AlfaODB Air Suspension Ride Height Change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OurTimeToRV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have a 2016 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW with factory auto leveling air suspension. My question is, has anyone used the AlfaODB app to change the ride height on their air suspension? And if so, is it just one parameter or is there a Driver and Passenger separate height setting? In essence, I would like to know if you can change the height from side to side. Why, you may ask? Because my truck camper is heavier on the passenger side and it sags as little as 3/4" to as much as 1.25" and am looking at options to raise/lower as needed. I have very few options to shift weight in the camper as the unit is designed with more than 1/2 the weight on the passenger side. I have reached out to Dodge Ram to see if the OEM suspension is supposed to auto level from side to side. If so, it's not working. TIA

OP
OP
OurTimeToRV

OurTimeToRV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So, I am posting this response to my own inquiry after having an email exchange with Dodge Ram Tech regarding my inquiry with the intent to make it available for others to find, as needed. This is what they told me.

“The air suspension system is a rear leveling ride height system. The main purpose of this system is to maintain the truck’s rear ride height level.

According to available information, the rear air suspension system does not control each rear air suspension spring independently; therefore, the air suspension system does not provide side to side leveling.

Unfortunately, the maximum rear air suspension system capacity information you are seeking is either unavailable or considered proprietary; therefore, we are unable to assist you with this request.”

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well that certainly is strange. Does it not have an individual ride height sensor on each side like the half-tons do?

OP
OP
OurTimeToRV

OurTimeToRV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Well that certainly is strange. Does it not have an individual ride height sensor on each side like the half-tons do?
It does have sensors on each side. And I agree, that's very strange for an auto leveling system to not auto level all aspects of "level".

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It does have sensors on each side. And I agree, that's very strange for an auto leveling system to not auto level all aspects of "level".
Well, being that I recently jumped on the alpha OBD train, I learned that I can actually reset the ride height sensor values on my 1500, I just haven’t done it yet but when I was playing around with the program the other day, you can actually set the value for each individual sensor so one of these days probably this weekend, I really need to get out there in the driveway and remove those aftermarket front links off my truck so that I can level it that way and I guess while I’m at it, I might play around with the values and try to get one of the sides a lot higher or a lot lower than the other side just to see if it will do that.

OP
OP
OurTimeToRV

OurTimeToRV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Well, being that I recently jumped on the alpha OBD train, I learned that I can actually reset the ride height sensor values on my 1500, I just haven’t done it yet but when I was playing around with the program the other day, you can actually set the value for each individual sensor so one of these days probably this weekend, I really need to get out there in the driveway and remove those aftermarket front links off my truck so that I can level it that way and I guess while I’m at it, I might play around with the values and try to get one of the sides a lot higher or a lot lower than the other side just to see if it will do that.
I'd be really interested in what you find out. TIA

p8ntballa9362

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
you might just go ahead and buy those after market "leveling links" for the air ride suspensions. theyre like 50 a set i think. then you can adjust them independently and see how that works out first with out fooling with any BCM settings and ******** something up inadvertently. and if it doesnt work you can always sell them or return them. but ive always known my dads rebel to level itself out front and back. never noticed a side to side.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
you might just go ahead and buy those after market "leveling links" for the air ride suspensions. theyre like 50 a set i think. then you can adjust them independently and see how that works out first with out fooling with any BCM settings and ******** something up inadvertently. and if it doesnt work you can always sell them or return them. but ive always known my dads rebel to level itself out front and back. never noticed a side to side.
I guess there might be some for that cheap but the ones I got from Revel Performance were about 150.

OP
OP
OurTimeToRV

OurTimeToRV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I found them on Hellwig's website for $171. Unlike many of the level links out there made for the 1500s, these look like they are long enough for my 3500. However, that won't help me with the lean when my truck camper is loaded on the truck.......unless I want to remove them, adjust them, and reinstall every time I put a load on the truck. I'd really like to find something more dynamic. I'm making some progress with the AlfaOBD app, but the changes I've been making are not resulting in any changes in ride height although I can see the changes have registered in the ASCM log. So, I'm hoping that it's user error. But unfortunately I haven't been able to locate any documentation for the "Suspension" screens in the app. As a result, I've written to the developer for help. I've already stumbled thru some things the app was not clear on. Thus, I'm hoping I will stumble thru my last obstacle - OR - get help from the developer. Stay Tuned. Thx

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd be really interested in what you find out. TIA
You know, after thinking about it, I think that actually does make sense on the heavy duty trucks with just the rear air ride not really having side to side leveling because if you think about it, you would only have a side to side adjustable suspension just on one end of the truck instead of all the way around, like my half ton that has the four corner air ride suspension that actually does level from side to side.