AlfaODB - When to make changes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SATX2020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have been planning to eventually replace all exterior lights to LED. I just do not know when to make the changes in AlfaODB. Do I make the change before I install the LED light or after I replace the stock with LED? Thank you in advance.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It doesn't matter. Either way is fine.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Laramie Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a question regarding AlfaODB, if I do a mileage correction is it detectable, reason I am asking is because I changed out speedometers on a friends RAM and couldn't remember exact mileage so I guessed according to mileage on inspection sticker. I had written it all down but washed the notes in my pants pocket. I'm just concerned that if he takes it to the dealer at some point that he may have a problem if it isn't exact.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes, the PCM also stores mileage information.

You can look at the PCM mileage in Alfa and just make them match though.

Sking80

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yes, the PCM also stores mileage information.

You can look at the PCM mileage in Alfa and just make them match though.
Where do you find PCM mileage in Alpha?

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That was my next question as well, how do I look at the PCM mileage in Alfa? My buddy is freaking out because his mileage might not be exact so he wants the exact mileage on the new odometer so he doesn't run into issues.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sking80 the best I could find is in Alfa pick RAM 1500 (DS/DX) > Engine > Pick the Control Unit (Chrysler Power Tech/Pentastar/World/HEMI V6/V8), next page click on Connect and then click the battery at the bottom and Read System Status. A ways down in the status you will see mileage for each wheel sensor 0,1,2,3. The mileage will vary on each wheel, I just used the highest value for my buddies truck and called it a day. I see no actual PCM mileage anywhere in Alfa and the author of Alfa isn't responding to my questions so this is the best you can do which should be within less than 20 miles or so or you can add them up, divide by 4 and take the average mileage of all 4 wheels! This isn't the PCM mileage but it should be very close, I spent hours trying to find accurate PCM mileage with no luck.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I swear it used to be there as that is what I used to reset my EVIC when I upgraded. But It has been a while.

Wonder if we could find someone that hasn't upgraded their alfa in a while to check.

I tried it on version 2.2.0.0 and version 2.2.1.0 and couldn't find PCM mileage again.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I still wish we could look at actual PCM mileage vs. wheel speed sensor mileage. I'm picky and want it to match and be exact.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You could always go to a dealer and ask them to look at it. I just don't know if they will log a mileage issue or anything like that.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think it would be better to leave it alone until it really needs to go to a dealer. The mileage is very close to exact, I am guessing within 20 miles.