AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhigh567

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Okay new to Alfa. I am using the OBDLink MX+. I currently have the demo version downloaded on android phone and it will not allow me to save my log file. If I do it to google drive there is nothing in the log file and if I do the work around as stated in the first post then my phone tells me that there was a download error.
Will the demo not save the body_chrysler_info or am I doing something wrong?

So found out a solution to my problem and figured I throw it out here for anyone else. This is courtesy of a YouTube user who posted it on big daddy’s house.

Sometimes you have to have the data loaded in alfaobd for it to save. It's a good habit to load the data before saving it to make sure you have the current settings loaded. Here's how I do it
Connect to the bcm
Click the battery icon
Select read system ID(wait for the data to load)
Click on the tools icon on the top Select upload to Google drive
Enter your email address Select upload faults and status

Jhigh567

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Need some help. Changed my tire size. Followed a video exactly as it described to reprogram the tire size and now my parking sensors are disabled, auto park feature is off and my speedometer isn’t reading at all.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
When clearing rolls information I get the error message “Failed. Service Not Supported In Active Diagnostic Session.”

Did you cycle the key after the ECU initialization?

Jhigh567

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Did you cycle the key after the ECU initialization?

I followed the directions in the link exactly. Only way I got my truck back to normal was to disconnect my negative battery for 20 minutes and then there was no issue with abs codes or anything. If I go back into Alfaobd it shows that the value took but my speedometer is still 2 mph faster than gps. Which correct me if I’m wrong, but I’d need to increase the input value to get the speedometer closer to the correct speed.

I have mastercraft courser mxt 35x12.50r20. Manufactures website states they are 34.69” in diameter which turns out to be a circumference of 2,768.14mm. My setting in Alfa is 2784mm and the speedo is still to fast.
I assume that the miles, estimated fuel, and all that fun happy stuff in our trucks rely on the tire size being correct.

Pioneer4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
[QUOTE="Cruisinforgold, post: 2118967, member: 81922"Not sure where to go. I've used AlfaOBD successfully to program the trailer present and lighting for my 2017 Dodge Durango (WD) and I shared this setup on this forum.

I've been trying to program a new FOB for this truck but AlfaOBD keeps saying "Failed. Requested service is not supported by the unit."

I've sent diagnostic files thru the AlfaOBD app service since May but I've received no response. I suspect AlfaOBD is not communicating properly with the Durango (WD) hub.

It will connect to my 2012 Charger for FOB programming.

Any ideas?
[/QUOTE]
Any more information you can share on this, or anybody else?
I am trying to get a key working on a 2012 Grand Cherokee Overland with Passive Entry/Push to Start.
I got it working IN the dash, and as a remote to unlock, remote start, but the PEM Replace fails with
"Failed. Requested procedure is not supported by the unit."
I do have the 4 digit PIN for my Jeep
upload_2021-5-11_15-58-21.png

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wondering if anyone can help me. Was playing around with some of the settings on my PC. Specifically trying out different splash screens. Looking for Laramie's proper settings.

VehConfig 1:
  • Vehicle Line - DT - Ram 1500
  • Special Package - PREMIUM (DEFAULT) OR SXT OR R/T OR LARAMIE
VehConfig 2:
  • Special Package - PREMIUM (DEFAULT) OR SXT OR R/T OR LARAMIE
VehConfig 3:
  • Vehicle is a SRT - No
  • Chassis Type - 36
  • Vehicle Brand - Ram
VehConfig 7:
  • Special Package - Type 3 Luxury

I would think that it would be:

Special Package - DT BASE/SPORT/SLT+/LARAMIE
Special Package - DT BASE/SPORT/SLT+/LARAMIE
Special Package - Type 3 Luxury

Any thoughts or can someone verify?

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2019 DT pulling Pin code. I was not able to pull the pin code using Alpha. any suggestions?

Using a security bypass plug using the Gateway Security module plugs, not going strait into the High & Low speed Can's like the koatech (my spelling maybe wrong) harness.

diboblo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2019 DT pulling Pin code. I was not able to pull the pin code using Alpha. any suggestions?

Using a security bypass plug using the Gateway Security module plugs, not going strait into the High & Low speed Can's like the koatech (my spelling maybe wrong) harness.
You need to see the dealer, or use the Pin Puller app, for the RF hub pin.

Alfa doesn't do this.

Bob

Kenepo17ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For 2021 1500 big horn bypass harness do i need a diff one than the one i used it in my 19 classic?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Tepco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm having no luck with my 2016 PMC base using Alphaobd. I'm using the MX+ and the yellow connector. I did a back up but it doesn't seem as long as others I see. Whenever I try to make a change it triggers my service transmission, hill assist, and engine lights and doesn't keep the change. When I go in to try it again it says the change has already been done. (in this case, horn only for alarm) ?
I'm at a loss, I have video and screen shots of the process. I'm thinking possibly the connector isn't correct? Ill be doing continuity checks on the pins to see if the connector was built correctly.
Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. My main goal is to stop my odometer from flashing due to the aftermarket radio.