ALL TEAM BASH 2018

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LoneStarSilver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I decided to go to the event even though the weather was crappy, beats sitting at home. There were cars and trucks of all shapes and sizes and the lot in back of the drag strip was almost full. I was hoping that the Texas Ram Club would be there to represent us, and there were quite a few that showed up from San Antonio. There were a couple of other Ram/Mopar clubs there as well. There was a lot of different activities going on which kept the day lively to say the least. Here are pictures of the Rams in attendance. Enjoy!!

Several members of the club had a pit there and cooked up some really good eats. thanks to all who contributed to the day.

There was one really tricked out Ram that was an advertisement for a local business that was really cool and one of the club members had a flag and the Pledge of Allegiance as well.

IMG_5262.JPG

IMG_5263.JPG

IMG_5265.JPG

IMG_5266.JPG

IMG_5267.JPG

Last edited:

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
I wanted to go to that. Wasn’t in my cards though

dlromo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Where was it?
What was it?
When was it?
Where are these events advertised?

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
If I’d have known I came and stole the show. [emoji13]
When’s the next one and where at?

I Love my 18 Ram 2500HD 4x4 CC
Blue Streak Pearl off-road

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Lotta texas ram club window stickers!!
WHAT HAPPENED TO RAMFORUM window stickers???
How can we represent??

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks like a great turnout. I think that our stickers are currently being worked on and should be done and available shortly. Texas and surrounding area events for forum members are usually advertised in the "Event section", the "Lounge section" and the "Regional section". The events that I have been involved in are almost always posted at least a month in advanced. The success or failure of an event depends on the number of participants willing to come out. I hate to admit that we, as a group, have a pretty dismal track record. If anyone has any suggestions, ideas, complaints, or comments, lets have them. I realize that some members are not interested in having get together's however after reviewing the comments of many members when they join, the large majority say they are interested in getting together with other Ram owners. I also realize that we all have other obligations, work, families etc etc. Many people say, "I didn't know anything about it". If it's posted on the site, I don't know what else we can do?????? I'm looking for some help here guys, how can we do better???????
Jay

OP
OP
LoneStarSilver

LoneStarSilver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where was it?
What was it?
When was it?
Where are these events advertised?

The event was held at the racetrack in Marion TX, just east of San Antonio on I-10.
They had drag racing on Saturday night and the event on Sunday.
It was advertised on TexasRamClub.com.

From what I have seen on the internet, there have been several around the state. JB1, MC Broom & Pull Ya, If yall had been there you would have definitely stood out. Believe it or not the Rams that were there were few and far between. There was a crap load of Toyota and Chevrolet trucks. There were even more Fords that Rams.

There is a link on the internet of a video taken by a drone that was flying around that shows how big the event was. I think the Lone Star Mopar Fest was just as big and it was ALL Mopar!!!

OP
OP
LoneStarSilver

LoneStarSilver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks like a great turnout. I think that our stickers are currently being worked on and should be done and available shortly. Texas and surrounding area events for forum members are usually advertised in the "Event section", the "Lounge section" and the "Regional section". The events that I have been involved in are almost always posted at least a month in advanced. The success or failure of an event depends on the number of participants willing to come out. I hate to admit that we, as a group, have a pretty dismal track record. If anyone has any suggestions, ideas, complaints, or comments, lets have them. I realize that some members are not interested in having get together's however after reviewing the comments of many members when they join, the large majority say they are interested in getting together with other Ram owners. I also realize that we all have other obligations, work, families etc etc. Many people say, "I didn't know anything about it". If it's posted on the site, I don't know what else we can do?????? I'm looking for some help here guys, how can we do better???????
Jay

Unfortunately it's that way with a lot of memberships organizations. I stepped sown from a few when the same few showed up consistently and especially if there was some work to do. I was the President of a 3D Archery club that I had been involved in for many years when I was actively bowhunting. I took the ranes in hope of adding more activities to get the club growing and back to its former size. In the end it was Me, my wife and two sons that were doing 95% of the work that effectively took us out of the fun. We had from 75-150 people at a time show up to shoot and eat but very few would stay and help tear down when the event was over. After about three more years we decided to dissolve the organization.

It would truly be nice to have more members of TRC show up at the events. I have seen several other MOPAR/RAM clubs at the events that have many more than we have, and that is kind of embarrasing. There is a lot of camaraderie happening and sharing of ideas, meeting different people from different walks of life and different styles of modifications to their Ram's. I am probably one of the newest members of the TRC but have been on the forums (ramforum.com & ramforumz.com) for a few years and really enjoy putting faces to the names. I personally really enjoyed both events I have attended and hope to attend more next year. I know its a long ride from San Antonio to Houston and vice versa. The same holds true for our DFW members. Hopefully next year will be different!!

As far as something that could possibly draw more members, we could have contests within the club such as the member that traveled the farthest, the youngest and oldest in attendance, the highest lift, widest tires, most mods...etc. and give away a cap or t-shirt or something like that. I know we don't charge, but maybe ask for a small donation to cover the cost....just some thoughts of an overworked mind on a Monday!!

KahneFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Honestly, the events/regional sections is kind of hidden on the page. It might be nice if Regional could somehow be up higher on the page, or have events stand out in some way. I've been on here a while, but I even got in such a routine of which areas I went to that I didn't even know there was a Regional area until someone PM'ed me and told me about a meet in my area and to check the "Regional" section.

Also, is there a RamForum Facebook "Group"? Facebook "Pages" are good for businesses to get their messages across since member posts are kind of hidden. Facebook "Groups" are better for showing ALL posts made. If we had a RF "Group", then when any of us post, we will ALL see the posts. If you want to see an example, follow "4th Gen Rams" and you'll see how ALL posts made will show up in your feeds.

I hate to say it, but I think FB is killing old school Forum type sites. With FB, the feeds are in your face and you simply scroll until your find relevant information. OG forums, you specifically have to go to the site and then you have to try and navigate the various areas of the forum and HOPE you stumble upon relevant information.