AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Alpha can't change anything in the ECM, but there are Gear Ratio settings in the BCM. Pehaps they are what you need?
He has a tuned ECM for his EcoD, some of the tunes will give you problems with setting the cruise control if the gear ratio in the ECM isn't correct.
His BCM would already be the correct ratio and changing it could cause issues with other modules like the ABS.

Jim 11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Laramie 2500
Engine
Can somebody point me to the directions for changing the mileage on a 2011? I can’t seem to find the option in AlfaOBD.

61N150W

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi All,

Having some issues getting my trailer brake module to take.. I think.

I have a 2014 1500. I installed the module (triple confirmed I have the correct one for my model year) then ran the Alfa procedure:
Trailer select csm “yes”
Trailer name csm “yes”
Trailer type csm “yes”
P/T chassis net-ITBM/HWM integrated trailer brake module “enable”
That all went without a hitch (some pun intended). I've gone back into AlfaOBD to confirm they took. I now have the trailer menu on my evic and also on my radio. However, when hooking up to a trailer with a 7 pin and brakes, I get the "No Trailer Connected" screen. I've tried 3 different trailers to rule that out. When I hit the Gain +/- on the switch, it doesn't change on the evic. Also, when in settings on the radio, I can try to select a trailer, but it "unchecks" and gives me the "boop-boop" sound.
Anyone have a lead on what to try next? Many thanks!8228750e3b80fcdb9a94f291c72fa451.jpgd477766e180168d08bc1a934197c05b8.jpg4025042c2aa109ab58cf2a60ac0e5220.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Hi All,

Having some issues getting my trailer brake module to take.. I think.

I have a 2014 1500. I installed the module (triple confirmed I have the correct one for my model year) then ran the Alfa procedure:
Trailer select csm “yes”
Trailer name csm “yes”
Trailer type csm “yes”
P/T chassis net-ITBM/HWM integrated trailer brake module “enable”
That all went without a hitch (some pun intended). I've gone back into AlfaOBD to confirm they took. I now have the trailer menu on my evic and also on my radio. However, when hooking up to a trailer with a 7 pin and brakes, I get the "No Trailer Connected" screen. I've tried 3 different trailers to rule that out. When I hit the Gain +/- on the switch, it doesn't change on the evic. Also, when in settings on the radio, I can try to select a trailer, but it "unchecks" and gives me the "boop-boop" sound.
Anyone have a lead on what to try next? Many thanks!

I have a 2014 1500 with the Brake Controller from the factory. The only other setting I see in my BCM is:

CBC Features:
Trailer Tow Present: Yes

If you want the entire BCM output to compare to yours, PM me and I'll send it to you.

The other thought is maybe a missing or blown fuse:

F11 - 30 Amp Pink - Integrated Trailer Brake Module
F28 - 20 Amp Yellow - Trailer Tow Backup Lights
F29 - 20 Amp Yellow - Trailer Tow Parking Lights
F30 - 30 Amp Pink - Trailer Tow Receptacle
F53 - 20 Amp Yellow - Trailer Tow – Left Turn/Stop Lights
F81 - 20 Amp Yellow - Trailer Tow Right Turn/Stop Lights
F87 - 10 Amp Red - Trailer Tow

-K

61N150W

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2014 1500 with the Brake Controller from the factory. The only other setting I see in my BCM is:

CBC Features:
Trailer Tow Present: Yes

If you want the entire BCM output to compare to yours, PM me and I'll send it to you.

The other thought is maybe a missing or blown fuse:

F11 - 30 Amp Pink - Integrated Trailer Brake Module
F28 - 20 Amp Yellow - Trailer Tow Backup Lights
F29 - 20 Amp Yellow - Trailer Tow Parking Lights
F30 - 30 Amp Pink - Trailer Tow Receptacle
F53 - 20 Amp Yellow - Trailer Tow – Left Turn/Stop Lights
F81 - 20 Amp Yellow - Trailer Tow Right Turn/Stop Lights
F87 - 10 Amp Red - Trailer Tow

-K
Thanks Kad for the suggestions. I went through this morning and confirmed the CBC trailer tow was already enabled.
Checked all the fuses and also confirmed they are present and intact.
All trailer lights work when connected to either a 4 flat or 7 round. The ITBC switch in the bank illuminates when the lights are on as well. My guess now is there's an issue with either the module itself or my install of it. Maybe I didn't get a connection fully engaged?
I'll pull the dash apart again this afternoon and check the connections. I'm not needing to tow a 28' travel trailer through a mountain pass this Friday, so I'm somewhat scrambling. I suppose in the worst case I temporarily install an aftermarket brake controller, but not too excited about that route.

Reactions: kad

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

61N150W

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah at the time I ordered it, there were no Mopar units available so I took a chance. I hadn't read up on anyone having issues with an aftermarket ITBC earlier, but that doesn't mean anything.
Found one on the east coast. Yay for the cost of overnight shipping to AK hah. Fingers crossed this solves it.

northvibe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
speaking of trailer brake units. I JUST installed mine. I ordered it last summer via Benny and it was a delayed part, showed up around November.

