All 4 door locks stopped working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shenandoah

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Today I was checking out the fusebox for an unrelated reason (didn't end up changing anything, or replacing any fuses), and when I was all said and done, I noticed my power locks weren't working.

I'd hit the fob, and the lights would flash, but none of the doors would lock/unlock. I tried a different fob and the same thing.

Even when I press the lock button on the door itself, nothing.

I checked the fuse for the doors, and it was fine.

Interesting thing to note: my horn also stopped working -- both when I press the fob, and when I press the horn itself -- nothing.

I've searched and found people who have experienced one door lock not working, etc -- but nothing exactly like mine.

Any ideas what I could check next?

easongt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings
Today I was checking out the fusebox for an unrelated reason (didn't end up changing anything, or replacing any fuses), and when I was all said and done, I noticed my power locks weren't working.

I'd hit the fob, and the lights would flash, but none of the doors would lock/unlock. I tried a different fob and the same thing.

Even when I press the lock button on the door itself, nothing.

I checked the fuse for the doors, and it was fine.

Interesting thing to note: my horn also stopped working -- both when I press the fob, and when I press the horn itself -- nothing.

I've searched and found people who have experienced one door lock not working, etc -- but nothing exactly like mine.

Any ideas what I could check next?
It has to be more than a coincidence. I literally would consider changing out the fuses. It may be something simple like a loose-fitting fuse. What was the unrelated issue that cause you can look at the fuse box?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Rickbel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same thing happening to me started about a week ago I have a red light and buzzing

OP
OP
shenandoah

shenandoah

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was just checking if I already had fuses for heated seats (as I’m thinking of swapping my non-heated ones out).

So I didn’t change or remove or add any fuses — only thing if anything, I noticed a few of the fuses seemed to be not fully in, so I just pressed all of them down a bit....

It has to be more than a coincidence. I literally would consider changing out the fuses. It may be something simple like a loose-fitting fuse. What was the unrelated issue that cause you can look at the fuse box?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
shenandoah

shenandoah

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well now the horn automatically starts workin again when I press lock on the fob.

And when I press the lock button on the door, I hear like the light click that the signal is getting sent, but the locks don’t move.

If it was something physically broken in the door like the actual lock actuator, it would only affect the specific door, and not all 4, right?

OP
OP
shenandoah

shenandoah

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
.....and now (hope I’m not jinxing it), everything works as normal.

Didn’t change anything, swap anything, etc. Just started working again out of the blue.

This is a weird one!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963