AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Not sure what you meant by this.

I'm just guessing, might have meant did you turn the dimmer all the way up? Don't know whether it would have anything to do with your trying to accomplish, I'm just saying that's what the poster might have meant. But then again I'm wrong as much as I'm right, LOL

WVRam68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm just guessing, might have meant did you turn the dimmer all the way up? Don't know whether it would have anything to do with your trying to accomplish, I'm just saying that's what the poster might have meant. But then again I'm wrong as much as I'm right, LOL

Yea dimmer, iPhone is doing some weird stuff since update.

Your ambient lighting circuit follows your dimmer.

On mine you can see a difference when turned all the way down to all the way up. Not sure if that would have cause difference on boost brand lights.

Just another thought.

2015 Ram 2500 Tradesman 4x4
Extang Full tilt tonneau
Nitro Ridge Grappler LT295/70R18 on Mayhem rims.
Added aux switches
KC LED SPOTS and FLOODS
MORIMOTO LED head and tail lites

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I can pop my panel tomorrow am if you like?

Also you have also turned diller all the way up also, just to verify?

Let me know.

Extang Full tilt tonneau
Added aux switches
KC LED SPOTS and FLOODS
Not sure what you meant by this.
It's absolutely hilarious if you know Dutch...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

No Tyme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Well can't vouch for an IPhone but I can honestly say my Android isn't much better. One thing for sure, its built like a tank cause its chalked up quite a few air miles and I don't fly.

Guga

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is it possible to do a backup of the BCM using the Windows version? I have an iPhone and no Android device.

MeanGene41

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
As stated, you wouldn't want to tie into the high beams with the dedicated drl feed. They would be at 100% power, although you "can" adjust the voltage for drl's. You'd want to install a diode to prevent back feed for when the highs are actually being used. If you want highs as your drl's just use alfaobd to set highs as drl's. If they flicker try adjusting the alpharex headlights just use the supplied drl feed on each headlight for the dedicated feed. If you want both the dedicated and fogs as drl's you have a couple of ways of doing it. Easiest, use the supplied drl harness with the alpharex lights and set drl's to fogs. A little more involved use what ever you set as drl's to trigger a relay so the fogs come on also. You'd want to install a diode on each side to prevent any back feed.

As far as grounds. If you use the drl function of the alpharex lights then no grounds are needed. If you go another route (using a relay to trigger) then you'll have to ground the relay. Or if you use the dedicated to power a light bar or pods you'd have to ground them.

2018 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman
1990 5.9L 12v Cummins W250

MeanGene41

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I know this sounds stupid but I bought the Alpha Owls but their is no DRL line to connect to. I have look and tried to get more information but nothing. It’s seems as if the DRL don’t have a way to work unless I find another way to tie into the light. The only plugs coming from the light to plug into is the turn signal and high low beams that’s it. Does anyone else have a solution!

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I know this sounds stupid but I bought the Alpha Owls but their is no DRL line to connect to. I have look and tried to get more information but nothing. It’s seems as if the DRL don’t have a way to work unless I find another way to tie into the light. The only plugs coming from the light to plug into is the turn signal and high low beams that’s it. Does anyone else have a solution!
Read through this post, it will walk you through what to look for and what you'll need: https://www.ramforum.com/threads/what-kind-of-headlights-do-i-have.170404/

Stelios

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Anyone know if you can use Alfaobd to make the gauges do the flick on start up? Idk exactly what its called but Challengers, Chargers, and Grand Cherokee's gauge needles swing all the way over and back on start up and it looks pretty modern imo

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins

So I just looked them up and there is definitely no external drl wire. It appears from the pictures that it has a little extension on the high/low connector. If yours came with on I'd use that to make a dedicated drl harness out of. I'd definitely recommend using diodes on the parking light feed to prevent back feed. Here's a layout. (Not location specific for park lights)

87c185c7990f7064eaa87179c429249f.jpg

GWR Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
The only cameras that we've been able to get working are the rev cam and cargo camera. I'm using the cargo camera input for my front camera currently with the soft key for cargo in my bottom lineup for quick access.

