AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins
Most things you change are under "Car Configuration Change".

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

k_gomez17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
You're right, I had them flip flopped in my head, I wish I had double checked before removing the bypass module and put everything back together.

I should still have the Customer Features drop down though right? I did check for that multiple times and it doesn't show.

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins
You're right, I had them flip flopped in my head, I wish I had double checked before removing the bypass module and put everything back together.

I should still have the Customer Features drop down though right? I did check for that multiple times and it doesn't show.
Cust. Set options under car configuration change options.

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
My left turn signal went out so i ordered LED turn signals that double as white DRLs, and im wondering since i have DRLs enabled on my truck if it’ll use the white side for the DRLs and the yellow for the turn signal. would this work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the same question, but no, sadly the DRLs are still amber for me.

It’s weird because turning the light wheel on the right to full external lights the turns appear white, but the regular running lights appear amber still. Don’t know if there’s a way to change it.

RamItGood

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just a general question, how come they never interpreted alfaobd to work on Apple devices? Is there a specific reason as to just androids?

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just a general question, how come they never interpreted alfaobd to work on Apple devices? Is there a specific reason as to just androids?

Probably because selling an android takes less effort even though iOS device owners are more willing to spend money for a good app. I bought a cheap android tablet just so I could run alfaodb on it. I dont use it for anything else.

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins

Probably the same reason they did a Windows version, market share. Apple products don't have nearly the market share. Could also just be the developer only knows Android and Windows and would rather improve the product than add another platform.

TonyMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 CC 6"4 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It also have to pass the approval testing of Apple...

Earl73

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

Apple app store approvals are a PITA.
I asked Alexey about it back in May and he said he's been trying for a while and *might* have something by the end of this year. I put the Android version on my daughter's Kindle Fire and it works great. She thinks it's cool that I ask to borrow her tablet to adjust the truck (she's 7 so I still get to be cool sometimes).

RamItGood

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Probably because selling an android takes less effort even though iOS device owners are more willing to spend money for a good app. I bought a cheap android tablet just so I could run alfaodb on it. I dont use it for anything else.

That’s what I did, I bought a cheap android device to just use Alfa on. Don’t use it for nothing else. Was just curious. :)

gamonkev

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
How do I set the amber led strip on my factory projector headlights to full brightness? I set the voltage on max and even tried enabling the dedicated turn lamps (circled in picture) and no luck. Am I enabling the wrong one, or what am I missing? 00f2663d48668948371f0e346fd2d91e.jpg

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

MADOCCO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Looking over my factory system ID from alfa, noticed under Cust.Set.Menu 2 - Auto Power Folding mirrors present NO. I have powered mirrors and use the door panel often. Wondering if anyone's changed this in alfa, what does it do? Can we finally fold mirrors automatically when leaving the truck? Open em back up when in drive?

2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn

Screenshot_20201126-132151.png

Last edited:

ersthree

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just an FYI for you guys. The Carista bluetooth OBDII adapter seems to work fine with AlphaOBD. Picked up the Carista to do a couple of things on my wife's car about a year ago. Just found AlfaOBD for my Ram and figured I would give the Carista adapter a try before ordering the MX+. No problems at all. So far I have: enabled DRL, disabled fog light dropout, adjusted speedo, lowered TPMS threshold and disabled seat belt chime.

Edit to add: Carista adapter is $30 last time I checked.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
I believe you need the memory seat option in the truck to use the power fold option.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You don't need memory for power fold mirrors but they can only be operated by pushing the button on the master door switch. You would need the correct mirrors, left and right door modules plus the correct master switch with the power fold button and to enable the power fold option with the Alfa tool. The Auto Power Fold feature is listed in the Alfa but to this point no one has been able to get them to actually fold automatically.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk