjustments were done on 2016 3500, not the 2019 1500 as I need to purchase the unlock harness still.

thanks

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you very much! So i read some posts on page 229ish and it said that I will be require you get a PIN number from the dealer. I hope they don’t play games with me, they told me 1000 bucks for the Remote start kit from them installed..

The dealer I bought the truck from said they can’t do it and they send truck to a 3rd party shop to do the work.. seems crazy to me.

so on the bright side, a buddy came over today and we activated the truck bed lights for when they show up and also made it so I can roll my windows down with the keyfob.. pretty cool feature, I wish I could get them to roll back up now! Lol We read somewhere it’s a safety issue and it wouldn’t work, so we didn’t bother trying it and I wouldn’t know what fob buttons to push anyways. These adjustments were done on 2016 3500, not the 2019 1500 as I need to purchase the unlock harness still.

thanks
My buddy has a 19 Bighorn classic. We installed the push botton start, proximiy entry, auto high beam, driver and passenger auto dim mirrors, daytime running lights, mirror tilt in reverse and a few other things. His truck already had the remote start. Once you get the security bypass harness from Kaod Tech you can pretty much do everything we can do on the 13 to 18 trucks. The later trucks like yours should already have the correct RF hub for the remote start. Your keys should already have the correct buttons under the rubber cover. Some guys just replace the cover so they can press the button and some guys buy new fobs. If you get new fobs you will need your 4 digit pin code from the dealer so you can program the fobs to your truck or you can download the Chrysler pin puller app on the play store and get it for $15. Most dealers will give you your trucks pin# because it's basically your pin# for your truck but some can be jerks about it. It's best to go to the parts dept and not the service department to get your pin#. Make sure if you buy fobs they are new or have been professionally erased by a locksmith. You will need to install the security hood latch and wiring and then enable all the correct codes. Some trucks already have the correct wiring for the security hood latch but most do not. You will most likely have the connector by your hood latch but it terminates in the harness. You will need to check and see if it's connected to the BCM. I think it's in pin# 8 but I can't remember for sure. Someone will hopefully chime in to verify the pin# in the BCM. There are several guys who have done the remote start. It's a pretty common upgrade and not that hard to do. Most dealers charge an hour to two hours labor depending on the year of your truck. I can't understand why any dealer would have to send it to a third party to have it done and the other dealer charging $1000 is ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Austen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Anyone know if changing special package to Jeep will give you the ability to choose from different radio themes such as this one on a Ram UAQ without causing any issues?0d44be356b16cf7c435f5ae7228a06b8.jpg

17' CCSB 4X4 68RFE 2500 6.7 Tradesman DRP EGR delete, CTT tuning w/TCM tuning, UAQ w/7 speed HVAC, 7" premium EVIC, OEM front Parksense, OEM style front camera, aux switches, OEM remote start

Last edited:

Denver95327

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My buddy has a 19 Bighorn classic. We installed the push botton start, proximiy entry, auto high beam, driver and passenger auto dim mirrors, daytime running lights, mirror tilt in reverse and a few other things. His truck already had the remote start. Once you get the security bypass harness from Kaod Tech you can pretty much do everything we can do on the 13 to 18 trucks. The later trucks like yours should already have the correct RF hub for the remote start. Your keys should already have the correct buttons under the rubber cover. Some guys just replace the cover so they can press the button and some guys buy new fobs. If you get new fobs you will need your 4 digit pin code from the dealer so you can program the fobs to your truck or you can download the Chrysler pin puller app on the play store and get it for $15. Most dealers will give you your trucks pin# because it's basically your pin# for your truck but some can be jerks about it. It's best to go to the parts dept and not the service department to get your pin#. Make sure if you buy fobs they are new or have been professionally erased by a locksmith. You will need to install the security hood latch and wiring and then enable all the correct codes. Some trucks already have the correct wiring for the security hood latch but most do not. You will most likely have the connector by your hood latch but it terminates in the harness. You will need to check and see if it's connected to the BCM. I think it's in pin# 8 but I can't remember for sure. Someone will hopefully chime in to verify the pin# in the BCM. There are several guys who have done the remote start. It's a pretty common upgrade and not that hard to do. Most dealers charge an hour to two hours labor depending on the year of your truck. I can't understand why any dealer would have to send it to a third party to have it done and the other dealer charging $1000 is ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

yeah, seemed crazy expensive to me. So the kit I was going to buy is just the factory ram one...part 82215050, it includes the key fobs already so thought it would be best that way.. they will be new fobs. Then I can TRY to set this thing up. Lol. This stuff seems way over my head at this time. But we will have to see how it goes. Thanks

dwalk19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 6.7
Hey guys, I installed a 7" EViC about a month ago,

My truck is a 2017, the evic is supposed to be from a 2014,, mileage changed fine with Alphaobd but engine hours would not,,, also I noticed TPMS are reading on the new evic,, is there a sales code that needs to be turned on or something else that I'm missing,, the evic has the DEF gauge so I believe it is a 2014, not sure if they had the DEF gauge on the 2013's yet, hopefully I can get hours to change eventually but be nice if tpms read as they were supposed to

Get Outlook for Android

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Noneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 2500 Laramie. 35's 2 inch level. Raceme. Fully deleted 5 inch FlowPro Exh
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My 2013 Laramie has DEF gauge.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

RLT1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’m sure this has been discussed but I cannot find it.
Will disconnecting my negative terminal on the battery reset the changes I made with the alpha back to factory?

ie... all the LED lights, DRL, Fog drop out etc......