The camera inputs in the harness are only activated on 24, 25, 26 (cargo) and 31, 32, 33 (rev cam). 21, 22, and 23 are not active and I have not been able to make them so with Alfa so far. On my 16' Express with a donor 15' Limited VP4 anyway.

did you splice into the cargo cam wires on the back plug of the 8.4 uconnect? I installed in 21 and 22 and they did not work even after I activated front camera in alphaobd. I put the front camera wires in 31 and 32 and front camera started to work. So I put rev cam back in 31 and 32 and now it doesn't work and have a blue screen saying Camera System Unavailable.

Any ideas?

I have a 2018 Ram 3500 Mega Cab 6.7 diesel

SBelt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Diesel
I'm looking at getting alfaOBD and MX+. However, before I do I'd like to understand what this can do in a little more detail. Is there a link that someone can post to a list of all the configuration changes that AlfaOBD can do? I'm sure it's somewhere in the 1292 pages in this thread, but that's a lot of reading...

Thanks in advance.

Jbyron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I'm looking at getting alfaOBD and MX+. However, before I do I'd like to understand what this can do in a little more detail. Is there a link that someone can post to a list of all the configuration changes that AlfaOBD can do? I'm sure it's somewhere in the 1292 pages in this thread, but that's a lot of reading...

Thanks in advance.

Yes, post #1 of this thread for a s starter. Yes all of this is a lot of reading that's why its best to use the search function for this thread if you can't put in the time to read , its a really excellent tool. Pretty much there are only a few things you can't do with AlfaOBD but the possibilities of what you can do are almost endless and honestly more than the dealer can do. Think of anything you want to do and use the search function. Read that post number one like a half a dozen times and follow the #1 rule, backup your BCM before you do anything and only make one change at a time. Many people have asked if you can use an OBD adapter other than the OBD MX and while some people will say yes most found out in the end that the answer is no. The developer recommends that adapter and it works the best.

WVRam68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
*Insert crazy conspiracy theories here*

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Well its operating system is apple.

That work as a theory?

[emoji16]

Extang Full tilt tonneau
Added aux switches
KC LED SPOTS and FLOODS

No Tyme

Reaction score
Ram Year
I can pop my panel tomorrow am if you like?

Also you have also turned diller all the way up also, just to verify?

Let me know.

Extang Full tilt tonneau
Added aux switches
KC LED SPOTS and FLOODS

We have Victory... I now have running lights and turn signals on my Boost power folding tow mirrors. It took some doing but I cannot say enough about Jimmy at Dude's Diesel. Jimmy and I communicated here on messenger late in the evenings & weekends; even on Sunday. We had some phone communications and sent text messages back and fourth and he would just not give up.
My first try did not work out and he sent me a replacement harness. I must say that I am older than most of you on this board and in the middle of looking for our retirement home and prepping our current home for sale. Jimmy knew we were traveling soon to Florida to look for a place to escape the 6 months of winter that I feel we get here in Michigan. It hurts to see my Harley sit with a battery tender in the shop and collect dust.
My first attempt I was following the directions in the PDF file but the second try I was in a rush and had too many things on my mind and believe I was using the wrong set of wires which was keeping me from success. I was reminded this by the wife telling me about the new curse words I was spouting, LOL.
But today I was able to complete this mod and owe Jimmy a huge THANK YOU. I haven't seen customer service like this in a very long time and want to go on record saying that I 110% endorse the wiring harness from Dude's Diesel.
The commitment to customer satisfaction is tremendous.

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I just paired my Mx and downloaded Alfa and did what others have and uploaded the info log to my google drive. It did that successfully to my google drive but when I go to view it, it doesn’t show anything...is there some sort of reader I need to see the log file on a ****** 15?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
So I just paired my Mx and downloaded Alfa and did what others have and uploaded the info log to my google drive. It did that successfully to my google drive but when I go to view it, it doesn’t show anything...is there some sort of reader I need to see the log file on a ****** 15?

When connected to the bcm click the battery icon then download it to Google drive