AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FLSaltFisher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi, getting ready to install GTR Ultra 2 lowbeam and fogs in my 2017, I think I read somewhere to set lowbeam LED present to yes and if I set HID present to yes in AlfaOBD it should eliminate any flicker, is this correct?

Jim 11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Laramie 2500
Engine
Changed from a non EVIC to an EVIC cluster and correct steering wheel. Couldn’t get the EVIC buttons to work no matter how many times I tried. Followed the directions exactly. gave up and removed them both. Set it back to stock and bought a 201 2500 Cummins instead!

Edit: this was a reply to someone question. Not sure why the quote function didn’t work.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Changed from a non EVIC to an EVIC cluster and correct steering wheel. Couldn’t get the EVIC buttons to work no matter how many times I tried. Followed the directions exactly. gave up and removed them both. Set it back to stock and bought a 201 2500 Cummins instead!

Edit: this was a reply to someone question. Not sure why the quote function didn’t work.
what version of the software are you running? I have noticed some issues when I switch from an older version to a newer version.

In my opinion, turn off auto update in the app store and only update the app when some setting change doesn't work. I actually had to side load the app to an older version about a year ago when I did a VGT actuator replacement.

Thankfully the app designer Alexy helped me out with that one.

tall70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks Richmond2000 I will get someone to assist me and get them going.
Actually, i had dealer in US turned on DRLs, but tech said all he could see for quad lamps on 2013 big horn was setting for low beams, later i changed it to high beams with Alfa

tall70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I also have DT Limited and asked same of my dealer in Brisbane - the reply was:

"There is no daytime running lights fitted to the vehicle, however the lights are auto off with a timer. Leaving your lights on at all times is no issue, and when the ignition is off the lights will turn off also. This can be adjusted in the settings menu for different time delays."

There must be a way as all the Australian DT Limited pictures have the DTRL's on.
Ik, it's funny, i actually called Canadian dealership where DRLs are mandatory with questions on drls and they told me that my model does not have DRLs fitted on truck (quad lamps) therefor it can't be done

gapi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
When changing an ABS module does the Vin have any play in the procedure? Is this what the initialization does.

Thanks,

yomanne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
latching vs. momentary switch type, battery or ignition power source, ability to remember last state of switch when turning vehicle back on.
Are you suggesting that "Tow/Haul" and "Traction Control" can be programmed to remember the last state?

gapi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
No, just swapping out a bad Module for a new one or a used one, is there VIN numbers to be considered, What is the initialization doing?

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Are you suggesting that "Tow/Haul" and "Traction Control" can be programmed to remember the last state?

No, only the "Aux" switch can be programmed to remember the power source and type of switch (latching vs momentary).

Tow haul and traction control last state can only be modified via a tuner.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Does anyone know what the difference between the two settings for "Auto on Driver Comfort CSM Present:" under "Vehicle Config Customer Settings Menu 1: " is?

The two available settings (besides "Not Present") are:

Feature 1 - 2 option

and

Feature 2 - 3 option

but I can't seem to find any info on the difference between the two. I see trucks with each in the shared BCMs on the Google Drive link and I see posts referencing both, but no details on which one does what.

-K

onebatk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hello all does anyone here know of a way to keep the exhaust brake on or should i say that it automatically stays on from start to start

Natebishop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 21 ram classic I got the bypass cable and installed it correctly. I got mx and nothing works not a single thing, instrument panel gives iso code error, and everything else says no data or failed before I even select anything. Please help

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
hello all does anyone here know of a way to keep the exhaust brake on or should i say that it automatically stays on from start to start

Can't be done with Alfa, only a ECM tuner can do that.

Policeboss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Hey everyone, I have a new 52 gallon S&B fuel tank for my ram 2500. I see I can change the liter settings in Alpha. Is there anything else that needs to be done? Thanks!
Were you able to change your liter capacity? Did your DTE and fuel gauge work correctly?

Policeboss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
I saw somewhere in the settings an option for "Fuel Tank Capacity", Maybe the configuration change changed how many gallons it thinks you have?
Did you find a solution? I just added an S&B 52g tank. Changed to 194.000 and my gauge did the same. Just wondering if you found a work-around.

ScrappyDogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I've got 2014 ram that I got led tailights for. The parking light out error comes on when starting truck only. I got a new set of led lights and when I plug them in, I get parking brake error Everytime I turn on blinker or hit brakes while lights are on. If lights are off, it does not do it. I've got alphaobd and turned on the cbc led stop, brake and turn. It is still doing it. I've cleared the codes and nothing. I out my old set back in and it only does it at start up. More in detail the code is b16d7 and b16df on alphaobd.. I can't deal with dinging every 10 seconds..

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
I just tried, and can confirm this works. No TPMS screen, and no warnings:
VehConfig 3 Base TPM system present- NO
VehConfig 3 premium tpm system present- NO
VehConfig 5 non regulated tire pressure information system- NO
VehConfig 7 TPMS configuration- Logic 1 NHTSA Enable Warning
Then reset the rf hub
2014 2500 I tried this I see everything but be vehconfig 7 tpms configuration. Hmmmm.

Evguy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM1500
Engine
Cummins ISB 170
I'm desperately trying to find someone who can tell me what this should read on a RUNNING 2014 Ram 1500 Hemi:
Crank unlock in run mode:Crank Has Not Unlocked In Run Mode
Its in: engine "read system status"

RoadBoss2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I found this in a search: https://w06.dealerconnect.chrysler.com/parts/keycode/policypdf/en_US/Key_Code_Policy_en_US.pdf

SEE FOURTH BULLET POINT DOWN. This is straight off FCA DealerConnect

Also pasted below:

Access to vehicle key codes is a necessity for dealers to service their customers and repair vehicles. However it is important to understand that a key code is sensitive information that dealers must protect. The dealership assumes full responsibility for
key code information and agrees to use key code information received from FCA US in a lawful manner and consistent with this Dealer Policy Manual as follows:

Dealers must limit the number of employees with access to the key code application to only those employees having a business need for the information such as service technicians, parts advisors, managers of these departments, and dealer
management. It is the responsibility of the dealer to monitor and update this access as needed.

Key codes must only be used by the dealership for the purpose of servicing vehicles and customers. Key codes must not
be provided to outside entities, including but not limited to locksmiths or repossession companies unless required by court order.
(Please note FCA US allows qualified third parties access to key code information
via Tech Authority).

For all Service Repair Authorization Pin requests, the customer’s information and technician’s name and/or identification number must be documented on the Repair Order.

For all non-Service Repair Authorization Pin requests, each dealership must verify the vehicle ownership by personally reviewing:
The vehicle owner’s government issued picture ID (Driver’s License)
The vehicle's registration or other proof of ownership. Please
note that vehicle registration should have normal markings from the State or Province
that issued the registration.

FCA US
reserves the right to limit and audit dealer requests for key codes.
Violations and non-compliance may result in the loss of key code access.
I just joined this forum because I am going to use the AlphaOBD application. As for the 4 digit pin , I have the Autel MaxiIM IM508 This scan tool is able to scan your vehicle for the 4 digit pin. It is able to program fobik keys from none . Which mean you can buy a vehicle with no key and program the one you need. If it is a blade key , then you need a blank cut key and Bingo .

Matt Franklin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Iv'e read everything I can find on seat belts in this thread, and I'm not seeing anything definitive. Can anybody confirm that it IS or IS NOT possible to turn off the little red indicator on the dash and the message in EVIC for the driver's seat belt?