AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MeanGene41

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don’t know if this was posted but I changed the acceleration factor from 5 to 3 and it made a big difference. I know some people go and buy peddle commander or something like that but it made a difference might try to go to 1 and let it rip lol!!

MeanGene41

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
@big daddys house i tried to turn signal that have white light and amber for turn signal. I put it on led for turn signal but I’m still getting a error but it will come and go. Do you have any idea what else to do about the issue

Chris Reiter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes you'll need alfaobd if you don't want to use canbus adapters.
You'll need to set high intensity discharge lights -enabled (this is what disabled the pwm feature that causes issues with led/hid)
You don't have to but you can enable led low beams, same with the highs (they aren't controlled by pwm)
Fogs you'll have to enable leds

2018 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman
1990 5.9L 12v Cummins W250

Thank you very much! I will go ahead and order, will know Wednesday sometime how it goes. Will also update here.

Gdp80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I am curious to know if I can active bluetooth streaming music. Currently my truck will just allow me to do calls. Anyone know if this is possible?

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
I am curious to know if I can active bluetooth streaming music. Currently my truck will just allow me to do calls. Anyone know if this is possible?

2010 doesn't support it. Depending on what radio you have and\or if you have the separate uconnect module, either replace the radio or module out of a 2011 OR 2012

Dannyn_01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I don’t know if this was posted but I changed the acceleration factor from 5 to 3 and it made a big difference. I know some people go and buy peddle commander or something like that but it made a difference might try to go to 1 and let it rip lol!!

For real? I’ve messed with it before but didn’t notice a difference... maybe it never set

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@big daddys house i tried to turn signal that have white light and amber for turn signal. I put it on led for turn signal but I’m still getting a error but it will come and go. Do you have any idea what else to do about the issue
Try what's in the picture first. If that doesn't work
Try setting this:
CBC I/O Usage- driver door ajar switch usage > not set, none
CBC I/O Usage- front passenger door ajar switch usage > not set, none
CBC I/O Usage- left rear door ajar switch usage > left rear lamp diagnostics
CBC I/O Usage- right rear door ajar switch usage > right rear lamp diagnostics
Let us know if it works brother.39e7e7d2cc7028ff3562c982103b097f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

SHERMAN ROBBINS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone know if you can do mileage correction for the 5th gen 7 inch Evic? If so are the steps the same as the 4th gen? Any advance knowledge would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

AH64ID

Reaction score
Ram Year
'18 Laramie CC LB
Engine
6.7 Cummins/AISIN
Question regarding DRL’s.

I have the OEM projectors and have had the DRL’s activated for 18 months and they work great.. except they don’t turn off with the parking lights.

Is there a way to shut them off, aside with the settings on the 8.4, when the parking lights are turned on?

Sure makes parking/fog light use annoying with the bright orange glow.

Thanks

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Question regarding DRL’s.

I have the OEM projectors and have had the DRL’s activated for 18 months and they work great.. except they don’t turn off with the parking lights.

Is there a way to shut them off, aside with the settings on the 8.4, when the parking lights are turned on?

Sure makes parking/fog light use annoying with the bright orange glow.

Thanks

You need to enable drl drop out.

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi all,

My truck has been having issues as of recent with shifting, and i contacted transengineer on the other forums to see what i should do, and he told me that if everything looks good then the only thing left to do is perform a PCM reset that can only be done by the dealer.

I looked in Alfa and noticed a “PCM reset” option and i was wondering if i hit it that itd do any damage or reset it to where the truck doesn’t work anymore? any help anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine had issues with shifting... needed a new trans. Took 3 trips to the dealer. I let them keep the truck and drive it home so they would feel it

AH64ID

Reaction score
Ram Year
'18 Laramie CC LB
Engine
6.7 Cummins/AISIN
You need to enable drl drop out.

I am pretty sure it is enabled, but I will check.

They do dropout with headlights, just not parking lights.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I am pretty sure it is enabled, but I will check.

They do dropout with headlights, just not parking lights.

There might not be a difference in brightness between drl and parking lights because factory equipped trucks use the parking lights as drl's. You can adjust the voltage for the parking lights. I haven't verified that doing so actually lower or raises voltage.

