AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BJSwizzle

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7L
Just at work at the moment, but I’ll definitely try that out, but I did notice the light does turn on though
@1500ram12 ’s old post was right, I connected it back to the original connection instead of through relay and battery, kept the vehicle config 3 to high intensity discharge, the code cleared and works perfect, thanks fellow forum members!

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The very first sentence of that form says that the pin is proprietary to FCA, so we have no “rights” to it. The letter is just giving dealership permission to give it out (if they choose to do so) under strict guidelines.
Either way, you can get your pin using AlfaOBD now, so the argument is moot. Also, the pin you are referring to is not used for the aux switches. That is a user selected pin for the commercial settings menu, and is 0000 by default.
Woah what did I miss? We can get the pin ourselves now?

BJSwizzle

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7L
@1500ram12 ’s old post was right, I connected it back to the original connection instead of through relay and battery, kept the vehicle config 3 to high intensity discharge, the code cleared and works perfect, thanks fellow forum members!

Now my LED high and Fogs and HID lows shine bright, no error codes!

FC56688A-1864-47AC-9E8E-E766873026A7.jpeg

AF1310EC-E646-4F68-B4C4-FD6AAB0E0C9B.jpeg

Ryno1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Is there a way to turn the horn off when using the remote start?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

miles01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone been successful in obtaining the 4 digit PIN from their dealership in 2021? I have a 2018 Chassis Cab that I want to program a couple of the auxiliary switches on the center console. It is my understanding I need the code for that. I went to the dealer with my title and driver's license in hand and they were unwilling at first, then (and after just ordering the aux switch harness kit that normally ships with a new vehicle <bought mine used and it didn't come with it>), the parts counter guy said he could give it to me but it was only good for 24 hours. After reading the link about the difference between 4 and 5 digit PINs, I think he was going to give me the 5 digit one.
I assume the 4 digit one is the "golden key" and once you have it you never need to go to the dealer again to get another "24 hour PIN". Has anyone determined the actual legal rights we owners have to obtaining the PIN? Did FCA change their policy regarding the PINs sometime in the last 2 years?

I went to the local dealer and the parts department and the service department refused to give it to me, went the next closest dealer, (closet town away 10 mins away) they gave me the PIN with the VIN number, never asked for ID or proof of ownership.

Ryno1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I’m still running the RA2 and it doesn’t show. But that should show in Alfa then? And I have horn with lock turned off already.

Was able to get the CSM to show after enabling it Alfa. The neighborhood is quieter now.

HTXRamExp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone enabled the heated/vented seat features in a Panasonic 8.4 UAS radio?

I installed heated/vented seats and heated wheel in my 2019 1500 Express Classic. Followed the known working codes list for adding heated/vented seats.

So far the heated steering wheel and auto-comfort options have populated to the radio, but not the heated/vented options.

I've verified the settings in Alfa, quite a few power cycles to the radio over the last week, and have reset the radio by pulling the engine bay fuse.

I am able to connect to the heated seat module via Alfa and can function the vents on low/high as well as the 3 heating options.

I do have a code for the heated wheel, due to forgetting to purchase the necessary heated wheel harness for the install.

Thanks.

ToxicFire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Select Function
Radio Frequency Hub

Select Control Unit
Radio Frequency Hub

Connect

Select the Open Hood Fiat icon

Select Procedure to Start
Scroll Down to Read PIN
Follow Directions

So i tried this however it failed.

Click start then i get message

Failed. The ecu has detected that the request contains parameter (s) with value (s) outside allowable range.

Someone have something i can try/?

its a 2014 sport. I scanned for faults and non reported.

alpinegreenneon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Failed. The ecu has detected that the request contains parameter (s) with value (s) outside allowable range.

Send your log to the developer.

Kenepo17ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi all have a friend with a 2013 2500 6.7 cummins, he purchase a evic 7" clustwr and installed it. He brought truck to correct odometer, idle and lifetime hour and for the love of my life i couldnt do ot, kept saying Procedure failed what else can i do?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hi all have a friend with a 2013 2500 6.7 cummins, he purchase a evic 7" clustwr and installed it. He brought truck to correct odometer, idle and lifetime hour and for the love of my life i couldnt do ot, kept saying Procedure failed what else can i do?

Put it in his truck and try to set it to your mileage and hours. Then install back in your truck.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

ManualCummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Just at work at the moment, but I’ll definitely try that out, but I did notice the light does turn on though

Hey on those HIDs you are not running external relays right and pulling power directly from the battery are u

ManualCummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7

It absolutely works you just need to make sure you're on the newest 2.2 version you're probably still on an old version and it was only added roughly 2 weeks ago

ManualCummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Is there a way to turn the horn off when using the remote start?

Yes go into the car configuration menu and type in Horn there's one that says disable horn with remote start

ManualCummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7

You need an old version of the software for this to work and the cluster must be out of a 13 through 18 too the 19 and up they put in an extra block that stops alfa send me a private message and I'll send you a link to a copy or send me your email and I'll send you a version that will work

ToxicFire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You need an old version of the software for this to work and the cluster must be out of a 13 through 18 too the 19 and up they put in an extra block that stops alfa send me a private message and I'll send you a link to a copy or send me your email and I'll send you a version that will work
So the newer version of software can't change engine hours and idle hours anymore?

Sent from my SM-N986W using Tapatalk