Install was a pita to mount that bracket. Not sure how people got the furthest screw in from the back side....

I have a 2019 1500 Classic

These are from the google doc in post 1, I have enabled these. The evic took immediately, the dash lcd does not show a trailer yet.
However I go to trailer in the evic and my gain can be moved via the bottons on the brake so at least it "works"? I'll see after a few key cycles if the csm work on the dash.

Trailer Brake Controller:

Trailer select csm

Select “yes”

Trailer name csm

Select “yes”

Trailer type csm

Select “yes”

P/T chassis net-ITBM/HWM integrated trailer brake module

Select “enable”

northvibe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah at the time I ordered it, there were no Mopar units available so I took a chance. I hadn't read up on anyone having issues with an aftermarket ITBC earlier, but that doesn't mean anything.
Found one on the east coast. Yay for the cost of overnight shipping to AK hah. Fingers crossed this solves it.

Ya, they had a shortage/delay last year. Hope the new module fixes your issue(s)!

ichime

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
This might be a weird and newbish question, but has anyone been able to change the actual sales codes in their trucks? I’m trying to fix issue with the fuel gauge not showing full when updating the fuel capacity and I think it might be an issue with the different sales codes used for different fuel tank sizes.

Ryno1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
This might be a weird and newbish question, but has anyone been able to change the actual sales codes in their trucks? I’m trying to fix issue with the fuel gauge not showing full when updating the fuel capacity and I think it might be an issue with the different sales codes used for different fuel tank sizes.

I don’t think there’s a way to change the actual sales codes. Are you meaning that the fuel gauge doesn’t read correctly after changing the capacity in Alfa? It should work correctly after doing so, all that does is adjust the ratiometric scale to the according tank size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ichime

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I don’t think there’s a way to change the actual sales codes. Are you meaning that the fuel gauge doesn’t read correctly after changing the capacity in Alfa? It should work correctly after doing so, all that does is adjust the ratiometric scale to the according tank size.

I tried to set it to 194 liters (equates to a 52 gallon tank), but it only reads 2/3rds full even though the tank is full (it’s a 52 gallon/196 liter Titan fuel tank). I tried other values (including 197 liters like the 52 gallon option in the Cab and Chassis trucks) and same thing. Max caps at 121 liters it seems.

So I was thinking it might be a sales code issue or if there is a way to trick the truck into thinking it was a C&C model

Last edited:

Ryno1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I try to set it to 194 liters (equates to a 52 gallon tank), but it only reads 2/3rds full even though the tank is full (it’s a 52 gallon/196 liter Titan fuel tank). I tried other values (including 197 liters like the 52 gallon option in the Cab and Chassis trucks) and same thing. Max caps at 121 liters it seems.

So I was thinking it might be a sales code issue or if there is a way to trick the truck into thinking it was a C&C model

I believe there was someone else in this thread who had the Titan tank and got it to work. Not sure if you found that?

eljefe

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Alright all, I need some help. Got a used HD Diesel Stage 1 ECM. It was working great until I tried to change the tire size. Been at it for almost 3 hours and I'm at a loss. Pics attached. I followed the directions except my ABS choices you can see in the first pic. 2nd pic shows what ABS alfaobd uses. 3rd pic shows the warning. I'm getting a U0415 code and tire diameter signal invalid warning. The Test Status pic, I don't know what should be yes or no. Any assistance I'd greatly appreciate. My alfaobd version is 2.2.0.01d1ef7303294fba6a2cdf482f8c52113.jpg4bf6fe7275a6d39199cf1fef985f6d55.jpg7906c44575888c6ebcc88256e5099816.jpga75781b12e067a3bf38d851440b5bacf.jpg82f321e98e3a605079e45642a80ebd70.jpg

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ichime

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I believe there was someone else in this thread who had the Titan tank and got it to work. Not sure if you found that?

I think I saw, but they had the 2016-2017 BCM, which had the ECUConfig 4 option, the 2014 BCM doesn’t have that option unless I can force the BCM settings/options on it

Ryno1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I think I saw, but they had the 2016-2017 BCM, which had the ECUConfig 4 option, the 2014 BCM doesn’t have that option unless I can force the BCM settings/options on it

I don’t think you can force something that isn’t there. It’s not rewriting the BCM, just adjusting already existing parameters.

northvibe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just an update to my trailer brake not showing in the icon next dash settings. After a few key cycles the setting for trailer showed up! Using the gain buttons and slider show movement on the evic, thus meaning it should be working. Yay.

Trevor Gariepy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I’m getting an error after enabling everything in alfaOBD for the factory trailer brake. Anyone have a solution?C253F83B-6E6F-4D60-8F57-502D41543417.jpeg