AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So I got the dedicated wires from @Mpgrimm2 and was wondering if you know how to hook them up to use the high beams as the dedicated DRLs with them to probably get both the high beams and fogs to run as the DRLs?

So question really is ... that line just runs the power to the lights I choose to use as the DRLs and no ground is needed ?
Correct, but I definitely wouldn’t run highs and fogs off that DRL circuit together, because the BCM probably can’t handle that much current draw for the DRL circuits. They’ll either automatically shut off, or eventually die.

diegocesaretti

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i've read in some forums you cant use alfaodb to reset the rfhub, i have a 2012 and need to replace the rfhub, wil i be able to reset it so it takes the original codes with alfaodb? or i need to go to the dealer?

diegocesaretti

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Also, of i have a faulty ELV, what procedure do i follow to replace it with a new one?, i understand both the ELV and RFHUB must be replaced togheter, or thats not the case?

AH64ID

Reaction score
Ram Year
'18 Laramie CC LB
Engine
6.7 Cummins/AISIN
Has anyone made any headway with fuel tank size? Or disabling motion lock on the 8.4 for 18+?

Thanks!

Richmond2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I got the dedicated wires from @Mpgrimm2 and was wondering if you know how to hook them up to use the high beams as the dedicated DRLs with them to probably get both the high beams and fogs to run as the DRLs?

So question really is ... that line just runs the power to the lights I choose to use as the DRLs and no ground is needed ?
you would NOT want to wire it that way as you would have full bright high beams all the day time and NO high beams at all at night
there is an option to select high beam as DRL position and it will get a reduced PWM power so they are on around 8 VOLTS that is the factory option for "quad" head light trucks
the dedicated DRL wiring from MPGRIMM2 is used to add DRL lights that are NOT used for ANY other purpose say "HALOS" on aftermarket headlights
with Alpha you can select high beam OR fog lamps as DRL and you do NOT USE the dedicated option OR the harness you have from MPGRIMM2
in Alpha you can select "fog lights dropout" yes/no select NO and fog lights will stay on when you turn your high beams on (will not come on with DRL mode)
your request for high + fog for DRL would require custom wiring and likely relays and diodes to make work

Richmond2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also, of i have a faulty ELV, what procedure do i follow to replace it with a new one?, i understand both the ELV and RFHUB must be replaced together, or that's not the case?
this is a 14 plus thread and you might do better in the 08/12 thread section
that said I don't know what the ELV is and on 14 plus you CAN replace the RF hub but need the access code from the dealer OR the "pin puller" program for $15 to pull it

MeanGene41

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does anyone know who to get in contact with to transfer Alfaobd from kindle fire to android. I lost the tablet somehow and wanted to transfer to android without paying again. I use IPhone for phone thats why I had it on a tablet

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins

As stated, you wouldn't want to tie into the high beams with the dedicated drl feed. They would be at 100% power, although you "can" adjust the voltage for drl's. You'd want to install a diode to prevent back feed for when the highs are actually being used. If you want highs as your drl's just use alfaobd to set highs as drl's. If they flicker try adjusting the voltage. Otherwise, since you have or a getting alpharex headlights just use the supplied drl feed on each headlight for the dedicated feed. If you want both the dedicated and fogs as drl's you have a couple of ways of doing it. Easiest, use the supplied drl harness with the alpharex lights and set drl's to fogs. A little more involved use what ever you set as drl's to trigger a relay so the fogs come on also. You'd want to install a diode on each side to prevent any back feed.

As far as grounds. If you use the drl function of the alpharex lights then no grounds are needed. If you go another route (using a relay to trigger) then you'll have to ground the relay. Or if you use the dedicated to power a light bar or pods you'd have to ground them.

2018 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman
1990 5.9L 12v Cummins W250

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Does anyone know who to get in contact with to transfer Alfaobd from kindle fire to android. I lost the tablet somehow and wanted to transfer to android without paying again. I use IPhone for phone thats why I had it on a tablet

Did you purchase the app through amazon store or the google play store? Which ever one you purchased it from just down load it to the new device from that. No need to "transfer" it. It's linked to your account. I have it on several of my devices

Kevin97ggg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
So this might be a longshot but I desperately need some help. I converted my truck from an automatic (68rfe) to a 6 speed manual (G56) and originally I just grounded the neutral safety on the factory automatic transmission harness. I bought a factory manual transmission harness for my truck and installed it and now it will not crank, every plug is installed correctly and reading. my truck is not throwing any codes. my ecm is flashed with a manual tune and worked fine and I already contacted them to see if there's a difference between a swapped manual tune and a factory manual tune and they said no, but their tune doesn't touch anything in the BCM or the RFH. so now the factory manual harness is looking for the " neutral safety switch" in the RFH to allow ignition. the RFH looks for the clutch interlock switch in manual trucks. So my question is ; what do I have to change in the BCM for it to realize it's a manual truck instead of the automatic? and how do I get the clutch interlock switch to be enabled in the RFH. If anyone has a factory g56 truck that could possibly share their BCM / RFH system ID or status with me, that would be incredible!

