AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoZo6

2021 Longhorn Limited 1500
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Yes understand when they are supposed to be on and off. I was asking for settings to change in OBD to get them enabled. I followed two different setups and they still don’t work.
This works for me:
DRLs: (Daytime Running Lights) For “Dedicated” DRLs (Rams with factory projectors) see post #7079

https://www.ramforum.com/posts/2032174/

CBC Features: DRL Configuration

Select “Optional DRL”

CBC Features: DRL Lamp location (several to choose from, high beam, low beam, fog lamp, dedicated and SRT Light Bar) Known working high beam, low beam, turn signal and fog lamp.

CBC Features: DRL Dropout Enabled

Select “yes”

ECU 3: DRL Customer Setting Enable/Disable

Select “yes”

Customer Service Menus: Daytime Running Lights CSM

Select “yes”

SilverRAM0708

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Crew Cab Big Horn
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I have factory quad halogen headlights. Anybody have DRL setting sequence for theses? Can’t seem to get them enabled.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don’t see that option in the OBD. Perhaps it’s under a different name? Do you connect to instrument panel or body computer for this?

Body Computer, Car Configuration Change option, the setting is in there (you can search for settings by typing text into the box at the top of the list)

Just noticed you have a 2500, I have a 1500 and can see the option....I dont think the 2500 is different, but maybe?

SilverRAM0708

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Thanks so much for the supply of this thread below. I just completed it and it works!!!!! Fog Lamps for DRL’s now. Does anyone know, can you add another location for the DRL? So, can I have fog lamps and turn signals if I want to?

This works for me:
DRLs: (Daytime Running Lights) For “Dedicated” DRLs (Rams with factory projectors) see post #7079

https://www.ramforum.com/posts/2032174/

CBC Features: DRL Configuration

Select “Optional DRL”

CBC Features: DRL Lamp location (several to choose from, high beam, low beam, fog lamp, dedicated and SRT Light Bar) Known working high beam, low beam, turn signal and fog lamp.

CBC Features: DRL Dropout Enabled

Select “yes”

ECU 3: DRL Customer Setting Enable/Disable

Select “yes”

Customer Service Menus: Daytime Running Lights CSM

Select “yes”

MartyZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 5.7l Hemi
I have factory quad halogen headlights. Anybody have DRL setting sequence for theses? Can’t seem to get them enabled.

Under Alpha go to:
BodyControl Module:. (Select your Module)
Then near the bottom of the list select "Car Change Configuration:
About halfway down there is options labeled: "CBC Features:"

Side Repeaters Enabled = Mirror signal lights (Not DRL, Harness needed for that)

then a little further down

DRL Configuration: I selected Optional from here, was unsure of european stuff

Go back to configuration change and select:

DRL Location: Select your DRL from this list. I used Turn Signal DRL to get normal yellow lights. (Was hoping for the mirror lights too but i need the harness)

The last option was the DRL Dropout Enabled: I didnt change this value so im not sure right now what it is set to.

Hope this helps you out. It worked on my 2500

SilverRAM0708

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Is this just a setting to disable the chime, or will this disable the “parking light out” error message? My lights do not appear to be hyper flashing either. So, I’m looking for what to do to get the “parking light out” error message to go away when I press the brake or use a turn signal....I am still assuming my overall fix is going to have to be installing resistors for the tail light bulbs. Thoughts?

CBC Features: Rear Lighting DTC Disabled....set it to Yes. This should cover all of the rear lights from triggering a warning.

MartyZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 5.7l Hemi
I don’t see that option in the OBD. Perhaps it’s under a different name? Do you connect to instrument panel or body computer for this?
Is this just a setting to disable the chime, or will this disable the “parking light out” error message? My lights do not appear to be hyper flashing either. So, I’m looking for what to do to get the “parking light out” error message to go away when I press the brake or use a turn signal....

Just a little further down (Continuing from my last reply):
under the options labeled "CBC Features" there are options for LED Lamps, enable or disable each one necessary.

(It worked for my license lamps and tail lights)
It Disables the fault code that is producing the message on your instrument panel.

Last edited:

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
The last option was the DRL Dropout Enabled: I didnt change this value so im not sure right now what it is set to.
DRL dropout controls if the DRL on the side the turn signal is being used. You don't want to enable the DRL drop out if your using with the high or low beams as the DRLs. You probably only notice it if you have dedicated DRLs.

Cummins3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone successfully get the speedo correct with 35" toyo at3 on 20" factory wheels???? What did u put in as circumference I've been playing around with it tiring to fine tune it

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Anyone successfully get the speedo correct with 35" toyo at3 on 20" factory wheels???? What did u put in as circumference I've been playing around with it tiring to fine tune it

Go out and actually measure the diameter of your tire in mm.... then multiply by 3.14. Then you have the exact number for the height of your tires

Cummins3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did still playing with number to get it right just wondering what guys have input with sucess

SilverRAM0708

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
This solved the dreaded parking light out error! So far...

Is this just a setting to disable the chime, or will this disable the “parking light out” error message? My lights do not appear to be hyper flashing either. So, I’m looking for what to do to get the “parking light out” error message to go away when I press the brake or use a turn signal....I am still assuming my overall fix is going to have to be installing resistors for the tail light bulbs. Thoughts?

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So much to read through... 530 pages of information and I am going screen blind and Frontal Lobe mushy. Have an MX+ and the AlphaObd app. Will I still need the Security Cable to make changes to a later model 2019 2500 Bighorn? When using the security bypass, do I still need a pin from the dealer? Are there any changes that can be made without the cable? I'm not looking to rebuild the entire truck, I just want the reset the TPMS window for right now.
Didn't see if anyone replied to you so I will

Yes you will need the security bypass. This is really simple to install and can be done in about a minute.

You will only need the PIN number to get into the radio frequency hub. So if you are programming keys, or updating TPMS or adding remote start you will need the pin. Most of what we change doesn't require the PIN.

Cummins3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Didn't see if anyone replied to you so I will

Yes you will need the security bypass. This is really simple to install and can be done in about a minute.

You will only need the PIN number to get into the radio frequency hub. So if you are programming keys, or updating TPMS or adding remote start you will need the pin. Most of what we change doesn't require the PIN.
Pin not needed on newer 19+ models for changing tpms

Nkiwan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I feel like this AlfaOBD topic really warrants it's own Subforum. We really should have a subforum within "DIY" dedicated to AlfaOBD where we can post stickies, FAQs, and all kinds of topics to help answer all these commonly asked questions and sought-out changes.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I feel like this AlfaOBD topic really warrants it's own Subforum. We really should have a subforum within "DIY" dedicated to AlfaOBD where we can post stickies, FAQs, and all kinds of topics to help answer all these commonly asked questions and sought-out changes.

Been mentioned a 100000000000 times already but apparently the mods are not going to make it happen.

SilverRAM0708

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
OK, so hear is a good one I heard from a friend is possible on other makes of trucks. When you hit the unlock button on the fob you will get approach lights currently. I do have the tow mirrors with the puddle lights and all works well. My questions is about the timing of the lights and how long they stay on after a unlock fob push. Can the timing be changed for the lights or puddle lights to stay on longer after an unlock?

Nkiwan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OK, so hear is a good one I heard from a friend is possible on other makes of trucks. When you hit the unlock button on the fob you will get approach lights currently. I do have the tow mirrors with the puddle lights and all works well. My questions is about the timing of the lights and how long they stay on after a unlock fob push. Can the timing be changed for the lights or puddle lights to stay on longer after an unlock?
Can be changed within your infotainment center. No need for Alfa.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk