AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
While I haven't tried lowering the voltage I can tell that the parking lights are being overruled by the DRL's. As soon as I disable the DRLs on the 8.4 the parking lights go to the normal parking light intensity, which is the same as with the headlights. I don't want them dimmer than this.

So if it's dark enough for headlights and I am in Auto I have normal parking/headlight. I then switch to off and DRL's come on full. Then to parking and I get my cab clearance lights, tail lights, and full DRL brightness on parking. Then to headlight I get my DRL's to dropout and parking lights come on.

So in the end I am thinking that adjusting parking light voltage will only lower the parking light with headlamps on, since I don't think it's using that voltage in parking light mode.

You could try and lower the drl voltage to match the parking lights

2018 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman
1990 5.9L 12v Cummins W250

AH64ID

Reaction score
Ram Year
'18 Laramie CC LB
Engine
6.7 Cummins/AISIN
You could try and lower the drl voltage to match the parking lights

I was looking thru and didn't see parking light voltage, just corner lights which I presume are blinkers since they are 13V.

What are they labeled?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I was looking thru and didn't see parking light voltage, just corner lights which I presume are blinkers since they are 13V.

What are they labeled?

I don't recall off hand and I don't have alfaobd with me to find out what they are. It might be something like ext. Voltage. I do know there is one for drl

Stelios

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I swapped a 7-inch cluster from a 2017 into my 17 1500 express a couple of years ago, it originally said Powerwagon on startup and I tried editing it with Alfaobd to say Sport. I could only get it to say Laramie however, anyone know how to set it to Sport? If not anyone know the code for it to say Ram 1500 instead haha

Edit: 20 minutes later, I'm a dumb*** I read more and I got it. My Poverty trim now says Sport on the EVIC

Last edited:

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I swapped a 7-inch cluster from a 2017 into my 17 1500 express a couple of years ago, it originally said Powerwagon on startup and I tried editing it with Alfaobd to say Sport. I could only get it to say Laramie however, anyone know how to set it to Sport? If not anyone know the code for it to say Ram 1500 instead haha

Edit: 20 minutes later, I'm a dumb*** I read more and I got it. My Poverty trim now says Sport on the EVIC
You're not dumb brother. there's a lot of information in here. most working things can be found on page one.
Glad you figured it out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Stelios

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
You're not dumb brother. there's a lot of information in here. most working things can be found on page one.
Glad you figured it out.

Thanks man haha I just didn't put it all together when I was reading originally. I ended up using the method for making it say Limited to making it say Sport. I didn't realize there was a second special packages section in alfa to change as well and I just skipped over the instructions since it was for another package.

Also, mad props to you for that YouTube channel. Ive used it for some of my other changes and it helped out a lot getting me started with this app.

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks man haha I just didn't put it all together when I was reading originally. I ended up using the method for making it say Limited to making it say Sport. I didn't realize there was a second special packages section in alfa to change as well and I just skipped over the instructions since it was for another package.

Also, mad props to you for that YouTube channel. Ive used it for some of my other changes and it helped out a lot getting me started with this app.
Thanks for the compliment brother!
Glad my videos have helped.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I don’t know if this was posted but I changed the acceleration factor from 5 to 3 and it made a big difference. I know some people go and buy peddle commander or something like that but it made a difference might try to go to 1 and let it rip lol!!
No, it didn’t make a difference like that at all. You have a placebo effect going on. That setting has nothing to do with throttle response or acceleration in that sense. It pertains to the gyro and accelerometer in the occupant restraint control module.

Gohawks

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7

What are they labeled?
Did you figure out if lowering the voltage helped the parking light DRL's not be so bright when running with headlights?
Thanks

SRTNitro

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've done a bunch of searches and read a numerous post and can't find anything. So, I bought a Veepeak OBDCheck BLE+ and installed the demo version of AlfaOBD to see if it will work before I buy the full version of the APP. I've read that several members have been able to use this OBD device and used it successfully with Alfa OBD. I've been able to get it paired to my andriod phone, and when I open the AlfaOBD app, I am able to select the Veepeak as my device on the AlpaOBD app. . But when I try access my trucks body computer, AlpaOBD
says that it cannot connect to my truck. My truck is a 2016 Rebel with keyless push to start. I've tried it pushing the button one on my ignition, then reset, then pushing my ignition twice, and reset and tried it with the truck running with no success at all. So is it the Veepeak or is it possible that its the trial version of AlfaOBD? Or maybe some setting that I need to change?

Thanks

Last edited:

TonyMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 CC 6"4 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've done a bunch of searches and read a numerous post and can't find anything. So, I bought a Veepeak OBDCheck BLE+ and installed the demo version of AlfaOBD to see if it will work before I buy the full version of the APP. I've read that several members have been able to use this OBD device and used it successfully with Alfa OBD. I've been able to get it paired to my andriod phone, and when I open the AlfaOBD app, I am able to select the Veepeak as my device on the AlpaOBD app. . But when I try to connect to to my truck it won't connect at all. My truck is a 2016 Rebel. So is it the Veepeak or is it possible that its the trial version of AlfaOBD?