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So this might be a longshot but I desperately need some help. I converted my truck from an automatic (68rfe) to a 6 speed manual (G56) and originally I just grounded the neutral safety on the factory automatic transmission harness. I bought a factory manual transmission harness for my truck and installed it and now it will not crank, every plug is installed correctly and reading. my truck is not throwing any codes. my ecm is flashed with a manual tune and worked fine and I already contacted them to see if there's a difference between a swapped manual tune and a factory manual tune and they said no, but their tune doesn't touch anything in the BCM or the RFH. so now the factory manual harness is looking for the " neutral safety switch" in the RFH to allow ignition. the RFH looks for the clutch interlock switch in manual trucks. So my question is ; what do I have to change in the BCM for it to realize it's a manual truck instead of the automatic? and how do I get the clutch interlock switch to be enabled in the RFH. If anyone has a factory g56 truck that could possibly share their BCM / RFH system ID or status with me, that would be incredible!
Give me a little bit here to go over some notes, as I recently helped someone fix the exact same issue you’re having. You won’t be making any changes in the BCM, and your current RFH doesn’t have the pin for the clutch interlock wire.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins

Kinda sounds like you have to reset the rf hub. You'll need the 4 digit pin for the rf hub.

2018 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman
1990 5.9L 12v Cummins W250

Kevin97ggg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Give me a little bit here to go over some notes, as I recently helped someone fix the exact same issue you’re having. You won’t be making any changes in the BCM, and your current RFH doesn’t have the pin for the clutch interlock wire.

Okay awesome, the other thing I forgot to mention was while I was installing the harness, I obviously had my batteries unhooked and when I was finished it would've ran a system check? well I had a different IPC installed that probably wasn't VIN matched, I tried to write the vin on the cluster and it wouldn't take, so I'm curious if I possibly vin locked my truck since they were mismatched, I tried to use the " Clear multi-module vin handshake immobilizer failure " option on the RFH section of alfa, but it doesn't work. also I already called dodge and got my 4 digit pin and tried resetting the rfh, it says it reset but didn't really do anything. also after that if I try to do anything else it now says " invalid key " when I enter the 4 digit pin. and lastly, the rfh doesn't have the pin output? or just doesn't have a wire running to the clutch interlock switch

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
In a nutshell, you need to take the yellow/dark blue wire at pin 88 on the green PCM connector and tap it into the yellow wire in the green 2- way connector plugged into the clutch. Here’s the position of that wire going into the PCM connector- k0Ml2Oj.jpg

Last edited:

Kevin97ggg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
In a nutshell, you need to take the yellow/dark blue wire at pin 88 on the green PCM connector and tap it into the yellow wire it the green 2- way connector plugged into the clutch. Here’s the position of that wire going into the PCM connector- k0Ml2Oj.jpg

see yes! I found a thread on this and basically what it said was to run a wire from pin 88 to your clutch pedal, that is all it said and I was so confused because it was a factory manual harness. and I took the cover off the pcm plug and checked pin 88 and there's already a y/db wire there, so you're saying I just have to tap into that wire and run it to the power on the clutch interlock switch? also, that y/db wire that's in there. do you know where exactly it goes too? on the automatic harness obviously it ran down to the transmission plug and that's where I tapped into and grounded it before.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
see yes! I found a thread on this and basically what it said was to run a wire from pin 88 to your clutch pedal, that is all it said and I was so confused because it was a factory manual harness. and I took the cover off the pcm plug and checked pin 88 and there's already a y/db wire there, so you're saying I just have to tap into that wire and run it to the power on the clutch interlock switch? also, that y/db wire that's in there. do you know where exactly it goes too? on the automatic harness obviously it ran down to the transmission plug and that's where I tapped into and grounded it before.
Now that you swapped in a g56 harness, that wire goes to the ********* connector under the fuse box, then straight to pin 15 on the RF Hub. It is a dead wire right now because that pin 15 on the rf hub is only used on power wagons. With the g56 tune you have, the PCM is looking for the wire in pin 88 on the PCM connector to be grounded in order to start. This happens when you tie it into the yellow wire at the clutch, and you depress the clutch to complete ground.

Kevin97ggg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Now that you swapped in a g56 harness, that wire goes to the ********* connector under the fuse box, then straight to pin 15 on the RF Hub. It is a dead wire right now because that pin 15 on the rf hub is only used on power wagons. With the g56 tune you have, the PCM is looking for the wire in pin 88 on the PCM connector to be grounded in order to start. This happens when you tie it into the yellow wire at the clutch, and you depress the clutch to complete ground.
okay awesome! I will head out in a few minutes and do that then. Do you happen to know where a good place to splice into that wire would be? also, to complete this to be 100% factory without any additional wiring, would I just have to order a RFH for a 2015 factory manual truck then? to have the pinout to go to the clutch interlock and then obviously use alfa to update the vin and my keys to it

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
okay awesome! I will head out in a few minutes and do that then. Do you happen to know where a good place to splice into that wire would be? also, to complete this to be 100% factory without any additional wiring, would I just have to order a RFH for a 2015 factory manual truck then? to have the pinout to go to the clutch interlock and then obviously use alfa to update the vin and my keys to it
In order to do it 100% factory, you would need a PCM and RF Hub for a g56 (not just an aftermarket tune file flashed onto your current PCM), and new fobs.

RamItGood

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If I get a passenger seat that now has power adjustment buttons can I enable the features with Alfa? Or would I also need more wiring to the seat?
My driver seat has all the power functions so just wondered if I’m able to enable it to work if I get a powered seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kevin97ggg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Does anyone know if there's a setting in alfa that has any control over your lower bank switches? like the panel holding your trailer brake and the push buttons for traction control, exhaust brake, tow haul, those buttons? Mine currently aren't working after a different problem I was having and i'm wondering if I touched a wrong setting in alfa. I didn't have the dash apart so I couldn't see it being wiring. Possibly a fuse if someone knows what fuse controls that? everything else in the entire truck is functioning fine. 2015 ram 3500 SLT

* the trailer brake works, just not the push buttons *