AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NovaScotia Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Just made a huge swap in my life, and traded in my 2014 Ram ST for a 2021 Ram Classic Warlock.

I had made a bunch of changes to my truck using Alfa (global down, activated the alarm, etc.). Since it is a Classic, does anyone know if these functions will work in the 2021's?

As always, thank you for all your help.

BigHornGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
Just made a huge swap in my life, and traded in my 2014 Ram ST for a 2021 Ram Classic Warlock.

I had made a bunch of changes to my truck using Alfa (global down, activated the alarm, etc.). Since it is a Classic, does anyone know if these functions will work in the 2021's?

As always, thank you for all your help.

As far as I've read, as long as its the same DS 4th gen body style body the options should be there, just be sure to get the security bypass harness from Mpgrimm2 and when selecting the powerner dont pick the 2019+ option.

Anybody upgrade their 5th gens cluster here?

BigHornGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
Is the needed for newer trucks? I didn't need it for my 2014.

Cheers

If you're referring to the need for a bypass harness yes, all 2018+ have a security gateway that will not let the alfaobd connect to the canbus system, without the harness(which goes to obd2 port and such) or a bypass module(replaces the security gateway behind radio) you won't be able to access the features like in pre-2018 year models.

I don't know if anyone else has been having issues with the mileage and hours corrections but I've been confronting this issue as well as the vin write.

Anyone has some info on this issues?

NovaScotia Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
If you're referring to the need for a bypass harness yes, all 2018+ have a security gateway that will not let the alfaobd connect to the canbus system, without the harness(which goes to obd2 port and such) or a bypass module(replaces the security gateway behind radio) you won't be able to access the features like in pre-2018 year models.

I don't know if anyone else has been having issues with the mileage and hours corrections but I've been confronting this issue as well as the vin write.

Anyone has some info on this issues?

I fought with that for a while on my 2014. I was using a netbook and then a fire tablet running AlfaOBD, but neither we powerful enough to make the odometer change. They were able to change the hours though.

I borrowed a more powerful Lenovo laptop from a friend and it was able to change the mileage on the first try.

BigHornGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
I fought with that for a while on my 2014. I was using a netbook and then a fire tablet running AlfaOBD, but neither we powerful enough to make the odometer change. They were able to change the hours though.

I borrowed a more powerful Lenovo laptop from a friend and it was able to change the mileage on the first try.

Ok, my case is it worked great right from the start on my note 8 phone, then I got a tablet and downloaded the app on to the tablet as well to just use the tablet and avoid receiving calls while on the alfaobd, it downloaded and installed great no issues and then one day it just started giving me issues, like I was able to update the mileage but only after I chose the 3.5" option, and trying to update the hours keep showing me could not connect, I played around with the interface request timeout like the website suggests but there's no improvement at all.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Interesting, I wonder if there's any correlation to using high end flagship devices vs budget tablets and success with mileage correction on the Android app?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

NovaScotia Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Ok, my case is it worked great right from the start on my note 8 phone, then I got a tablet and downloaded the app on to the tablet as well to just use the tablet and avoid receiving calls while on the alfaobd, it downloaded and installed great no issues and then one day it just started giving me issues, like I was able to update the mileage but only after I chose the 3.5" option, and trying to update the hours keep showing me could not connect, I played around with the interface request timeout like the website suggests but there's no improvement at all.

Probably a stupid suggestion, but have you deleted and reinstalled the app since it started giving you problems? I didn't use the app for almost 6 months, and when I first opened it back up it told me I needed to update the license. I deleted it and reinstalled it and it worked no problem right after.

BigHornGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
Interesting, I wonder if there's any correlation to using high end flagship devices vs budget tablets and success with mileage correction on the Android app?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Yeah I thought about that, but I'm having the issues using the same phone so that should rule that theory out. On the other hand the tablet isn't really a budget tablet either and it actually runs on android as well.

BigHornGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
Probably a stupid suggestion, but have you deleted and reinstalled the app since it started giving you problems? I didn't use the app for almost 6 months, and when I first opened it back up it told me I needed to update the license. I deleted it and reinstalled it and it worked no problem right after.

Well I hadn't really thought about that so I'll definitely give that a try, I'll probably end up deleting it from the tablet just to be sure lol.

Thanks for that suggestion, definitely not stupid

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Is it possible to reinstall the app without paying for it again? (AlfaOBD)
The app is linked to your Gmail account, you can reinstall it as many times as you like, even put it on other devices that your Gmail account is signed onto

BigHornGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
Is it possible to reinstall the app without paying for it again? (AlfaOBD)

I bought it through the play store and when I linked my tablet to the same username I was able to download it free of charge since I just got it from the apps I already had, idk about anyone else but at least I didn't pay to download it to my tablet.

Skram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi i got 3rd led brake light installed month ago n now i installed the bed tub light and connect the wiring to the switch which turn on the cargo light. It works but leds are very dim. Is there any setting i change in Aplhaobd so they light up bright. Thanks
Any one??

Skram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nothing that will adjust brightness. What brake light did you get

2018 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman
1990 5.9L 12v Cummins W250
Hi brake light is fine but when I connect the wiring for bed light with switch in the cabin they are very dim but if connect them with footwall light they light up normal. May be not enough power in third brake light switch or i have to activate bed lights through Aplhaobd.

dwhutch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi brake light is fine but when I connect the wiring for bed light with switch in the cabin they are very dim but if connect them with footwall light they light up normal. May be not enough power in third brake light switch or i have to activate bed lights through Aplhaobd.
Did you connect to the switch or the actual cargo light. My guess is the switch goes to the bcm and the bcm turns on the light. The switch circuit wouldn't have enough current to drive the lights.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
When you choose a lamp location for DRLs, it is referring to which wiring circuit is going to receive power when the headlights are off, and the truck is in gear. When you choose fog lamps, the fog lamp circuits get power for DRLs, same with choosing high beams, or turn signals. On the BCM, there are also right and left “dedicated” circuits specifically for DRLs. On trucks with factory equipped projector headlamps, the dedicated DRL wires are used to feed the the turn signal LED boards, along with the turn signal wires, and parking lamp wires. “Dedicated” is the proper way to enable the DRLs on factory projectors. If you have quad headlamps, then the dedicated DRL wires are not populated, but you can add them, and pretty much use them to run whatever lights you want to as DRLs.

So I got the dedicated wires from @Mpgrimm2 and was wondering if you know how to hook them up to use the high beams as the dedicated DRLs with them to probably get both the high beams and fogs to run as the DRLs?

So question really is ... that line just runs the power to the lights I choose to use as the DRLs and no ground is needed ?

Skram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you connect to the switch or the actual cargo light. My guess is the switch goes to the bcm and the bcm turns on the light. The switch circuit wouldn't have enough current to drive the lights.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Make sense i did connect to switch not to the cargo light. I will try with light itself. Cheers