AH64ID

Reaction score
Ram Year
'18 Laramie CC LB
Engine
6.7 Cummins/AISIN
There might not be a difference in brightness between drl and parking lights because factory equipped trucks use the parking lights as drl's. You can adjust the voltage for the parking lights. I haven't verified that doing so actually lower or raises voltage.

I did have dropout set.

Yes there is a voltage difference and I can revert to normal parking lights by disabling DRL's on the 8.4. I was just hoping that there was a setting I could tweak with AlfaOBD that would disable them with parking lights instead of headlights.

Maybe I'll play with the DRL configuration. I have it set to optional DRL now, but maybe Canada or Europe will be different..Thoughts?

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

Does anybody have a screenshot of what this setting looks like in Alfa and what it's listed under. Kind of interested in this and was wondering if anybody had ever used it versus a pedal Commander

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I did have dropout set.

Yes there is a voltage difference and I can revert to normal parking lights by disabling DRL's on the 8.4. I was just hoping that there was a setting I could tweak with AlfaOBD that would disable them with parking lights instead of headlights.

Maybe I'll play with the DRL configuration. I have it set to optional DRL now, but maybe Canada or Europe will be different..Thoughts?

I have mine set as dedicated (factory equipped projector truck's have this already wired and is what is used as the drl circuits) and I'm fairly certain that when I go from auto to parking lights while drl's are active they'd switch to parking. Because they use the same lights, although different circuits they might visually look the same. Lowering the voltage should dim the parking lights enough to give you what you are looking for.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Does anybody have a screenshot of what this setting looks like in Alfa and what it's listed under. Kind of interested in this and was wondering if anybody had ever used it versus a pedal Commander

I was surprised to see @MeanGene41 saying it made a difference. Others that have tried it said it made no difference at all?

It's under the BCM settings, called acceleration factor.

AH64ID

Reaction score
Ram Year
'18 Laramie CC LB
Engine
6.7 Cummins/AISIN
I have mine set as dedicated (factory equipped projector truck's have this already wired and is what is used as the drl circuits) and I'm fairly certain that when I go from auto to parking lights while drl's are active they'd switch to parking. Because they use the same lights, although different circuits they might visually look the same. Lowering the voltage should dim the parking lights enough to give you what you are looking for.

While I haven't tried lowering the voltage I can tell that the parking lights are being overruled by the DRL's. As soon as I disable the DRLs on the 8.4 the parking lights go to the normal parking light intensity, which is the same as with the headlights. I don't want them dimmer than this.

So if it's dark enough for headlights and I am in Auto I have normal parking/headlight. I then switch to off and DRL's come on full. Then to parking and I get my cab clearance lights, tail lights, and full DRL brightness on parking. Then to headlight I get my DRL's to dropout and parking lights come on.

So in the end I am thinking that adjusting parking light voltage will only lower the parking light with headlamps on, since I don't think it's using that voltage in parking light mode.

SHERMAN ROBBINS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine had issues with shifting... needed a new trans. Took 3 trips to the dealer. I let them keep the truck and drive it home so they would feel it
My 2015 was doing the same thing had shifting problems would jump into gear sometimes other times it would shift really hard.Took to dealership thy said they couldn’t duplicate the issue reset transmission module. Got home the very next day started doing the same thing I took video sent to my service adviser he said he would show to trans tech. Dealership replied we can’t do anything there’s not a code 2 weeks later won’t shift out of first gear with codes. Dealership replaced transmission got it back 2 days later it felt like someone was hitting me from behind when stopping and when I reached 75mph it would jerk like it didn’t know what gear it was supposed to be in. Traded it in for a new 2019 5th gen. Wow totally different truck doesn’t even drive like a truck.

Last edited:

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2015 was doing the same thing had shifting problems would jump into gear sometimes other times it would shift really hard.Took to dealership thy said they couldn’t duplicate the issue reset transmission module. Got home the very next day started doing the same thing I took video sent to my service adviser he said he would show to trans tech. Dealership replied we can’t do anything there’s not a code 2 weeks later won’t shift out of first gear with codes. Dealership replaced transmission got it back 2 days later it felt like someone was hitting me from behind when stopping and when I reached 75mph it would jerk like it didn’t know what gear it was supposed to be in. Traded it in for a new 2019 5th gen. Wow totally different truck doesn’t even drive like a truck.
My transmission replacement fixed it. This will be my last ram though. I love her but she visits the shop to much even if its all covered.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk