AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
So, I have a 2019 classic with the 8.4 android auto/carplay no nav. Is it possible to activate turn by turn on the evil so when I use Android auto/Google maps for nav it shows up on the cluster?
Turn by turn is for factory/onboard NAV only.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

brutal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
The developer wrote the program using MX and recommends the MX which is now the MX+. Use anything else at your own risk. Bypass is required for everything 2018 and newer. The majority of users here are making their changes with the MX or MX+ so if there's a connection issue or problem and you're using something different the knowledge base for help would be limited.

Understood. Just throwing it out there as an alternative as I hadn't seen mention of it with all the MX talk and the MX is discontinued and NLA.

WRT bypass, I responded specifically to a post about 2019 and RF Hub/PIN.

I've never seen a report of anyone having any issue with the LX (short of Jimmy's post above just now WRT any BT adapter). It's a viable option if someone wants a BT adapter and doesn't want to spend for an MX+ or need the extra features. Also a good second vehicle choice. LX plus a KAOdTECH cable is just a few dollars more than the MX+ alone. FWIW, I own the MX+, KAOdTECH, an infotainment bypass, and both platforms of AlfaOBD. I also use VCDS (fka ***-COM) with an old HEX-COM Serial OBD cable since 03 so while I'm only just posting, this isn't my first rodeo.

ToxicFire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey yall good evening, so I've had the alfa and mx+ for a few months now but does someone have step by step on setting for led head lights.

So I have projector headlamps and full led oem package.

Now I want to change my low beam to led and was told there's a setting to change so no issues arise.

Can someone help me out.

Also possible to change daytime running lights to fog lamp or running lights?

Thanks in advanced.

Sent from my SM-N986W using Tapatalk

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Hey yall good evening, so I've had the alfa and mx+ for a few months now but does someone have step by step on setting for led head lights.

So I have projector headlamps and full led oem package.

Now I want to change my low beam to led and was told there's a setting to change so no issues arise.

Can someone help me out.

Also possible to change daytime running lights to fog lamp or running lights?

Thanks in advanced.

Sent from my SM-N986W using Tapatalk

VehConfig 3 high intensity discharge lights is all you need to change for low beams

If you currently have drl's all you have to do is set fogs or turns as drl's. If not, post 1 has the steps. I don't recall off hand what the steps are

2018 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman
1990 5.9L 12v Cummins W250

gapi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Our Charger has an open differential and of course traction control.
What happens if I enable this line?

ELSD Electronic Limited Slip Differential: Not set

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Our Charger has an open differential and of course traction control.
What happens if I enable this line?

ELSD Electronic Limited Slip Differential: Not set

Nothing. That's most likely a jeep option

2018 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman
1990 5.9L 12v Cummins W250

MikeDee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just wanted to thank all you geniuses here who made me look like a genius lol! Added remote start to my buddy's newly acquired 2014 Ram 2500 ST and programmed a new key for it. Even though I knew it could be done, we are both still amazed! Thanks guys for making this all possible. Going to add remote start to a coworkers truck this week. Has a yone done remote start for other Dodge family vehicles like Jeep? Are the procedures the same? Also is there a way to add remote start to manual trans vehicles? Does the ECM recognize if it's in gear and not allow remote start if it is?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

did you have to replace the RF hub?

Noneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 2500 Laramie. 35's 2 inch level. Raceme. Fully deleted 5 inch FlowPro Exh
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Nope. Just went to "reset/replace rf hub" in the alfa settings and entered the pin and reset it. Just did another buddies 2015 the other day as well. Same thing.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone tried the PIN read functionality on the RF hub?

May help out a neighbor and enable remote start but we both prefer not to deal with the dealer to get the PIN :)

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the same curiosity.

If we try deduction...resistors are added to add more current draw, correct? That will fool the computer into thinking its drawing enough current to keep a "bulb out" light from showing. So in that case the LED setting in alpha may just ignore the current. Or it might set it to a lower value, not sure.

Now...exactly what do CANBus adapters do? That I do not know. Resistors are easy to explain (because they are easy parts!) but can anyone explain exactly what a CANBus adapter does? Is it somehow creating a PWM signal to go to LEDs? if so, if the Alfa setting lets you eliminate the adapters too, then the BCM must be doing something other than just ignoring the bulb out indicator at that point.
I have the same curiosity.

If we try deduction...resistors are added to add more current draw, correct? That will fool the computer into thinking its drawing enough current to keep a "bulb out" light from showing. So in that case the LED setting in alpha may just ignore the current. Or it might set it to a lower value, not sure

https://www.cumminsforum.com/

cbach

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Has anyone tried the PIN read functionality on the RF hub?

May help out a neighbor and enable remote start but we both prefer not to deal with the dealer to get the PIN :)

I tried, but I have a 2018 and have not yet gotten a security bypass cable. Of course all I got was an error message. Not sure if it would work on a 2017 and under.

On that note, anyone know the status of the owner of the www.kaodtech.com site? Says on vacation and products would be added back into stock today, but that has not happened yet.

Brew99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

MikeDee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nope. Just went to "reset/replace rf hub" in the alfa settings and entered the pin and reset it. Just did another buddies 2015 the other day as well. Same thing.

How is the range without the antenna on the RF hub? Did you add the hood switch or just ground the pin on the (bcm?). Any other parts required? I would like to do this and just want to make sure I have what I need beforehand. I just read this whole thread and my head is spinning a bit

Noneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 2500 Laramie. 35's 2 inch level. Raceme. Fully deleted 5 inch FlowPro Exh
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Im not sure what the range is honestly. You'll need an overlay for your key with the remote start button and I grounded the wire in the ECM harness for the hood switch but it needs a resistor in it. 1k. I bought the overlays and resistor wire from a member here but forget his name on the forum.

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just finished re-orienting the LED emitters to 12 and 6 in the verticle fog lamp housing.

Big difference in throw and intensity. This makes sense since the reflective surface is verticle.

However, even with the Alpha setting to LED Fog enable, the computer shuts off the bulb but only in the accessory position.

If I start the truck, the fogs come back on.

I checked error codes in alpha and there were a bunch of bulb short/bulb out messages.

I don't know if it's the LED bulbs or my truck having PWM enabled in accessory position even with alpha set.

Need to buy a cheapie oscilloscope to verify.

Thanks everyone for your help!

This is a great thread and thanks to Ghost Ram!

Will do my HID's next week.43f2529c9249768b35d1794c13fc4a5e.jpgc8f005e5c4db02089288d2f1477d24ee.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

This true because everything I read was to have them at 9 and 3 and I myself have vertical fogs.

joelmic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab 3.6L 4x4 20x9 Wheels
Engine
Locked "settings" in EVIC, will Alpha unlock this???
What's in the settings??? Is this supposed to be 'Stealership Only' area?

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
So got have the paid version of alpha.

I have the Sport LEDs and cargo cam LED third brake light.
Changed all the setting to enable LEDs and I am still getting the brake light and turn signal out warnings.

The only thing I can think of is one youtuber said to make a change and wait a while before doing another. I probably waited a minute or two. lol
Also do I need to cycle the key off and on after each change? I read that too. I did not do that. That won't mess with the connection?

Thanks

rixter99

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 SRW
Engine
Cummins i6.7

Changed all the setting to enable LEDs and I am still getting the brake light and turn signal out warnings.

The only thing I can think of is one youtuber said to make a change and wait a while before doing another. I probably waited a minute or two. lol
Also do I need to cycle the key off and on after each change? I read that too. I did not do that. That won't mess with the connection?

Thanks
Yes, 1 at a time...Yes, turn the key off, remove key, and walk away for 5 minutes to allow BCM to to reset...

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Thanks

Do you have resistors in the wiring for the lights? I had to remove the resistors when I updated everything with alfa.