The trial version is fully capable. So not because of the app.

SRTNitro

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's what I read but wanted to rule it out. I'm thinking it might be the Veepeak that's the issue but several members have said they've used this device with AlfaOBD with no problems.

Heck with it. That's what I get for trying to be cheap. Luckily Amazon will take it back with free shipping. The OBD Link MX+ is $100. Cheap price to pay to play with the settings in my truck and not having to pay the stealership.

Last edited:

Sam Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0L
For the 2019 classic guys, which settings are you using for tire size change? Are you using BODY COMPUTER - MY2013-17 PowerNet" for changes or are you using MY2019 ?

SHERMAN ROBBINS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've done a bunch of searches and read a numerous post and can't find anything. So, I bought a Veepeak OBDCheck BLE+ and installed the demo version of AlfaOBD to see if it will work before I buy the full version of the APP. I've read that several members have been able to use this OBD device and used it successfully with Alfa OBD. I've been able to get it paired to my andriod phone, and when I open the AlfaOBD app, I am able to select the Veepeak as my device on the AlpaOBD app. . But when I try access my trucks body computer, AlpaOBD
says that it cannot connect to my truck. My truck is a 2016 Rebel with keyless push to start. I've tried it pushing the button one on my ignition, then reset, then pushing my ignition twice, and reset and tried it with the truck running with no success at all. So is it the Veepeak or is it possible that its the trial version of AlfaOBD? Or maybe some setting that I need to change?

Thanks
The Veepeak will work on some options when using Alfaobd but on others it’s to slow it will fail to complete or say complete when it hasn’t. I learned the hard way was also trying to be cheap and I didn’t find it out until I was outside my return window for Amazon.

Likes2tinker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm having issues with my MOPAR integrated trailer brake module. I installed it a week or so ago on my 2015 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab and flashed the BCM with alfaOBD. The settings I changed were:

Trailer Selected CSM = Yes
Trailer Type CSM = Yes
Trailer Name CSM = Yes
P/T Chassis Net: ITBM/HWM Integrated Trailer Brake Module = Enabled

The truck has the 8.4 UAQ radio kit from infotainment installed. In the settings menu, after flashing with alfaOBD, there's an option labeled "Trailer" (not "Trailer Brake" as I see some others have on theirs). I click it and can select between trailers 1-4. In each of those, if I select "Use This Trailer," the checkmark will appear and quickly disappear with a ding ding sound. I can't change any of the trailer settings or braking options.

In my 7" EVIC it says "Trailer Brake Not Connected" and squeezing the manual Trailer controls or trying to adjust the gain does absolutely nothing. The gain is stuck at 0.0 in the EVIC. The gain control buttons on the center stack are lighting up with my headlights on, so I know it's connected. I have checked the 4 and 10 pin connector on the ITBM itself and they are all connected - snapped into place.

When testing with an Innovative products 9107A Electric Brake Force Meter w/ dynamic load simulation and circuit testing, plugged into the 7 pin Trailer connector, it shows all lights functioning properly and detects the ECU but no power from the Trailer brake system. The EVIC also still shows "Trailer Brake Not Connected" while the tester is plugged in.

Below is my system ID, pulled from alfaOBD a couple of minutes ago.

I do have a Pulsar "tuner" Module installed on the PCM in the engine bay. I love the way it makes the truck drive in performance mode, and turns off MDS. Would that interfere with any signals trying to bounce between various computers?

I'm at a loss as to what is happening. As you'll see below, I tried monkeying- around with the "Trailer Tow Present" option but changed it back to "Yes" since it was on originally. I'd rather try to DIY diagnose and fix this because the dealership option is expensive and I have the tools. Any input is appreciated! Thank you!

Wolfreject

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 V8
Swapped to 35" tires and think I broke something. Followed the process to update the size but speedometer was off. Updated the circumference and followed the process again, still wrong speed.

Where I broke it, I attempted a 3rd time to update the circumstance and now my digital speedo shows 3 lines and my needle doesn't move. My speedometer is completely inoperable. My steering also got incredibly stiff and my transmission is shifting weird. No lights, no CEL, no warnings.

Redid the ABS and fault clearing procedures 3 more times with no luck.

Any help would be immensely appreciated.

Dannyn_01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Swapped to 35" tires and think I broke something. Followed the process to update the size but speedometer was off. Updated the circumference and followed the process again, still wrong speed.

Where I broke it, I attempted a 3rd time to update the circumstance and now my digital speedo shows 3 lines and my needle doesn't move. My speedometer is completely inoperable. My steering also got incredibly stiff and my transmission is shifting weird. No lights, no CEL, no warnings.

Redid the ABS and fault clearing procedures 3 more times with no luck.

Any help would be immensely appreciated.

Let it sit for a couple hours. I did mine 2 times, after the second time mine had the same symptoms you just described. Called it a day and let the truck sit overnight, next morning when I started it to go to work everything was fine and the speedo was correct.